March 15' TR: Cruising into my 30s on the Dream! *PTR Link Added! 3/28/16*

Ooh I finally get to see your braids clearly! That pic of you guys with Captain Mickey is really cute!
Sad its your last day. We had fun at Animator's Palate too! Can't wait to see how you guys spent your last night!

Congratulations on doing the 5K, I am definitely not in shape for that. We leave at the end of May and I am so glad I ran across your TR.

Ooh I finally get to see your braids clearly! That pic of you guys with Captain Mickey is really cute!
Sad its your last day. We had fun at Animator's Palate too! Can't wait to see how you guys spent your last night!

I'm glad you finally got to see! If I did it again (do 31 year olds even have their hair braided?!) then I would say no more than 10 braids lol. I love the capt. Mickey too. It's in a nice frame in my bedroom.

Congratulations on doing the 5K, I am definitely not in shape for that. We leave at the end of May and I am so glad I ran across your TR.

Thank you! Besides the start where everyone runs, I walked the rest of it and finished in 50 mins. If you finish under an hour you are fine. Depending on the time of the year and weather, I might do it again!

I'm really enjoying your trip report - makes me want to consider doing the 5K, but I don't enjoy the heat, and I think it will be too warm in April. We've got jet skiing planned for 10:00, so I'm not even sure if it would be do-able. I'm not very fast, and would walk the majority of it. So glad YOU did it, though - I'll live vicariously through you. LOL! :P

Thanks for following along! 10:00am would be pushing it. I don't think we even started until close to 9am by the time we walked over but If you docked sooner, you might be able to squeeze it in. I think I asked mom to meet me at 10am and it was closer to 10:30 by the time I finished and bought the 5k swag at the gift shop and walked back over to meet her. You can walk all of it….You just need to finish in under an hour from what I'm told and if you do it alone, bring head phones bc they don't pipe music in and it's rather quiet!

Our Last Night
(March 22, 2015)
*Hello everyone! I'm back!! I was going to wait and post later in the day tomorrow but I can't sleep seeing as I just got back and didn't get home until midnight! I had a nice trip to PA and enjoyed being home to celebrate my birthday with my family and friends. I spent the end of it flying back to Orlando yesterday (19th) and now I'm too excited to sleep! So here's to our last night!

After dinner, we had a million different things we could have done for our last night: seeing Cinderella, swim, hot tub, shop, go to the clubs, etc.
I forgot to mention that before dinner we did go to the gift shop and buy our pics from Shutters. I can't recall how many we bought but at least 5. I got the pic with mom, Minnie, and I after the 5k with the booklet, a pic with just Goofy and I after the 5k and the Dress-Up night one with Capt. Mickey. I think mom took at least 2 home as well. Thankfully I was able to use my CM discount on the pics!

So fast forward to after dinner. We said goodbye to our table mates. The mom with her son were heading home early and weren't coming and the married couple was heading to DTD (now DS) before their flight back to Michigan so they were also skipping breakfast. It was nice meeting/sitting with them..wish we were on a longer cruise! We really enjoyed sharing stories about our day…like a family who do their own thing and meet up at the end of the day to talk about what they did

So after dinner, I made a b-line to the gift shop one final time. I have no idea what I bought but mom was flipping out that we wouldn't get our bags out in time. When we left for dinner, many bags were out and now it was 15 till 10 and our bags weren't out and the others were gone!

Thankfully, we saw Carlos who said he was still collecting and to have them out soon so we did it, with a minute to spare! I always take a pic of our bags for identification just in case…and because it's funny leaving them for the world to take!

So between the 2 of us, we checked 4 bags but to be fair, that included a pre and post night stay at WDW and gifts for family/friends!

Our tags were Mickey and of course I went to GS and asked for more to put on every bag I own. Sadly they have all fallen off now or needed to be removed for fear of falling off….So off our bags went with Carlos with the hopes they would make it to PC and all the wheels would still be attached!

Prior to the bags leaving, I decided I wanted to do the Aqua Duck at night for a final farewell. Mom decided she would just watch as it was getting pretty chilly. When I got to the slide, the CM said I had to have a rider bc of high winds and they were closing in 15 mins so we raced back to the stateroom, mom changed, and we made it with 5 mins to spare!

If you've never ridden the AD at night, YOU MUST!!! It really was pretty cool! After one ride, we dried off and watched Enchanted. Sadly the pools and hot tubs were all closed otherwise, we would have gone in the hot tub!

We got back to the room, finished packing what left we had when I realized we hadn't ordered room service!!! So we called and had Mickey Bars and a side of mac and cheese delivered close to midnight!

The pic of me was horrible so here's just my pretty nails

Mom got ready for bed and I needed to make one last stop to GS to get a finalized a stateroom bill ( I think??) so I decided to take a few pics on my way down, especially since it was empty!

After I got our finalized bill, I finished filling out my customs form, packed up what I could, sat on the Verandah one last time and finally fell asleep before 2am.

It was the quickest 3 nights of my life but I loved basically every moment of it!

Trip Tips:
~Ride the Aqua Duck at night!
~Your bags have to be out by the time they say or they will be left for you to take off!
~Don't forget to pack clothes for the final morning if you leave your bags!

~Bring a Sharpie Marker to fill out your luggage tags or pre-make labels to stick on them to save time!
UP Next:
Our Final Few Hours on the Dream

…..and a final surprise!!!! Shhhhhh if you already know the surprise ending!!!!!!!!

I love it! Kudos to your mom for being a good sport and running to change so you can ride the AD! I didn't know they made you double up at times. Good to know! I can't wait to hear the surprise!

I have not tried the Aquaduck at night! I guess that is now a must-do! It's probably because it so much colder in the early am and at night (at least for us).
So sad your cruise is over. I cannot imagine doing a cruise for just 3 nights, you'd have to pry me away from my stateroom. But I guess 3 nights is better than zero nights! LOL

I'm curious as to your surprise!?!? Waiting patiently...

I love it! Kudos to your mom for being a good sport and running to change so you can ride the AD! I didn't know they made you double up at times. Good to know! I can't wait to hear the surprise!

It was so much fun! I guess when it's super windy, they make you double up!

Really enjoying your report! I'm trying to work up enough motivation to try the 5k in August!

It will be super super hot but you can do it! I think as long as you finish in under an hour you are fine otherwise the CMs just leave I would assume. I would doubt they would walk the course to check and see if others are still walking.

I have not tried the Aquaduck at night! I guess that is now a must-do! It's probably because it so much colder in the early am and at night (at least for us).
So sad your cruise is over. I cannot imagine doing a cruise for just 3 nights, you'd have to pry me away from my stateroom. But I guess 3 nights is better than zero nights! LOL

I'm curious as to your surprise!?!? Waiting patiently...

I agree, the 3 night was rough knowing I had done a 4 night and I LOVED having a day at sea especially when we spent an entire day at Atlantis and at CC…the extra day was packed with must-do things. One day I'll do a 5 or 7 night hopefully! The surprise/end of the TR probably won't be until this weekend. I'm swamped with parent-teacher conferences this week and a field trip on Friday to the Science Center which I have to prep for, and visiting some family on Saturday for Easter. It's a good ending surprise though for sure!!!!!

Now It's Time To Say Goodbye!
(March 23, 2015)

We've come to the end of the cruise! We woke up super early. I was thankful that we were not in the early seating for breakfast!

Sad to see we were back!

Already cleaning for the next group of passengers!

The sun isn't even up yet..we shouldn't be either!

We crawled out of bed and got ready to leave our room and head to breakfast!

Mom saying Bye Bye!

We saw Carlos on the way out who said he has some birthday surprises for me and it was an extra set of the bath products. On both cruises I've taken on the Dream, we were never given refills of the bathroom products, unlike when you go to WDW! I was very thankful! I also asked him if we could sneak a look at an "ocean view" room and he let us! On our way out, we passed a mom and son who we met on day 1 a the M Drill and she had an inside room and let us see it! We were heading to breakfast and they didn't' even seemed packed and her son was still asleep! So after we did some stateroom stalking, we went to breakfast!

No Crush show…no time…

None of our table mates showed up for the breakfast so we got our food pretty quickly!

Mom and I had a TON of carry-on bags…or carry-off bags but I laughed at the sight of the hallway!

After one last stop at the fancy potty, we were on our way out!

We found our bags fairly easy. They don't allow pics anywhere in the customs area otherwise there would have been some! We did have a porter help with all of our stuff which was easy and helpful! We got through customs with ease and made it back to the car. The porter loaded the bags and we were off to WDW for a night…waving bye the Dream!!!!

*I'll have one more post wrapping up mom's surprise at WDW and pics of what we bought on the cruise with final thoughts…

*I thought I would share my birthday gifts though because it had a strong Disney theme for sure!

DCL Towels

runDisney headband

Alex and Ani Bands..(Yoda, I'm saving for the 5k next month!)

AND THE FINAL SURPRISE….THE BEST SURPRISE OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S RIGHT, ANOTHER CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom and I will be setting sail for a 4 night cruise next March!!! We looked into pricing for a 7 night RCCL but the size of ship didn't really "float her boat" and she would like to do a 4 night with a day at sea so we are booked and the countdown begins!!!!

I'm debating if I want to start a PTR this early or wait until summer…time will tell. It will be the longest wait for sure!!!!

Until next time!

OMG so exciting you booked your next cruise! I love that feeling that we have something to look forward to!!

Thanks for your trip report! Really fun to read! I have the same May the Force be with You alex and ani bracelet but in gold. It's really cool and I like how it's shiny!

Less than a year to go for you! Woohoo!

Yay! That's awesome that you booked another cruise! I'm hoping to do that next month! I love the Yoda Alex & Ani! I may have to pick that up for myself!
Thanks for sharing your cruise experience! I thoroughly enjoyed following along with you! I am definitely going to do a trip report after our trip next month myself! 10 more days for me!

Congrats on another cruise! I think you'll like the sea day. We are actually trying a 3 day next February. I'm worried I'll really miss the extra day.

Loving your trip report! Especially love your Trip tips. We are going on my third DCL cruise in October (DH's first), but it's been 14 years since my last one so I appreciate your tips!

I am enjoying your report! Congrats on deciding to complete the CC 5K! I am talking myself into it when we take our first DC May 2017.

OMG so exciting you booked your next cruise! I love that feeling that we have something to look forward to!!

Thanks for your trip report! Really fun to read! I have the same May the Force be with You alex and ani bracelet but in gold. It's really cool and I like how it's shiny!

Less than a year to go for you! Woohoo!

Thanks!! I'm very excited!!

Yay! That's awesome that you booked another cruise! I'm hoping to do that next month! I love the Yoda Alex & Ani! I may have to pick that up for myself!
Thanks for sharing your cruise experience! I thoroughly enjoyed following along with you! I am definitely going to do a trip report after our trip next month myself! 10 more days for me!

Please let me know when you post a TR link!!!

Congrats on another cruise! I think you'll like the sea day. We are actually trying a 3 day next February. I'm worried I'll really miss the extra day.

Thanks! My first cruise in 2013 was a 4 night on the Dream…I like the day at sea for sure, it gives you a chance to do activities on the ship! I doubt we will get off at Nassau next year, except to maybe do the shopping at the straw market but I would love to do Palo brunch that day too!

I am enjoying your report! Congrats on deciding to complete the CC 5K! I am talking myself into it when we take our first DC May 2017.

You have plenty of time to do it! The worst part was seeing everyone else get off with you and head right to the beach. I was under the impression they let the 5k'ers off the ship first as a head start but aside from that it was great!

Post Cruise!
(March 23, 2015)

Happy Easter!! Before the post, I thought I'd share the card I got for my brother and SIL:

After the cruise, mom and I were headed back to WDW for one final night! She was surprised that I surprised her with Wilderness Lodge but we were also staying Club Level! We checked in and of course the CM had issue with my MB..note to anyone who has more than 8, deactivate as many as possible to avoid issues! I suggested some advice to the frustrated CM and thankfully my suggestions worked…live and learn and then teach!

Our room was ready and we set our bags down and caught the tail end of breakfast. I really could have sworn I took more pics than what I had in iPhoto but we had a courtyard view room.

…pic upload failure!

After breakfast, my brother came over to see mom and to get his treasures we brought for him on the cruise. He didn't stay long, just long enough to get his presents and have a snack at the lounge with us. He was supposed to join us at Be Our Guest for lunch but declined so mom and I headed to BOG without him, ate, and went back to WL. After lunch, we decided to head to the pool. We found chairs easily…again, picture failure because I don't have ANY. The hot tubs were rumored to be open as they were closed but sadly they were not and we had to use the one at the Villa's pool. After the pool, we decided to head to Epcot to check out the flower and garden festival...

We didn't stay long because it was so hot! By the time we got back, it was time for the evening snack options which covered us for lunch between the hot items and the desserts later in the night. We did go to Roaring Forks QSR but I don't think we ended up getting anything since the lounge options were sufficient.

We weren't up too late but still had a relaxing night and watched the water pageant from our room!

The next day, it was time to say goodbye to Mom and our vacation! We had breakfast in the lounge before I drove her to the airport.

She checked her bag with online check-in outside and we made our way to the airport. I thought about going back to WL to take advantage of the lounge offerings since we had access until midnight but decided to just head home to unpack and rest up!

After I got home and settled, I took pics of everything I brought back with me!

Sadly, this shirt has a hole in it now!

Sadly, the pink one fell and broke!

And the best of all which was priceless from the gift ship (aka room)

And the photos I bought for myself…

All in all, I ended up bringing back a great assortment of cruise fun!

Up Next…
Final Thoughts and MAYBE a PTR Link!!

Stay Tuned!!

Totally loved it! Thanks so much for sharing! I need to get me some of those shirts…adorable! I'll come back and post my TR link when I get back. I should have done a pre-trip report but that kind of confuses me! HaHa!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter