March 20, 2004

My DH and DS (16) would like to know what others are wearing as far as formal wear. DS wanted a white dinner jacket and black slacks, DH says that all black is more formal, anyone have other ideas.

41 more work days for me.......

dvcmomdeh - DH is wearing a black suit, white shirt and tie and DS#1 and DS#@ are wearing navey blazers and kakhi pants with white shirts and ties.

Not sure what i am going to wear.. depend on my weight. :teeth:

Update on our group of 13 :earseek:
We are driving to KC on the 17th to spend the night before our early monring flights on the 18th. Have nonstop SWA flights on the 18th. How early are all of us needing to arrive at the airport so that we have half a chance of getting seats together?
We decided to stay our 2 nights (18th & 19th) before the cruise at POP CENTURY. Have three rooms for our group of 13. Anyone else in WDW before the cruise? On Saturday morning the 20th we have the HUMMERZINE with Happy Limo reserved for the ride to the port. We can't wait :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: So when you see the stretch hummer around noon it will be us.
What grocery store near WDW do most of you shop at?

My DH owns a tux, so he will wear that at least for formal night, and possibly for semi-formal night as well. I am SO EXCITED! We made our shore excursion reservations today!! WOOHOO!!

Cara

Dave will wear his tux on formal night. I will wear a black cocktail dress. Hey Bev, when I see that Hummerzine going down the road I will know who it is :) sounds fun. 58 days and counting down. Kathy

I have no idea what dh will be wearing for formal and semi-formal nights; that is in his hands, though don't be surprised if there's a Men's Warehouse tag still dangling from whatever it is :) 9 y.o. ds will be in a charcoal grey suit w/ tie, because even though I got it on super clearance at Sears, I am still determined he will get more than the two wearings he needed it for here at home. Besides, he wants to look like James Bond and to impress Cara's dd :cool: 5 y.o. ds has begun to wear long pants after 3 years of not doing so, but he prefers sweat pants, so it is possible he will have on a jacket and tie (because he likes to look like a waiter) w/ black sweat pants...at least it will make us easy to pick out! I have somehow ended up with more formal clothes than I needed (I guess that's what happens when you have 18 mos+ to plan for a cruise) and will be delighted to be in any of them!

Wow, Padre, a stretch hummer? What a way to arrive :D

Betsy, if having him in sweats is the worst of your problems, then you are in pretty good shape, IMO!

My DH will be wearing his military formal "mess dress" tux. It is navy (AirForce) instead of white or black but I think he will still look sharp. My DS wants a white tux and his Dad wants it to be black, don't know who will win out yet on that one. I'll most likely wear my black long dress, it's a two piece and very comfortable. Thing is, black isn't really my best color, I'm fair and freckled, oh well, nothing looks as dressed up as black. Will black clash with my DH's navy? DD has a couple of dressy dresses to choose from plus a couple deluxe princess costumes as well. I'll leave it up to her what she wears for the formal nights.

:wave: :wave: :wave: My DH and DS 15 (isaac) and DS 13 (Jacob) will be in black tuxedos. The boys wore tuxes two years ago and had fun and they like the photo they brought home with them in tuxes....on semi formal night I have a little more trouble getting them dressed up. They would be happier in Dockers and shirts by the time semi formal night comes around and that is if I can even get them to eat with us. by then they are usually engrossed in all their new friends.

We will be arriving on the 18th to go to Discovery Cove. We will be arriving in our RV as I make my husband drive to Florida each time. He loves me for that : ) He will be jet lagged after spending 3 weeks in India and Vietnam and he will fly home on the 14th and then I make him go on our DCL trip on the 16th He pretty much drives the whole time and I try and keep the kids from fighting to much, if that is possible. Anyway my point being....the trip to KC sounds great with a flight out non-stop. Then a hummerzine trip to the port. Sounds like lots of fun. I know my hubby will be jealous.:wave: :wave: :wave:

Getting really excited about our first Disney Cruise! Travelling with extended family, but would like to hear from anyone with children close to my kids' ages: son (leap yr baby) 12, son 9 and daughter 5. We have reserv to do Dolphin Encounter, also Banana Boat ride at 2:00 pm. We're from Columbus, Ohio and it's really cold here now; can't wait to share the ship with you!

yes, maybe they can e-mail each other. i'm still learning how to navigate this message board place, sorry. love the computer and look forward to writing more! i'm late for work, so better go for now, more tonight.

Welcome, buckeyefans! Not too cold here in So Cal...though my son did have to put on a shirt w/ his swim trunks to play in the sprinklers on Sunday :D

I have a 9 y.o. son and one who is 5, and as you'll see from the list, there are a couple of others in both age groups. I hope to get both my boys doing a little e-mailing come Feb.

Edit: I just saw on the other thread for this cruise that your son's b'day is 12/3...he was born the day we were married! Pretty darned exciting to get the occasional real celebration, huh?

Hi everyone...my name is kelsey :earsgirl: im 14 years old and i am padre disneys daughter ::yes:: im gonna be on the 3/20 magic cruise. hopefully there are other teen people that are going on the same cruise :D if yuh wanna talk to me...my sn is cruzinbabe2008 well c yuh then...
~KeLs~
:tongue: buh byez :wave2:

Lisa6191,

Hi this is smiley leah. I am Padre Disneys Daughter. I was wondering what family are you cruising with? I heard that their girl is going to be 12 on the cruise. I will be almost 12. Do they speak on the dis boards? That would be great if you could tell me.:Pinkbounc :bounce:

-Smiley Leah ,
bye bye:wave:

:bounce: :bounce: As you all can see the kids are REALLY getting excited about the cruise.::yes::

We got our rewards card in the mail on Saturday and I picked up some Mickey stickers from home depot!!!!!

Today we gave our notice that our last day to throw the morning newpaper will be on 2/29. Big weight off our shoulders!!!

Guess we can all start watching for documents:Pinkbounc

I can't wait to do the documents dance. :tongue: :tongue:

More snow today!!:(

Thanks to a tip from an email group we belong to our kids can now go parasailing. At 15 and 12 Disney won't take them together, so they'll get to go while at St. Thomas.

WOO HOO!! They'll of course be more excited than I, but I am excited for them, especially the 12 yo. She was only 10 when we cruised last and daddy didn't want to go twice so she had to wait till this trip.

Sam's Club had lime green shirts for $4.00 I'm thinking of getting four of them... Looking forward to seeing you all real soon.

Dawn please tell me more.. my boys are 10 and 12.. can they parasail??

I got this information from the cruisetalk email group that we belong to. Shoretrips.com is an independent travel company I think. 888-355-0220. I spoke with Melanie. I told her that my kids wanted to go parasailing and DH and I don't Rick and Brian went last time, so we thought we'd let Brian and Amanda go together. Disney doesn't afford the kind of insurance, I guess, that allows them to take anyone under 18 up by themselves or with others. I asked about parasailing at St. Thomas because we know we'll be shopping at St. Marteen, plus we want to spend as much time on the ship as possible. The price was $68 per person and she made it sound like we get to go on the both with them. There may be a charge for that but I'll find out more when I call 2 weeks before we sail since we don't have our documents we don't know what day we'll be in St. Thomas; I'm betting it will be the 24th. It would be great if maybe we could do it together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter