March 15' TR: Cruising into my 30s on the Dream! *PTR Link Added! 3/28/16*

Loving the trip report! I remember starting to read it a while ago and enjoyed it...I'm glad you are updating it!! It's making me so excited about our cruise in 30 days!!

Loving the trip report! I remember starting to read it a while ago and enjoyed it...I'm glad you are updating it!! It's making me so excited about our cruise in 30 days!!

Su-Lynn...Thank you for coming back!!!!! I just love how life gets in the way and when you have a moment to breathe and think about vacations, you get all depressed and need to find ways of handling the depression! I love having WDW in my backyard but it's in my backyard and no longer feels like a vacation when I live 20 mins away (doesn't mean I don't go often though!!) DCL is a way to escape but still have the level of service from Disney that I love!!!

My birthday is March 19th too! Can't wait to read your whole report!

:welcome: and Happy Early Birthday!!!! We finally got our internet back up and running so I uploaded a post or two worth of pics so I'll be updating later tonight or sometime tomorrow (Sunday at the latest.) I have a big project due for an online class I'm taking that's due on Sunday plus I'm scheduled to work at WDW tomorrow so there will be an update at some point!!!

I'm scheduled to work at WDW tomorrow so there will be an update at some point!!!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you do at WDW? My sister works at the AllStar Resorts and my BIL works the monorails.

We're scheduled to sail on the Dream on Feb 26 for our "baabymoon". It'll be our first cruise together and DH's first Disney cruise.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you do at WDW? My sister works at the AllStar Resorts and my BIL works the monorails.

We're scheduled to sail on the Dream on Feb 26 for our "baabymoon". It'll be our first cruise together and DH's first Disney cruise.

I'm seasonal at DHS food and beverage. You're so lucky you get to cruise again! Will you be doing a TR or PTR????

Enchanted Garden
(March 20, 2015)
*Yay! My internet is finally fixed! The test was uploading the pics for this post and watching the Dis Podcast (without it shutting off 12 times!) My cousin has showed interest in wanting to do a Disney Cruise this summer or spring break. I will be watching for deals for sure! Why cruise alone when you can cruise with someone!

When I left off, mom and I had seen Golden Mickeys and hit the gift shops hard! We chose the 8:15pm dinner seating. I don't know if I would ever do the earlier seating. I feel like it would be so rushed with the day's activities. Then again, if I had kids, it might be a different story! As we left for dinner, we finally met our stateroom host, Carlos. He was pretty fantastic throughout the 3 nights!

We headed to dinner and got there right at 8:15pm. It of course was packed and I was curious who we would be sitting with. The boat was beginning to rock hard core by now and mom really couldn't believe it (haha.)

We got to our table to see that it sat 6 and a couple was already seated. There was also a kid's menu out and I wasn't sure if it was a joke in case someone wanted to order kid's food or if a child would be joining us. Turns out no one ever came for the last two seats the first night. The couple was really nice. Through out the night they became more animated and we found out that they had both been on the Disney College Program too but no longer live in FL. Small World!!!! Already without the last two seats filled, I was happy. It was their first DC and I was thrilled to be able to share my knowledge and experience.

It wasn't long until our wait staff showed up. We had Travis and Gervil. Both were very good!

I'm going to be honest, I didn't take notes on anything we ate (at least I don't think I did) so here's some food for thought as to what we had!

I forgot to take a pic of my dinner so here's mom…whatever it was, haha!

My First Dessert:

Mom's Dessert:

Throughout the meal, our table mates kept telling our wait staff that it was my birthday…a big birthday! They kept playing it off and then finally said that we would be celebrating it tonight instead of tomorrow (not sure why tomorrow,) and I got my birthday surprise!

Overall, it was a great meal! We had fantastic company and our wait staff warmed up to us as the meal progressed! The food was much better than I had remembered before.

After dinner we took some pics as we left the restaurant. It was pretty empty at that point but we snapped a few as we walked out.

After dinner, the only option we had was to go to Match Your Mate!!! I loved this show when I saw it a few years ago. In fact, I like it so much that I've been watching Youtube videos from other shows of it! If you have never gone….GO!!!!!!! Mom and I went to the room to use the bathroom and freshen up before the show.

When we arrived at Evolution, the place was pretty empty. We got drinks and got settled.

Between 2 drink of the days, the sail away drink, and now drinks from the bar in Evolution, our $50 drink credit was spent..haha!

The show was fantastic, the oldest couple won and won some great prizes (spa package, photo package, bottle of wine, etc.)

After the show we decided to head back to the room to prepare for bed.

Photos as we went back to the room…

It was then that I realized the name of my birthday flowers, Not So Hidden Mickey Bouquet…see the hidden Mickey??!!

Mom got ready for bed and watched TV as I recorded what we did for the day. It would be the last night I would record what I did for the day.
Horrible Dis record keeper!!!!

After tossing and turning for a bit, I finally fell asleep!!!

Travel Tips:
~Late dinner seating is great and probably won't make you feel as rushed in the evening
~Go see Match Your Mate. You will laugh and laugh and laugh, and maybe win prizes!
~There's an appetizer buffet in the adult bar area. It's great for a nice snack after dinner

Up Next:
We're in Nassau!!!!!!!

Arriving in Nassau!
(March 21, 2015)

After a rocky night sailing, I managed to get a few hours of sleep and woke up before the sun! I learned that if I slept on my back or stomach, I couldn't feel the motion as much and I will not forget that for next time, lol!

Mom was sound asleep when I rolled out of bed around 7:00am and sat on the Verandah. It's times like these and I would sit alone, look through pics from day 1 and just relax + feel the warmth of the Bahamas! No sleeping in for me!

Getting closer!!!!!

As we got closer, I woke up mom so she could see us pulling into port. It's pretty exciting to see it all for the first time!

We got ready and decided to go to Cabanas for breakfast. It was packed when we arrived around 8:30am. We managed to find a dirty table outside, cleaned it off, and sat to eat. We had great views and I even recorded the ship's horn to disembark everyone for Nassau! It was already pretty warm at 8:30am so I had wondered if it would shorten our Beach Day at Atlantis!??

After breakfast, I saw that Princess Minnie was having meet and greets so we got in a semi long line but we had time to kill before the excursion. I'm pretty sure you needed a FP for the Princess meets so we didn't bother with that. I hated to take spots for a little princess to meet them. Besides, I can see them in WDW basically whenever I want to...

We arrived back at our room to pack up our beach bags to head to our meeting point for our Beach Day at Atlantis. A NCL ship had docked next to us!

Don't you just love the color of the water??!!!

After we were all set to go, we left our room to meet at the Buena Vista Theater for our trip to Atlantis!

On our way to the theater, we passed a stand selling bottled water. We had already bought a 6 pack for our room and kept eyeing the cooler bags. We decided that bringing a bottle for each of us would be fine since drinks were included in our lunch and we would probably buy fruity adult drinks too!

We finally made it to the BVT and checked in for our tour!

Trip Tips:
~Go to Cabana's early!
~Ship sunrises are the best!
~BUY THE COOLER BAG!!!!!!

Up Next:
Atlantis…on our own…Where's the Tour Guide??!!!!

I'm seasonal at DHS food and beverage. You're so lucky you get to cruise again! Will you be doing a TR or PTR????

Fun stuff!

I haven't been on a cruise in 11 years and it's been 15 years since my trip on the Magic. I was only 13, so I have pretty good memories, but it was so long ago, that I am excited to experience it again.

Fun stuff!

I haven't been on a cruise in 11 years and it's been 15 years since my trip on the Magic. I was only 13, so I have pretty good memories, but it was so long ago, that I am excited to experience it again.

You will have a blast! Like I said in the beginning, I was gifted the trip as my Christmas and Birthday. I tried for the same "gift" this year and got an apple watch instead haha. My dad said the trip is short lived, the watch is daily use :crazy2:He has not been on a cruise yet :sad2: Needless to say, mom said if I cruise this year, it won't be with her…unless maybe a super awesome deal comes up that we can't pass up!

Where'd the Tour Guide Go??!!!
(March 21, 2015)
Happy Monday! I thought I would take the time to post tonight since I don't know what the rest of the week will bring! I will preface this post by saying that I did the same excursion in 2013. My thought was, I would hate to do a cruise and not be able to experience the water if we couldn't dock at CC so I convinced my (at the time boyfriend now ex) to do the beach day at Atlantis. We actually had a great time and so I convinced mom we should do the same. I liked the idea of Blue Lagoon but didn't like the freedom of choosing when you can return, like Atlantis, so the choice was stay on The Dream and go to Palo Brunch or Atlantis. She chose Atlantis….

When we left off, we were in the BV Theater getting ready for our tour. The told us the dos and don'ts of entering a foreign country and one of the don't was taking produce off the ship so we had to quickly eat the bananas we took from Cabanas as a snack. haha.

Before we knew it, we walked down the many set of stairs until we went through security and was off the ship!

I spoke so highly of this tour to everyone that was doing it with us and we had a nice little group together. We all waited outside the ship and it was warm, nearing 90!

Selfie!

We were lead off the dock to the area where the buses waited for us all to load. There were venders selling Sam's Club bottles of water for $1. You would have thought no one had water to drink on our ship. People were buying them like there was a huge sale. Mom and I declined and got on the bus to head to Atlantis!

The bus driver was nice and told us some Atlantis trivia and trivia about Nassau. We arrived and were asked to wait in one large area outside the lobby of the resort as the tour guides all assembled.

Thats when it went downhill. Some decided they were going to go off on their own and everyone followed. We all ended up in the lobby and that's where people began to scatter. No tour guide, no help, on our own, no where to go. We waited around for a few mins thinking he or she would walk in.

We walked around the aquarium area to try and find a guide and we weren't successful. We eventually found our way outside and did find a guide but it wasn't for the beach day. He pointed us in the right direction from what I remembered two years prior but it was to what they called the "Public Beach." I knew that wasn't right bc our guide 2 years prior was adamant to NOT go there. Mom and I continued down the long long long path until we reached the booth that hands out towels to you. They saw our wrist bands and we continued on.

At this point it was nearing 11am and we were to be back to the ship no later than 4:45pm, last shuttle was 3:45pm for a tour we spent $$$$ for. We got to the area that I had recalled and was able to find open chairs here and there but most were BROKEN.

I looked around and tried to see if I recognized anyone from our ship but atlas I only recognized a few families…not as many as what we had started with. Around 12:00pm, a family arrived from our group and were relieved to find some other familiar faces and also said they were lost as well!!! By that point, I was hot, tired, and just wanted a nice cold adult drink by someone serving me….

EXCEPT NO ONE STOPPED!

Frustrated at that point, I decided to walk down to the water to cool off.

Trying to be happy, we were on Vacation!!!! AND in a foreign country!!

Except we walked down to the beach and had to dodge litter upon litter upon litter. The beach was dirty, the water was dirty, no one was serving drinks, and the chairs were broken. My heart was then broken that mom had paid $$$$ for a basically disastrous trip to Atlantis.

By 1 we were hungry so I went to the bar that was right next to the beach area, only to find out that the meal vouchers we were given were no longer being used at that location because of the popularity of the water park.

So let's recap…no tour guide, broken chairs, dirty beach, dirty water, no one serving drinks, and couldn't eat right near our beach spot. If you've ever been to Atlantis and the beach day, you know it's a fairly decent walk back to the lobby where the shuttles are so we weren't in any position to leave our spots to get lunch to come back so we decided to wait until 1:30pm to leave and get lunch on the way out.

We took a selife as we left the beach area. As we started to leave someone FINALLY came out to serve adult drinks but it was too late for us. I felt so bad about the excursion so far and was hoping we could find or do something to make up for it. We left the beach area and went in search of food…HOPEFULLY we would find one of the locations on the voucher!

Up Next:
Would you Recommend Atlantis Beach Day for Future Guests?..…No.

Basically I decided not to do Trip Tips for this section. Don't go, Don't waste your money, Don't waste your time, Go to Palo Brunch!

Last edited:
Your dinner at Enchanted Garden looks like fun! I am excited to eat there on this trip but we're only eating there once because I had scheduled Remy for one night and it happened to be Enchanted Garden. I heard you can get breakfast or lunch there as well so that's what I'll probably do one day.

I'll be sure to watch Match Your Mate! Sounds like a fun show. I will not be participating though!

Cabanas! I miss Cabanas. It's like a reliable old friend. Always there when you need food and Mickey waffles! :earboy2:

Sorry about your day at Atlantis! Did you complain to Disney about it? I would not be happy if I paid the prices Disney charged and was left to fend for myself. I've been to Atlantis before and we loved it but it was many years ago before they built all the new wings and additions. I think I'd rather do Palo brunch though!

Looking forward to more!

I agree! Go to Match Your Mate!!! We had a blast. Can't wait to see it again in December! Love your report Megan! Can't wait to read more!!

Your dinner at Enchanted Garden looks like fun! I am excited to eat there on this trip but we're only eating there once because I had scheduled Remy for one night and it happened to be Enchanted Garden. I heard you can get breakfast or lunch there as well so that's what I'll probably do one day.

I'll be sure to watch Match Your Mate! Sounds like a fun show. I will not be participating though!

Cabanas! I miss Cabanas. It's like a reliable old friend. Always there when you need food and Mickey waffles! :earboy2:

Sorry about your day at Atlantis! Did you complain to Disney about it? I would not be happy if I paid the prices Disney charged and was left to fend for myself. I've been to Atlantis before and we loved it but it was many years ago before they built all the new wings and additions. I think I'd rather do Palo brunch though!

Looking forward to more!

EG was much better this cruise than the first time I went. I think a lot of it has to do with the company you're with and first cruise nerves too! We did complain about the tour...

I agree! Go to Match Your Mate!!! We had a blast. Can't wait to see it again in December! Love your report Megan! Can't wait to read more!!

:flower1:

Atlantis Part II
(March 21, 2015)
Hello! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I hurt my toe pretty badly last night so I'm taking a day of rest when it would have been so nice to visit a park on the sunny 70 degree day we are having! Weekends are precious and I hate being inside but the windows and doors are open…and it's snow free!!!

When I left off, we were leaving our beach spot in search of food with the free voucher from the tour. We took some pics along the way.

When we were half way back to the lobby, we found a food kiosk and it was named on our voucher so we just ate there. I had ginger ale, mom a diet coke, and we both had hot dogs with fries. It was nothing fancy and I would have never paid the prices they were asking for it it was fine for a free meal. We were so hungry I didn't take food pics, only of my cup.

We ate quickly because it was getting hot and we needed to head back to the ship so we snapped a few pics on the way to the bus.

Mom asked about the aquarium part that was included with the tour but since the tour guide left us, we had no idea where it was. We did manage to find some aquariums, not sure if they were the ones as a part of the tour, but they were pretty nice!

One last look of Atlantis!

We found our way back to the lobby and found a gift ship to get some trinkets to take home. I got a cup and t-shirt and some smaller items for my roommate and co-teacher. Mom didn't buy anything and decided to wait until we got to the straw market.

After our shopping trip, we went outside to wait for a bus. It wasn't too long and one pulled up to take us back to Paradise…and I don't mean Atlantis!!!

Trip Tips:
~Still…don't waste your money at Atlantis!

Up Next:
Straw Market and Leaving Nassau!

Joining in! Love your trip report and all of your pictures! We are going on the Dream in April and I am so excited! Though, we have the Atlantis Aquaventure booked and I am a little nervous now. I hope it goes better than your day there. Canceling it is not an option since DD has been asking to go there since our last cruise in 2012. We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin meet and enjoyed that.

Can't wait to read more!

Joining in! Love your trip report and all of your pictures! We are going on the Dream in April and I am so excited! Though, we have the Atlantis Aquaventure booked and I am a little nervous now. I hope it goes better than your day there. Canceling it is not an option since DD has been asking to go there since our last cruise in 2012. We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin meet and enjoyed that.

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for joining!! Hope you have a ton of fun! If the tour guide doesn't leave the group, you should be okay :D

Shopping, Sunshine, and Sickness!
(March 21, 2015)

When I left off, mom and I were on the shuttle leaving Atlantis. We made it back safely and walked through the outdoor market. They were renovating the building that I had been in in 2013 but it was nice being outside..and hot!

Mom ended up buying a small purse and I think that's about it. Nothing seemed to catch my eye. A lot of the booths sold the same things and I had bought a lot of things when I had gone in 2013 and felt my Atlantis purchases were enough! We went through security and walked back towards the ship.

We got back onto the ship and went right to Guest Services with our tour concerns. We spoke with a CM who listened, documented it, and told us that a leader would be calling us. Long story short, we were not given any sort of compensation besides an apology. Needless to say, I doubt I'll go back to Atlantis. I then had wished we had done Blue Lagoon or just stayed on the ship.

We then went back to the room and found our pirate surprises!

We had neighbors!

We decided to head to the pool and get some additional sunshine and a snack! When we got there, the pool area with chairs was full so we went up to deck 12.

Shortly after we got settled, some people had left so we moved down to chairs next to the adult pool on deck 11 and then got a snack!

We hadn't finished eating when we saw a rowdy group of people in the pool (same group as night 1.) They were obviously intoxicated and stumbling all around. The one female of the group was slumped in the pool and the next thing you know she was vomiting in the adult pool!!!! I simply couldn't believe it. Her friends pulled her out of the side and the pool was closed. Disgusted by this, mom and I moved chairs so they could rope off the area. We went over to the hot tub for a few mins and called it a day at the pool. Call me crazy but no matter what amount I spend on a cruise, I can't imagine being that intoxicated. I want to enjoy my time and not chance getting sick!!!

After the hot tub, we went to the pool to shower and get ready for the night! Most of the ships around us had left and I enjoyed the view!

Trip Tips:
~Don't drink so much that you can't remember your Disney Cruise!
~Mid-Day Snacks help get you to the late dinner seating!
~Pirate bandanas are included in the cruise cost!

Up Next:
PIRATE NIGHT!!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter