March 10, 2013 - 4 day Dream Getaway!!

Hey All,

Been busy here. My ds had his confirmation and now we are planning his grade 8 grad. My dd was involved in the school play and is in competitive dance so there is that too. Not to mention just day to day life!!:goodvibes

Thanks Liz for keeping up on housekeeping here. :thumbsup2 I will add the names to our ever growing list :banana:

We booking a verandah this cruise but we usually book the SPH room but we went all out this time.

The cruise will be the ending to our vacation, we are renting a villa for a week and a half prior to the cruise so we will definately not miss the boat. As for flying, I get so worried too, we usually fly out of Buffalo as it is so much cheaper that Toronto but this time we are driving down, bring my mom and our dog too. He will be staying at the Best Friends Pet Care Center on Disney Property when we are cruising. We got him a deluxe suite, so he can have a mini vacation lol

Gina

So, we are planning for the March 2013 4 day cruise on the Dream also. I haven't booked yet, but will be in about two weeks. Trying to decide between a veranda and an inside stateroom...

At the time of cruise, it will be:
Me- 38
Hubby - 42
DS - 14
DD - 4

How do we get involved in the cruise meet and fish extenders? Or do we need to wait until we book in a few weeks so we know our room category, etc?

Also, is this thread for the cruise meet? Or are there other threads I haven't found for the FE and cruise meet sign ups?

Thanks for any help.:)

I added you to the FE list, located in the 1st page. I can add your names if you would like. Just let me know, I will update.

Gina

Hello, hope everyone is doing well, have not been on in ages. Busy, busy, kids are finishing up school, etc. Cannot wait for this, glad to see more joined the FE, Gina my daughter also dances and competes also, and we just finished that up. Love to watch her but glad it's over. Hope everyone has a good summer.

Hello peeps, haven't been on in a while....been busy with school. :teacher: Well, we are 9 months away from our cruise. :banana: Can't wait to see the Dream again.

We are also from Canada <3 Near Windsor. Travelling on our 3rd Disney cruise. Cannot wait.

Yes! We sure do have a high Canadian Content on this cruise lol Go Canada!

Hello, hope everyone is doing well, have not been on in ages. Busy, busy, kids are finishing up school, etc. Cannot wait for this, glad to see more joined the FE, Gina my daughter also dances and competes also, and we just finished that up. Love to watch her but glad it's over. Hope everyone has a good summer.

My daughters final recital is on Saturaday. I agree, I love watching her but wow, what a lot of work! (and $$) :)

Hello peeps, haven't been on in a while....been busy with school. :teacher: Well, we are 9 months away from our cruise. :banana: Can't wait to see the Dream again.

9 months!! Wow, can't wait!!

Just booked this for March Break. This will be our 4th cruise, 3rd for Disney, 1st on the Dream. It will be me and my hubby and our 2 children. Jacob (14 at sailing) and Jenna (11 at sailing). My mom (ariella46) will also be sailing with us. We live in Toronto, Canada.

:cool1:

Let the countdown begin!! Can't wait for people to "come on board" so we can start planning. :banana:

Gina:)

Yeah!!! This is our first cruise and we are SUPER STOKED!!

It will be me, my husband, our 14 year old son, my SIL and her hubs, my BIL, mother in law, and mom.

Ok...someone fill the first timer in on what the "FE" list is....and if it includes having fun, well sign me up!!

Our party:

Mike (40ish)
Leslie (that's me! 39)
Dylan (14 almost 15 at cruise time)
Aubriann (my fab sis in law, 30)
Matt (Aub's hilarious husband, 26)
Jason (my bro in law 29)
Cathy and Judy...aka "The Moms" (60ish).

I am so super excited for this cruise....my first ever and so glad we get to do it on the Dream!!!
Cannot wait!!!

Yeah!!! This is our first cruise and we are SUPER STOKED!!

It will be me, my husband, our 14 year old son, my SIL and her hubs, my BIL, mother in law, and mom.

Ok...someone fill the first timer in on what the "FE" list is....and if it includes having fun, well sign me up!!

Our party:

Mike (40ish)
Leslie (that's me! 39)
Dylan (14 almost 15 at cruise time)
Aubriann (my fab sis in law, 30)
Matt (Aub's hilarious husband, 26)
Jason (my bro in law 29)
Cathy and Judy...aka "The Moms" (60ish).

I am so super excited for this cruise....my first ever and so glad we get to do it on the Dream!!!
Cannot wait!!!

:welcome:

Well you have picked the right cruiseline for sure!! and you have come to the right place for all things Disney!!!

FE are Fish Extenders, the name came from the Fish mail holders that are outside your stateroom on the magic and wonder. The have holders on the Dream and Fantasy but I think in different shapes. The idea is to make a FE, which is something you buy on ebay or make yourself. They are usually fabric and can hold all your goodies that are being delivered. Once you sign up, you decide what you will give out, a trinket from your home state or country, disney themed gifts like balls, pencils etc. Homemade gifts are always a favourite. After the list of complete, everyone gets a copy of who is participating and then you deliver to their staterooms and wait for your mail too. My kids love going back to the room to see what is in the FE!! There are tons of threads about the art of the FE on here so just do a search to learn more. So are ya in?!

Gina:goodvibes

:welcome:

Well you have picked the right cruiseline for sure!! and you have come to the right place for all things Disney!!!

FE are Fish Extenders, the name came from the Fish mail holders that are outside your stateroom on the magic and wonder. The have holders on the Dream and Fantasy but I think in different shapes. The idea is to make a FE, which is something you buy on ebay or make yourself. They are usually fabric and can hold all your goodies that are being delivered. Once you sign up, you decide what you will give out, a trinket from your home state or country, disney themed gifts like balls, pencils etc. Homemade gifts are always a favourite. After the list of complete, everyone gets a copy of who is participating and then you deliver to their staterooms and wait for your mail too. My kids love going back to the room to see what is in the FE!! There are tons of threads about the art of the FE on here so just do a search to learn more. So are ya in?!

Gina:goodvibes

SUPER cool! YES.....count me in!! Probably just our cabin (me, Mike and Dylan). I'll let ya know about the others!

We just got off a five night CC double dip and booked this cruise on board! This will be our third DCL cruise and our third time on the Dream. We got a great deal and are so excited to be going back! We are very sad that there are no 5 night cruises next year though--we had a fantastic time!!!!!

It's just DH and me!

We just got off a five night CC double dip and booked this cruise on board! This will be our third DCL cruise and our third time on the Dream. We got a great deal and are so excited to be going back! We are very sad that there are no 5 night cruises next year though--we had a fantastic time!!!!!

It's just DH and me!

YAY!!! More peeps for our group!! :cheer2:

My daughter (who will have her 16th birthday on this cruise) and I really wanted a 5 night double dip too so I agree it was a bummer when we first found out there weren't any. We got over it quickly 'cuz a 4 night is better than no nighter!

We're a quiet group at the moment but I hope we'll have a few more people join us as we get into the fall.

Hope summer is going well for everybody- stay cool!!! :beach:

Liz

YAY!!! More peeps for our group!! :cheer2:

My daughter (who will have her 16th birthday on this cruise) and I really wanted a 5 night double dip too so I agree it was a bummer when we first found out there weren't any. We got over it quickly 'cuz a 4 night is better than no nighter!

We're a quiet group at the moment but I hope we'll have a few more people join us as we get into the fall.

Hope summer is going well for everybody- stay cool!!! :beach:

Liz

I didn't know about the cruise meets the first time we went last year, so I never joined. I did however join the group for the cruise we just took. It was a quiet group too, although we did move over to FB and we had 55 people on the list.

I am a teacher and my husband is a software engineer guy. There's more to his job, I know, but that's all I can really understand myself.

We live in the Dallas area. No kids, but one cat.

I didn't know about the cruise meets the first time we went last year, so I never joined. I did however join the group for the cruise we just took. It was a quiet group too, although we did move over to FB and we had 55 people on the list.

I am a teacher and my husband is a software engineer guy. There's more to his job, I know, but that's all I can really understand myself.

We live in the Dallas area. No kids, but one cat.

WELCOME!!!:goodvibes

My first cruise meet was so busy we had chapters to our threads!!! So yes this is very quiet. I'm sure everyone is enjoying there summer. We did the NYC weekend to no where, just the two of us and it was Fabulous!!! and we just got back from WDW, and the weather was hot and sticky. We stayed at Fort Wilderness in a trailer and it was such fun. We rented a golf cart and booted around. The place is huge!!!

So looking forward to our March cruise, first for us on the dream. We love the Magic tho and I have heard that the Dream is just so big.

Did you want me to add you to our FE list?

Gina

Hi me and my friend will be going on the cruise for spring break! Disney is the only Cruise Line that lets college students sail on their own so me (Cameron)(19) and my friend Megan (19) will be going!

duckman17 said:
Hi me and my friend will be going on the cruise for spring break! Disney is the only Cruise Line that lets college students sail on their own so me (Cameron)(19) and my friend Megan (19) will be going!

Welcome!!!!!!!!

I didn't know that other cruiselines won't allow that. Interesting. Well have fun and welcome to
Our thread!!!!

Let me know if you are interested in joining our FE. :)

Hi Crusin' Peeps! :wave2:

This was my week to feel like our cruise wasn't too far away...although I know it really is.

It has been 'Florida hot' here in NH this week with temps in the 90s and a fair amount of humidity. I don't mind it and it helps me remember exactly what Florida 90 degrees feels like so I've been making mental notes on what summer stuff I need to pack.

In addition to the hot- Southwest Air opened up their ticket window through March 8th so I was able to get a decent fare for our flight down. :cool1: Now I just have to be patient for the next set of dates so I can book our return but at least I have tickets to get us there!! :yay:

I hope everybody has been having a great summer. Great to see a few more peeps find our group.

Gina- glad you had fun with your Ft. Wilderness experience- what a blast to rent a golf cart!!

Keep having fun everybody!

Liz

Hello everyone!

March 10th will be our first ever cruise :cool1:

I am so happy to have found this group!! More people to share our excitement with!! It will be myself Gina, DH Brian, DS Athan (15), DD Kyra (11) also our wonderful friends Natalie, Jason and their two daughters as well! We are all from Ottawa.

Bye for now!!

Hello everyone!

March 10th will be our first ever cruise :cool1:

I am so happy to have found this group!! More people to share our excitement with!! It will be myself Gina, DH Brian, DS Athan (15), DD Kyra (11) also our wonderful friends Natalie, Jason and their two daughters as well! We are all from Ottawa.

Bye for now!!

YAY! Our little group is steadily growing! :cool1:

Welcome Gina from Ottawa! We have one other Gina from Canada too! What ages are your friend's girls? There is at least one other boy around 15 and a few girls around age 11 as part of our group. When my daughter and I last cruised, she was almost 14 and had a great time e-mailing with some of the other girls in our group before the cruise started. They got to know each other a bit before the cruise then had fun hanging out in the Kid's Clubs with them during the cruise.

This is our third cruise so I'm happy to answer questions for you or anybody. Gina from Toronto is a veteran cruiser and probably has some great timps for all of us.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter