• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

All this beer talk that I can legally partake in, but choose to avoid. Gotta hydrate with high quality beverage choices like Diet Mountain Dew. (Don’t judge me :guilty:)

No judgements here. My husband drinks a fair amount of the stuff!

Struggle was real today at Epcot. We rope dropped and it didn’t seem too bad early. My nephew and I were on Test Track and my niece, mother and sister were on FEA in under 15 minutes to start. By 10 AM it was a madhouse and we abandoned a Spaceship Earth FP+ because the Fastpass line was over a 30-minute wait. If we were a little more interested in the ride we would have waited, but we’ve done it enough that it was a quick “nah.” We left at 3 despite nice weather because it wasn’t even fun walking around anymore. We had a good time while we were there and because we had a plan we got a good deal done, but it was not a banner park day.

I hadn't seen this till looking through the goodie bag about the Interactive Zone (sorry if posted and I missed it, just thought it was interesting)

RunDisney Interactive Zone - Interactive Schedule of Events:
Thursday, 1/4
11:00 AM
11:30 AM
12:00 PM
12:30 PM
1:00 PM
1:30 PM
Yoga for Runners
Foam Rolling hosted by Florida Hospital
Yoga for Runners
Dynamic Stretching hosted by Florida Hospital
Yoga for Runners
Recovery: Ice & Compression powered by CoolCore
Friday, 1/4
Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
Saturday, 1/6
Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners
Yoga for Runners

Descriptions:
Yoga for Runners
- Take part in this low impact Yoga class to learn poses to help you in your post-race recovery, focusing on easing soreness in key muscles, reducing pain & inflammation, and gradually increasing flexibility and energy in the hours and days after your race.
Dynamic Stretching - Join a Florida Hospital physical therapist to learn the importance of dynamic stretching before your run and proper techniques. Dynamic stretching not only helps loosen and stretch your muscles, but also your joints! It has a dual purpose of making you more limber while also activating major muscle groups. Dynamic stretching also helps to slowly raise your heart rate to warm you up before you run.
Foam Rolling - Join a Florida Hospital physical therapist to learn foam rolling techniques for your pre-run warm up and post-run cool down! Foam rolling helps reduce soreness and tightness by lengthening your muscles and increasing blood flow and flexibility.
Recovery on the Go: Ice and Compression - Ice therapy and compression can be the defining factor in performance and recovery. Learn how to use Dr. Cool wraps to go that extra mile.

I use the cool wraps after all of my runs no matter the length. Work great

Two weeks after the Berlin Marathon I got an Achilles injury. Nursing it to health has been tough and I am scheduled to run the marathon next Sunday. This could be my first DNF and I have absolutely no idea where the bus takes the non finishers. My group bought race retreat and if I get on the DNF bus due to injury, can I still enter race retreat. Any help will be appreciated.

Two weeks after the Berlin Marathon I got an Achilles injury. Nursing it to health has been tough and I am scheduled to run the marathon next Sunday. This could be my first DNF and I have absolutely no idea where the bus takes the non finishers. My group bought race retreat and if I get on the DNF bus due to injury, can I still enter race retreat. Any help will be appreciated.

If you DNF - you will go to the "Tigger" Tent in the post race area. It will be easy for them to find you or for you to get to the race retreat. The tent is right after the photo/medal area.

I've visited this tent twice both for planned DNFs as I was signed up for the 10K/Half Marathon Challenges and had ankle issues and thus undertrained. I finished the 10K the day before and there was no way for the ankle to make it through the half unless I wanted to risk injury.

I don’t have the logistics map in front of me, but yes - the drop will be at the exit of the finishers area (past photos and challenge medals) but before bag pick-up. You’ll be able to walk through the family area back down to the finish bleachers where Race Retreat is ... it’s a great location for spectators, but is a bit of a walk for runners.

I’m not huge on the clothing. I’ll get the pins and probably a magnet as I always do. I’m waiting to see what the jackets look like.

While I neither love nor hate the 90’s inspired merchandise, I am choosing to focus on the Tervis/magnets/etc. I am hopeful that the race shirts and preorder jackets will be more like those.

Screen shot filed away.

Struggle was real today at Epcot. We rope dropped and it didn’t seem too bad early. My nephew and I were on Test Track and my niece, mother and sister were on FEA in under 15 minutes to start. By 10 AM it was a madhouse and we abandoned a Spaceship Earth FP+ because the Fastpass line was over a 30-minute wait. If we were a little more interested in the ride we would have waited, but we’ve done it enough that it was a quick “nah.” We left at 3 despite nice weather because it wasn’t even fun walking around anymore. We had a good time while we were there and because we had a plan we got a good deal done, but it was not a banner park day.

I went the other day (Thursday) and it was exactly like this in the middle of the day, but dang-near empty at night (7pm on). Lines were still long for FEA and Soarin, but I got on MS, SSE and TT single-rider in max 20 minutes each time. Got a great seat stand-by for Candlelight Processional too.

Epcot has been super weird this time around. I got same-day FP for Soarin on Christmas night, a stellar walk-up spot for two NPH readings of Candlelight and have had no problem getting a spot for Illuminations at 5 minutes out. A couple of the CMs I see frequently even told me how “empty” it’s been after the sun goes down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter