Marathon Weekend 2018

Sunday Funday question.

This is a tough one! By my avatar, obviously Belle. As others have said - brown hair, brown eyes, loves to read, weird (in a good way) dad. :P

Scrooge McDuck is also a huge favorite. I was in line to get a picture with him after the 2013 marathon and when it was my turn, he switched out with Daisy. I was so mad!

I'm going with Donald Duck. As frustrated and irritated as he gets (and I get), somehow, we both figure it out at the end.

Oh, and we're not wearing any pants.

One of the clips of Walt Disney I saw had him saying that Mickey is the character that exemplifies the person we all want to be but Donald exemplifies who we really are. I think he's right.

My favorite is Sorcerer Mickey. Just a favorite of mine from a young kid with the robe, the hat, and the broomsticks but also I sometimes get carried away with things when I should really pull the reins and slow down a little bit.

Also, about the Poly studios - they are booking up fast. We have that as our home resort, and I could only get partial availability for a standard studio when I looked last night. I hadn't thought it would go that quickly, and we have a placeholder trip booked in October that I didn't want to give up quite yet, so I was waiting. Looks like I was wrong on that, so we're trying to figure out if my in-laws have enough points to book us a SSR room and us book something for them later. Otherwise, we may be banking points and getting a regular room somewhere, because the lake view is really expensive!

Yeah, I've been getting pretty concerned about it. I'm bummed since I really was hoping for Poly, but I may email the rental place back and have them check some different options as well. I know Grand Floridian was already booked up, but maybe we could get BLT. I'd like to be on the monorail if possible.

Ultimately if we can't get something we really want, then we may just go with Shades of Green or stay offsite.

Today's Disney question:

Who is your favorite Disney character and why?.

My favorite is Rapunzel because she doesn't let her fear overcome her, she had a dream and she went for it. A close second for me is Eeyore, not totally sure why, maybe because he is more of a realist, which I tend to be (I am a bit more positive in my daily feelings though!).

Last edited:

Today's Disney question:

Who is your favorite Disney character and why?

Scrooge McDuck, because, in his words, "I made it by being tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!"

tougher-than-the-toughies.jpg

Caught up after a week away. Whoo.

Today's question: What is your favorite resort to either stay at or go to (since I know some of you stay offsite) and why?
Beach Club. I stayed there as a child. Love the theming, love the pool, love the ice cream.

Pluto! I love all Disney dogs BUT my favorite is probably Pluto because I can get so much cool stuff with him since he's in the Fab 5 which is why he grew on me when I was a child.

Also, about the Poly studios - they are booking up fast. We have that as our home resort, and I could only get partial availability for a standard studio when I looked last night. I hadn't thought it would go that quickly, and we have a placeholder trip booked in October that I didn't want to give up quite yet, so I was waiting. Looks like I was wrong on that, so we're trying to figure out if my in-laws have enough points to book us a SSR room and us book something for them later. Otherwise, we may be banking points and getting a regular room somewhere, because the lake view is really expensive!

Yeah, I've been getting pretty concerned about it. I'm bummed since I really was hoping for Poly, but I may email the rental place back and have them check some different options as well. I know Grand Floridian was already booked up, but maybe we could get BLT. I'd like to be on the monorail if possible.

Ultimately if we can't get something we really want, then we may just go with Shades of Green or stay offsite.

Oh man. The person I work with has us booked at BLT (Jan 5-8) because he does not have Poly points until March so was going to try to switch us to Poly when he has those points. Guess it might be a long shot but fingers crossed. I mean, I'm not mad if we have to stay at BLT because we've never stayed there before but I LOVE Poly. Definitely not willing to pay the premium for lake view either... we are in standard BLT which is even cheaper that standard Poly so lake view is out of the question due to price.

Hope you all are able to get what you want!!

Yeah, it's looking like a mess this year - I was hoping for Poly too (and thought it would be pretty easy since we can book at 11 months), but apparently the weekend is going to be popular! We had a lot of trouble booking at 7 months for our January trip this year as well - it was right before the Marathon weekend and right after the New Year, so I think the fact that both the race and the holiday are so close are not helping at all.

Oh man. The person I work with has us booked at BLT (Jan 5-8) because he does not have Poly points until March so was going to try to switch us to Poly when he has those points. Guess it might be a long shot but fingers crossed. I mean, I'm not mad if we have to stay at BLT because we've never stayed there before but I LOVE Poly. Definitely not willing to pay the premium for lake view either... we are in standard BLT which is even cheaper that standard Poly so lake view is out of the question due to price.

Hope you all are able to get what you want!!

Bay Lake would also be super awesome! And waitlisting is also an option - not sure exactly how it works if the points are different, but I'm pretty sure you could keep your BLT reservation and then waitlist Poly in case it comes up. It's very possible it wouldn't, but it's an option.

Yeah, I don't want to do Lake View either - we have the points and could do it, but at that point I'd rather use them for another trip where we can get more bang for our buck out of them at a cheaper resort :P

Good luck on your reservation!

Bay Lake would also be super awesome! And waitlisting is also an option - not sure exactly how it works if the points are different, but I'm pretty sure you could keep your BLT reservation and then waitlist Poly in case it comes up. It's very possible it wouldn't, but it's an option.

Yeah, I don't want to do Lake View either - we have the points and could do it, but at that point I'd rather use them for another trip where we can get more bang for our buck out of them at a cheaper resort :P

Good luck on your reservation!

My points guy has waitlisted stuff for us in the past (and somehow it has always come through!), maybe he would be willing to do it again. I know it's something like only being able to waitlist two reservations at a time so it depends on what he is already doing with other reservations.

I'm with you on cheaper resort and more trips!!

Piglet has always been my favorite! Probably because we are both awkward and shy.

I'm starting to be very happy I switched my request from Poly to SS. If it was just DD27 and I, I might have waited and stayed at a value again if it didn't come thru but I have my sister and BIL on this trip and wanted a studio somewhere!

Baymax is super adorable - I just watched that movie earlier this year, and I loved it.

This weekend I found out that one of my college roommates is running Goofy and her boyfriend is running Dopey. I haven't seen her in a few years, so I'm thrilled! She's a tad faster than me, but I'm secretly hoping she slows down for the full, so we can run together at least a little bit!

Add me to the Donal Duck list! Been my favorite for as long as I can remember. Cracks me up when he gets mad :)

Rapunzel is a super close 2nd place, though.

Happy Sunday everyone! Another week closer to Marathon Weekend 2018.

Today's Disney question:

Well I'd have to say Donald Duck is my favorite. I'm not really sure why but from a young age I've always liked him because he's stubborn which I tend to be.

My favorite character is Sorceror Mickey. I fell in love with Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 when I first watched it. Now he the theme of 2 tattoos on me. I ran my first RunDisney 5K in a Sorceror Mickey themed costume.

Favorite character is Minnie. It's apparently been that way since I was a toddler. As the story goes, I once spent the drive to DL talking about what I was going to say to her and then froze up when I met her. There is a photo of it - I look very star struck! I guess I like her because she's a classic and because red and white polka dots are just awesome.

Favorite character is Minnie. It's apparently been that way since I was a toddler. As the story goes, I once spent the drive to DL talking about what I was going to say to her and then froze up when I met her. There is a photo of it - I look very star struck! I guess I like her because she's a classic and because red and white polka dots are just awesome.

Must have been an easy transition for you then. From red/white polka dots to red/white stripes!

57e200abf205deea2443f098f7770d89.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter