• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 20, 2004

For 6 days we considered switching to the 10 day for next Christmas. It just isn't worth double of what we are paying now and it is half paid for.

Still looking for those 16/13 year olds that are going.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Very pleased because my 5 y.o. ds, who only ever wears shorts, has started thinking it's really fun to dress up as a waiter in dress shirt, tie, and sweat pants. This is a big step toward being able to get him to dress up nicely for formal night :D So, I may have one son in a tux because "It's like James Bond" and the other one in a dressy outfit because he wants to look like the waiters! However, if you see a little boy in shirt, tie, and black sweat pants, you'll know we only made a certain amount of progress...

Things have changed drastically since I last wrote, sort of. We definitely decided NO on the 10 day and we decided that we would drive. We will leave Indiana at about 3:00 p.m. on 3/18 and drive straight through to WDW. I have ressies at the Beach Club Villas for the Friday before the cruise. We figure that since Brian has his learners permit he can drive for a few hours giving an adult a break for a nap. I think he is looking forward to it.

Would Kelsey (lchsggolf5), Lnaylor863, pappa-G, Steve (NEVETSWITZ) please contact Brian at bhaan@lafvb.com. Brian doesn't use the boards so has missed all of your messages. His AOL screen name is haando78.

My daughter Amanda's AOL screen name is littleA328, she will be 13.

We also have a ressie at BCV for the Saturday night after the cruise. But probably can't use it since we need to drive home (17 LONG hours). Considering renting the studio 32 points at $7/point. Anyone interested.

Hope to start chatting more with everyone.

I added haando78 to my list and will talk to him when he is on. I am usually on at night after 9 so i will talk to him then.

my name is jake.

DawnHaan,

I will pass the info on to my daughter(she does not use the boards either). She will be 14 when we cruise next year and her AOL screen name is frekkles73189.

We may be at BCV on that Friday also. We have a reservation at BWV(home resort) that week but we would like to change it to BCV. So, we are keeping our fingers crossed and waiting for the 7 month window to switch. If we do get BCV I will let you know and maybe we can hook up on that Friday.

We are off to Vegas next week for 3 weeks, but I am taking the laptop so I will try to keep in touch.

LeiLani

Vegas is fun we head there October 23 for DH 40th Birthday. Enjoy. Look forward to hearing from you.

Was in Vegas on the 3rd. Kids did both rides at the Stratosphere.
Can't wait for March.

We're from Vegas, so we go back there every summer to visit the grandparents. The girls and I will be there for 3 weeks and DH is flying in for the last week. My mom is going to keep the girls and DH and I are staying at the Venetian for the week. I can't wait.

I sure can't wait for March to get here. We are doing all these other vacations this summer, but I sure can't wait to cruise again.
LeiLani

We will be going on this cruise too. All four of us - me, DH, DS 12 and DS10. My sons would love to correspond with other boys on this cruise. This is our 3rd and DS 12 will be 1 week shy of 13 b'day at time of cruise ) and DS10. Any boys want to hang with them??? DS 10 will be at the Lab and DS12 , almost 13, is wondering what to do.

We can't wait!!!

Dawn Haan --- we are arriving Friday nite too and also staying the Saturday after the cruise... Do you still have the points to rent or is this too old of a post???

DawnHaan- I added your son to my buddy list. I'll talk to him if he's on when I am. My screen name is babs51806. Looking forward to talking...

You can add us to the March 20, 2004 cruisers! :) I'm sailing with DH and our two children, DD (14) and DS (1)! DD would really like to email with the other teen girls before the trip...she met some very nice girls through the DIS before our last 7 day...her DIS friends really made the cruise special!:cool: It's been two years and they still email every week.

HookedonMagic,

My DD- Brittany (14) will also be on this cruise and I am sure she would like to meet other girls her age. Her email address is frekkles73189@aol.com. She met PadreDisney's DD on the Dis boards this year before our cruise and they have become great friends. Maybe all three of them can get to know each other before we cruise next year. I will tell her to watch for an email from your daughter. My DD is also almost always on AIM.
LeiLani

geffric,

I am checking with my husband... We would only have 32 pts to rent they are currently on a ressie at bcv for the 2th. I'll let you know. Send me your email address, mine is haand@cfs.purdue.edu

LNaylor,

Sorry for the late reply...I've been out of town all week. I gave my daughter, Julia, Brittany's email. She said she would write this weekend. It will be great if the girls "hit it off!":D

Talked DH into a 20th anniversary cruise in October. Going on a 3 day October 2nd and leaving the kids at home. We have only left the kids for 3 days once before and that was 5 years ago for our 15th anniversary to Vegas. I hope I don't feel to strange being on a Disney cruise with no kids. Have never seen the adult beach at CC and plan on spending as much time as possible soaking up the sun.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I think a couple of our kids have contacted a few others that are going on the March cruise. They are looking forward to matching faces with the screen names. Should be a great sailaway party.

It's been a couple of weeks so maybe we have a few more names to add.

I went to Dillard's last night and all of their wide brim hats and straw beach bags were 75% off. These items might not even be back in stores by next March and they will be much more $$ then. Swimming suits were 66% off. Couldn't hurt to have an extra suit or two for the cruise (so you never have to wear a wet one). Summer sandals were not marked down low yet, so I'll wait abit on those. Stocking up on shorts in the next size up for both kids. Don't want to have to pay full retail come next March.

:bounce: Giving us a little bump, we were way back on page 14.:Pinkbounc

LeiLani:p

Please note I have changed my login ID.

Can't wait for the cruise. I have started packing already. A pile is growing in my room.

I'm pleased because on our beach vacation a few weeks ago, ds8 was using a snorkel and mask with ease; I really want him to be comfortable doing this at our various ports-of-call :D And ds5 (my little non-adventurer) was willing to go in the water and found that he had fun there; he even held up the mask to his face and looked in the water! Both have watching the DCL video near the top of their list of "things to do when we don't know what else to do" and even insisted on bringing it on vacation with us. I just keep dreaming and planning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter