March 10, 2013 - 4 day Dream Getaway!!

We purposely skipped an early screening so we could see it on the ship. Hopefully they will show it in the main theater.

Called DCL today to get movie list for our cruise. She was talking fast but heard these.

Avengers
Brave
Finding Nemo
Frankenweenie
Lincoln
OZ The Great and Powerful :cheer2:

So excited for our first ever cruise! We are leaving the DFW area Friday. DD (14) and DS (9) are hoping to meet some "new friends".

In regards to the cream rinse/conditioner for your hair, it is still crappy, we were at Disney in Dec and if they use they same products at the resorts on the ship its not the greatest. I feel your pain with course hair. I would bring your own. I know it's a pain but at least you know you will not look like a crazy person. :) Two days to go fellow cruisin buddies. I am beside myself, cannot wait. My youngest keeps waking up every morning even though he knows he has school and say's "we leave today". So they are very excited as well. Safe travels to all that are driving and flying. We only have a short drive across the state to Port Canvaril. hehe.

We just arrived!! On Magical Express now heading to BLT. See all you fellow cruisers soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are headed down. Left Iowa yesterday morning. Will be in Savannah GA tonight, Cocoa Beach tomorrow. DW, DA, DD, MIL ,FIL and I are all really looking forest to this. Glad to get away from the snow. FE'a all packed and ready to pass out. Wonder if I will be passing them out with the DW, or if I will be able yo drag DD and DS away from their activities to help me pass em out.
Our port check in is at noon, MIL and FIL is at 3... Wonder if they will let them check in and board early.

Just got back this, from our first Disney Dream cruise. And it was amazing! We were in 5650 which was one of those extended veranda rooms at the end of the hall beside the Oceaneer lab exit. It was very quiet and the veranda was nice, but we just wished we had more sun on that side of the ship. Regardless, that cool northern wind made it tough to sit there for an extended periods. But I did have a nap out there one afternoon and we played a few card games with the 4 chairs and table that were out there.

While 5650 was good and quite. There was little foot traffic and so no one saw our FE. Yes we were late to the official DIS FE list, but we thought someone were see it and drop off something. So we ended up delivering some stuff to period who had their doors decorated on our floor and buying a couple of things to "surprise" the kids. In reality, I thought more people would have had a FE and decorated doors. As my DDs loved looking at that stuff. Regardless it was still fun to see when doing the detective cases.

Overall the service & food, which was in abundance, was great. Can't say enough positive things about the Oceaneer Clubs and its staff! With this being out first Disney Cruise, we weren't sure what to expect when it came to club. But we now know its ok to do more adult stuff and book Palo the next time. As the kids will be well taken care off at the clubs plus they will be feed "kid approved" food. Stuck as cheese sandwiches with no crust, pizza and vegs.

As with any Disney trip, you learn what to do and not to do the next time. So we now have a better game plan for our April 2014 trip which is only 13 months to go! :banana:

This was our first ever Disney cruise. OMG it was so awesome (as DD likes to say)!!

The FE was a lot of fun, you guys are just sooo very creative - way more than us ;-) !! We got some great ideas for next time. Yes, we booked our next one on board - May 2014 for DD's 10th and she does not know.

Thanks to all for making us discover FEs.

Thank you all for the fabulous and creative gifts. (Best I've seen!!!).

Had a wonderful cruise! Doing laundry now. Blah!!!

Thanks again all!!

Gina

GGKoul said:
Just got back this, from our first Disney Dream cruise. And it was amazing! We were in 5650 which was one of those extended veranda rooms at the end of the hall beside the Oceaneer lab exit. It was very quiet and the veranda was nice, but we just wished we had more sun on that side of the ship. Regardless, that cool northern wind made it tough to sit there for an extended periods. But I did have a nap out there one afternoon and we played a few card games with the 4 chairs and table that were out there.

While 5650 was good and quite. There was little foot traffic and so no one saw our FE. Yes we were late to the official DIS FE list, but we thought someone were see it and drop off something. So we ended up delivering some stuff to period who had their doors decorated on our floor and buying a couple of things to "surprise" the kids. In reality, I thought more people would have had a FE and decorated doors. As my DDs loved looking at that stuff. Regardless it was still fun to see when doing the detective cases.

Overall the service & food, which was in abundance, was great. Can't say enough positive things about the Oceaneer Clubs and its staff! With this being out first Disney Cruise, we weren't sure what to expect when it came to club. But we now know its ok to do more adult stuff and book Palo the next time. As the kids will be well taken care off at the clubs plus they will be feed "kid approved" food. Stuck as cheese sandwiches with no crust, pizza and vegs.

As with any Disney trip, you learn what to do and not to do the next time. So we now have a better game plan for our April 2014 trip which is only 13 months to go! :banana:

Hey there

I'm sorry you were too late to join the FE, hopefully you will get to join your next one. Just so you know tho, typically people bring only the needed amount of fe's. they take up a lot of room so one usually doesn't bring extras. Also there was no way of knowing where your stateroom was even if we did have extras. Kinda looking for a needle in a haystack. Our group only had staterooms on decks 6 and higher so you wouldn't have seen any traffic on deck 5 anyway. I was on deck 6 and there were lots of decorated doors.

Anyhow, just wanted to clear that up. Make sure you get in on the action early for your next cruise. The FE was and is so amazing.

Glad you had a great cruise.

I'm just home from the cruise as well. We had a really amazing time. I'm vegan (as is the friend I traveled with) and on my last cruise, my family had a really hard time getting food. Our server was very unhelpful. I wrote a letter to DCL at the time, and another one just before we left.

Well, we were thrilled by the response. Our server knew who we were immediately, made a point of letting us know about all the vegan options, the chef made us special meals, etc. We had lots of food and all of it was delicious. Such a change from the first trip!! I will be writing to thank them.

We had the "sun saver" package at the spa - a great experience. So peaceful and relaxing, and the view from the spa rooms is impressive.

Anyway, it was a great cruise. I didn't meet anyone from the list but we certainly had a lovely time.

TP

We all loved our first cruise, it was perfect. You all did a great job on the creative FE gifts. Love them all! I want to plan another cruise for 2015 but will have to wait till the dates are showing on the website. :)

Thanks to everyone for the Fish Extender gifts - we constantly were amazed by everyone's creativity and thoughtfulness. It was always a great surprise to come back to the cabin and see what was inside.

Hope everyone had a good trip and made it back safely.

Kurt and Marlea H.

Same here, we enjoyed so much looking down the long hallway to see items in our FE. It was so much fun! Looking to cruise again in 2 years.

Thanks to everyone for the Fish Extender gifts - we constantly were amazed by everyone's creativity and thoughtfulness. It was always a great surprise to come back to the cabin and see what was inside.

Hope everyone had a good trip and made it back safely.

Kurt and Marlea H.

My sentiments as well, we felt that was one of the highlights of our trip. AND so well done. As I sit here noshing on my candy from my FE goodie stash :thumbsup2 It was our first Disney Cruise and except for my nauseau and dizzyness :sad1: it was honestly one of the nicest vacations I've ever been on.

If it were on land, I'd do it again in a heartbeat :rotfl2:

What a wonderful time we had. Was such a great time, we booked two more cruises before we got off ship. One for 2014 and one for 2015.
I have to agree with all of the great comments on the FE. We were excited every time we walked back to our stateroom to see what the DISBoards fairies had left for us
Thanks all for the gifts and the memories, you helped make our first cruise very 'magical'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter