March 15, 2015 MAGIC Cruise!! :)

Going to do one more grocery run tomorrow but told everyone the end of next week we will be cleaning out the refrigerator! !!

Question: I know bottled water is not included, and we always carry our thermos anywhere we go so we don't buy bottled water anyway, can we bring our thermos to the ship and fill them up with tap water or is that not allowed?

We are planning something big for St. Pats as my husband is Irish and its a tradition :) I hope we won't stand out too much with all flotsam and jetsam.

Both my husband and I have a bit of Irish too so we are planning for a green day, at least in some part. (Plus a few other surprises.) :-)

Is it just me or does everyone else try not to do much in terms of groceries pre-vacation :) DH and DD are complaining the Mother Hubbard's Fridge is getting bare but I don't want to load up prior to leaving hahahaha

I'm doing the same pretty much. The fridge is slowly emptying.

I'm sorry that so many of you are still battling the snow. We have gone from winter (sleet/snow/freezing rain) to spring (today is 74) in a matter of days. It's playing havoc with my sinuses, and we're supposed to have freezing rain again tomorrow night from what I hear. I can't wait for the warm ocean breezes and sunshine!

Has anyone booked Scuba through Cozumel Cruise Excursions in the past or for this cruise? I'm thinking about using them, but I'm not sure on going with the Discover or 1 tank dive.

Question: I know bottled water is not included, and we always carry our thermos anywhere we go so we don't buy bottled water anyway, can we bring our thermos to the ship and fill them up with tap water or is that not allowed?

There are drink stations by the pool that have filtered water (the same as at the tap in your stateroom). You are welcome to bring your thermos and fill it up. However, there are cups by the drink stations and it is strongly encouraged that you use those cups to fill up your thermos instead of putting it directly under the tap at the drink station. What you do to fill up the thermos in your room is up to you.

I'm doing the same pretty much. The fridge is slowly emptying.

We're doing the opposite. We have people staying at our house while we're gone so we'll be stocking up the fridge with goodies for them. In fact, the fridge will probably be better stocked for them than it usually is for us! :joker:

There are drink stations by the pool that have filtered water (the same as at the tap in your stateroom). You are welcome to bring your thermos and fill it up. However, there are cups by the drink stations and it is strongly encouraged that you use those cups to fill up your thermos instead of putting it directly under the tap at the drink station. What you do to fill up the thermos in your room is up to you.

Got it, thank you!

Has anyone booked Scuba through Cozumel Cruise Excursions in the past or for this cruise? I'm thinking about using them, but I'm not sure on going with the Discover or 1 tank dive.

We are signed up right now, but we are considering going with another company on our own. My daughter and I are still newbies, and we weren't sure about diving the wall just yet. We might do some shore dives instead.

I am glad there will be girls their age on board. Are any of you have later dinner? So I guess I should make sure my daughter goes to the Vibe the first night to hopefully meet up with people her age. Since she is an only child it is sometimes hard but maybe if she knows that there will be girls her age she will go the first night. Great talking to you all! I am sure you are all excited to escape the winter. I can't complain...we have only had 29 degrees twice. What have your kids done on the Casaway Cay?
Becky
We have late dinner. Last time on Castaway, Hannah stayed with the teen group. They played Volleyball and just hung out. She did come eat lunch with us. She didn't do the teen excursion.

Hey everybody, we just decided to go on this cruise/booked last week, it will be our first Disney cruise (and first cruise ever)! We're super excited, our kids are 7 and 3, my 7 year old daughter is counting the days (and so am I). We'll be in stateroom 7036. Booked our Palo brunch, got our Pirate costumes, working on our door decorations, finished online check in and kids registrations. Now I'm reading about the ports and activities to decide what's worth doing, if you have any advice let me know. We've been to Cozumel and Key West before, but never been to Grand Cayman. We love beach hopping and I'm seriously considering doing that when we get to that port. I know our Pirate Party is the day we stop in Cozumel, do you know when is the formal night/semi-formal? I've read conflicting information about that. We live in Austin, Texas and love to travel, so it was about time we tried a cruise. I'm just hoping nobody gets sea sick (we usually don't, in smaller boats)!
Luciana, we are coming from Austin and first time cruisers also! I just got my room, 6136 and my DD is 6. For Key West I booked the sail and snorkel. I looked at recommendations from Tripadvisor and Viator, there are too many choices! I'd love to know more about formal nights too. I'm pressuring DH to bring a jacket, after all.

We are signed up right now, but we are considering going with another company on our own. My daughter and I are still newbies, and we weren't sure about diving the wall just yet. We might do some shore dives instead.
Which company are you guys looking at? Neither one of us is certified and Cozumel Cruise Excursions has three scuba options (discovery, one tank, and two tanks); but none of them specify that previous certification is needed. When I was a teenage I went on a diving trip while in Mexico and so I'm not overly concerned about the lack of a requirement for certification; but I'd prefer to know that the company is on the up-and-up.

Luciana, we are coming from Austin and first time cruisers also! I just got my room, 6136 and my DD is 6. For Key West I booked the sail and snorkel. I looked at recommendations from Tripadvisor and Viator, there are too many choices! I'd love to know more about formal nights too. I'm pressuring DH to bring a jacket, after all.

Hey Kumi, that's great, our DDs are almost the same age, we'll have to connect on board :-) I'm definitely telling DH to bring his suit for formal night. He will make a face, though ;-)

Welcome to the last minute bookers! I would love to do that someday, but I have to submit vacation time a year in advance! Good news though, I have next March break off! Many of us have had this cruise booked a year or more ago, and the time has really dragged! Now it's speeding up, and my to do list is very active!
I LOVE Cleaning out the fridge! Every time I'm sick of leftovers, or it's not what I want, I just keep thinking that in just over a week we will be pampered like only Disney can!
Looking forward to meeting all of you!

We have late dinner. Last time on Castaway, Hannah stayed with the teen group. They played Volleyball and just hung out. She did come eat lunch with us. She didn't do the teen excursion.

Thanks for the information. Starting to get excited for getting away. I bet you are all excited to escape winter!
Becky

I am hoping Hannah, Hilary, Alex and Hailey all meet up at the beginning of the cruise! Safe flying for all of you to FL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter