March 10, 2013 - 4 day Dream Getaway!!

It is up to you how you want to do it, so you could do one per stateroom if you choose. The list is on the first page, I think we have 15-16 staterooms. Around that number. If you decide to do it, I will add you and have you send me your email address with your stateroom number privately. I don't want to advertise everyone's names, ages and stateroom numbers on the boards, just doesn't seem safe to me. It is so much fun. My kidlets love coming back to the room and checking if we have "mail". Its so neat to get treats and gifts from all over (of course with this cruise it will be alot of Canadians, lol). I promise I won't do anything Canadian.:goodvibes:rotfl:

I love the amazing race theme, what fun!!!

OK, count us in! Sounds fun. We don't have our stateroom number yet, GTY status.

OK, count us in! Sounds fun. We don't have our stateroom number yet, GTY status.

I have added you to the list. Just pm me your stateroom number when you have it.

Actually I will pm you my email and you can send me your info via email. You need at least 10 posts to send pm's.

Thanks
Gina

Our family would like to get in on the FE. I've been reading about it and was led here to get on the list. Help, how do we get put on participation list?

Our family would like to get in on the FE. I've been reading about it and was led here to get on the list. Help, how do we get put on participation list?

Welcome to the DISboards and to this cruise meet. Is this your first cruise? I am taking care of the FE list. I have a ongoing list on our first page. Our cut off date is Feb. 1st. You need to let me know who is in your stateroom and then I will also need your stateroom number. This will not be posted online for safety and privacy reasons, I will send everyone the completed list either by email or through private messaging:goodvibes

Welcome to the DISboards and to this cruise meet. Is this your first cruise? I am taking care of the FE list. I have a ongoing list on our first page. Our cut off date is Feb. 1st. You need to let me know who is in your stateroom and then I will also need your stateroom number. This will not be posted online for safety and privacy reasons, I will send everyone the completed list either by email or through private messaging:goodvibes

This is Alli thank you for your help and getting the FE organized. This is our families 3rd cruise, first time on Dream. We are sailing with two other families who are first time cruisers which makes it very exciting. This will be our first time participating in FE, excited to add something new. We would like to get put on FE list: Mike and Alli, Tali(16), Myles(11) also would like to add John and Jae, Noble(16). If the third family decides to participate I'll let you know by deadline. Thanks,
Alli

Alli Rae said:
This is Alli thank you for your help and getting the FE organized. This is our families 3rd cruise, first time on Dream. We are sailing with two other families who are first time cruisers which makes it very exciting. This will be our first time participating in FE, excited to add something new. We would like to get put on FE list: Mike and Alli, Tali(16), Myles(11) also would like to add John and Jae, Noble(16). If the third family decides to participate I'll let you know by deadline. Thanks,
Alli

I have added you to the List on the first page. Let me know if your other friends would like to join and I will add them :).

Thank you, I enjoy the FE so I don not mind organizing it at all

It will be so much fun for you cruising with your friends. It will be like its all new again seeing their excitement!!!

Hi Everyone!! I am soo excited! This will be me and my son's first Disney and Cruise trip!! :banana: William is turning 4 and so decided to Disney it up! We are doing 3 days at WDW and then the cruise!

I am a little nervous, because I have never vacated alone with my son. I am not so worried that he will not find friends, especially on the cruise, but I just worry a little because he does not have a friend or sibling to go with. I am probably more worried about me and feeling like an outsider with all the family units, but I have seen some other single parents that have done it after reading a little through some Disney Cruise Discussions! I just found this site and it is great, what a great idea!!

If anyone has any single parent crusing advice, that would be great!!! Also I keep seeing "FE", what is that?

Thanks!!!:hippie:

Kelly
:earsgirl::earsboy:

Hi Everyone!! I am soo excited! This will be me and my son's first Disney and Cruise trip!! :banana: William is turning 4 and so decided to Disney it up! We are doing 3 days at WDW and then the cruise!

I am a little nervous, because I have never vacated alone with my son. I am not so worried that he will not find friends, especially on the cruise, but I just worry a little because he does not have a friend or sibling to go with. I am probably more worried about me and feeling like an outsider with all the family units, but I have seen some other single parents that have done it after reading a little through some Disney Cruise Discussions! I just found this site and it is great, what a great idea!!

If anyone has any single parent crusing advice, that would be great!!! Also I keep seeing "FE", what is that?

Kelly

:wave: Welcome Kelly!

What a GREAT adventure you and your son will have to share!

Although I am not a single parent year round- I am when it comes to some things that my daughter and I like to do but not my DH...like cities or Disney.

My DD will be turning 16 on the cruise but I've been doing solo trips with her since she was 6. After you get on the ship- you can take William to check out the Kid's Club so you both can see it. Lots of kids LOVE the 'Kids Clubs' on the cruise so your son will probably have a blast there and will make friends with others his own age. No 'bring along friend needed'. While he is at the club, you'll get a bit of alone time for YOU to enjoy a lounge chair on the deck, swim in the adult pool or just enjoy the ship from an adult perspective.

This will be our third cruise. At dinner, we've always been seated at a larger table with another party- one year it was an older couple and another we were seated with a larger multi-generational family group of 6. Everybody was really friendly and over dinner, we had fun sharing what we had done during the day.

I've found everybody to be really friendly on the cruise and never thought once that I was a solo parent with one child rather than being with a larger family.

As for 'FE' it stands for Fish Extender- a funny name for something that You bring to hang from your room number sign (which was a fish on the Magic and Wonder ships) and people on your cruise who have signed up to participate deliver a little gift to the FE at some point over the cruise. If you search the forum for Fish Extender you might find more info. The gifts might be homemade- one for family or one per person- or they could be themed from where the person if from. Kind of like a 'Secret Santa' thing. It is fun coming back to your room and having a little surprise waiting for you.

Wow- lots of info- hope that helps! Happy planning!

Liz

Thank you for all the information. I think I feel more at ease about it. I don't think I am too nervous about it. Just alot going on, a little overwhelming.

Planning a Disney Vacation is like no other! Lots of prep work involved! Scared I am going to overlook something. I will see what the FE is all about and search the thread some more. :sail:

:wave: Welcome Kelly!

What a GREAT adventure you and your son will have to share!

Although I am not a single parent year round- I am when it comes to some things that my daughter and I like to do but not my DH...like cities or Disney.

My DD will be turning 16 on the cruise but I've been doing solo trips with her since she was 6. After you get on the ship- you can take William to check out the Kid's Club so you both can see it. Lots of kids LOVE the 'Kids Clubs' on the cruise so your son will probably have a blast there and will make friends with others his own age. No 'bring along friend needed'. While he is at the club, you'll get a bit of alone time for YOU to enjoy a lounge chair on the deck, swim in the adult pool or just enjoy the ship from an adult perspective.

This will be our third cruise. At dinner, we've always been seated at a larger table with another party- one year it was an older couple and another we were seated with a larger multi-generational family group of 6. Everybody was really friendly and over dinner, we had fun sharing what we had done during the day.

I've found everybody to be really friendly on the cruise and never thought once that I was a solo parent with one child rather than being with a larger family.

As for 'FE' it stands for Fish Extender- a funny name for something that You bring to hang from your room number sign (which was a fish on the Magic and Wonder ships) and people on your cruise who have signed up to participate deliver a little gift to the FE at some point over the cruise. If you search the forum for Fish Extender you might find more info. The gifts might be homemade- one for family or one per person- or they could be themed from where the person if from. Kind of like a 'Secret Santa' thing. It is fun coming back to your room and having a little surprise waiting for you.

Wow- lots of info- hope that helps! Happy planning!

Liz

Thank you for all the information. I think I feel more at ease about it. I don't think I am too nervous about it. Just alot going on, a little overwhelming.

Planning a Disney Vacation is like no other! Lots of prep work involved! Scared I am going to overlook something. I will see what the FE is all about and search the thread some more. :sail:

You said it about Disney Vacation planning!! It IS kind of nutty but I kind of like that you can do a bunch of prep work in the months leading to the vacation then when you arrive- everything is ready to go for you to relax and enjoy your vacation. Especially if you are staying on Disney property - it is so nice to just get on a Disney bus in the morning and presto you are taken to a park to enjoy it then if you have lunch or dinner already planned- show up and be fed! Hahahahahaha! Hang in there!

The FE thing IS fun BUT it does add one more thing to do so don't worry if you feel it isn't for you this time.

I was going to make our FE, went to Hobby Lobby and purchased some Disney material, got home and just looked at it. :confused3 What was I thinking :scared: I can't sew. So I decided to order one on Etsy website. Placed my order the other day for a Pirate Theme FE with our names on each pocket, and Bahamas Cruise 2013 at the top. Cant wait to see it in person. :hourglass Booked our hotel for the night before in Cocoa Beach. Now to start a packing pile on dining room table.

Kelly

Welcome!!
:cheer2::cheer2::dance3:

You will love it, the two of you will make such wonderful memories, so much to do. As for the FE, Liz desribed it perfectly, let me know if you want to join and I will add you to the list.

I was going to make our FE, went to Hobby Lobby and purchased some Disney material, got home and just looked at it. :confused3 What was I thinking :scared: I can't sew. So I decided to order one on Etsy website. Placed my order the other day for a Pirate Theme FE with our names on each pocket, and Bahamas Cruise 2013 at the top. Cant wait to see it in person. :hourglass Booked our hotel for the night before in Cocoa Beach. Now to start a packing pile on dining room table.

Gotta love Etsy!! Love to see a pic of it. It gets so exciting when you start booking and making that packing pile...which reminds me I need to start that. It is so cold right now, the only thing getting me through the winter is the thought of CC!!!

So the FE will be up to us in what we want to do? There will not be certain days or how many per family? I just want to make sure because I am starting ,well I have been collecting things for the gifts.

leslie l said:
So the FE will be up to us in what we want to do? There will not be certain days or how many per family? I just want to make sure because I am starting ,well I have been collecting things for the gifts.

I have done it both ways, organized days and when you want. I personally would prefer to do it on my own. Especially because we only have 4 days. How do others in the group feel. I will go with majority. As for the gift that is totally up to you. I can't wait!!!!

I have done it both ways, organized days and when you want. I personally would prefer to do it on my own. Especially because we only have 4 days. How do others in the group feel. I will go with majority. As for the gift that is totally up to you. I can't wait!!!!

I'm for the 'less structured' approach to the FE. We'll all have our different schedules based on our own family patterns and excursions etc that I think we should just deliver our gifts when we choose to do so. As for the actual gift- agree with Gina- what ever approach you want to take. I think it really depends on what you are choosing to do. Both my daughter and I like the variety- some times finding a gift just for each of us and sometimes it is a really cool family gift.

I'm getting more excited as the days pass as well!

Liz

This is my first post and I am brand new to the whole Disney cruising scene. We will be on this cruise and are looking for a FE group to join. It will be myself and my husband as well as our two kids, my sil and her husband and two kids, and my in-laws. We are super excited and a little overwhelmed!

Welcome! what are the ages of your kids? my DD 12 and DS 19 at time of cruise. DD is for Disney Daughter and DS is for Disney Son.

They will have a blast. This is our first cruise and I am so... excited, I started packing already. Watched the Dream on the Port Canaveral Webcam yesterday at 5:00pm, it was sailing down the channel at Port Canaveral, the webcam was zooming in. That was super exciting to see. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter