Marathon Weekend 2016

Neoflynn.....No worries, I already received the "wrath" after admitting never trying a dole whip or even knowing what it was. Brutal responses for me so hopefully you are in the clear.

I do plan on seeking one out on marathon weekend though since ive heard so much about them but we've never actually tried one :banana:

THIS IS JUST WRONG, PEOPLE!!!!! WRONG.

I'm so disappointed in all of you.

#MomVoice

Trader Sam's tiki terrace at the Polynesian has a new drink. It's called the Spikey Pineapple and it's rum blended with dole whip soft serve. It's only available on the outdoor bar. You're welcome to have one after every race...For fuel of course

(Pic credit to disneyfoodblog...I still need to try one)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 13
Trader Sam's tiki terrace at the Polynesian has a new drink. It's called the Spikey Pineapple and it's rum blended with dole whip soft serve. It's only available on the outdoor bar. You're welcome to have one after every race...For fuel of course

#ALLTHEYES

Has anyone registered with ACCLAIM TRAVEL for the 2016 marathon, in particular the DOPEY? If yes, then can you tell me if they completed the active.com registrations yet - I haven't received mine yet though I paid. I'm just curious if the registraions are complete yet because the rundisney site says sold out but I don't have my official reg from active

THIS IS JUST WRONG, PEOPLE!!!!! WRONG.

I'm so disappointed in all of you.

#MomVoice

I am trying to rectify the situation that has to count for something doesn't it?

So post marathon meet up at Poly pretty much has to happen now LOL

Wow! Another reason to stay at the Poly for this trip. Still undecided on the resort, but my wife is now considering Coronado Springs since she has never stayed there before.

Anyone every stay at Coronado Springs for the races? How are the buses to the events? If I want to drive to one or two from there, how is the drive?

Hi all - I'm considering registering for the 2016 Marathon, which would be my first marathon - eek! I've only started running/training seriously about a year ago. I've completed 4 half marathons and several 10k races at this point, but I'm still a run-walk person, so I'm trying to decide if it would be totally crazy to try for my first marathon at this point. I have a milestone birthday coming up in 2016, and would love to say I'm a marathoner by that age. But, I'm also trying to keep my rD budget in check because I am determined to get to the inaugural Disneyland Paris half weekend in Sept. 2016.

Hi all - I'm considering registering for the 2016 Marathon, which would be my first marathon - eek! I've only started running/training seriously about a year ago. I've completed 4 half marathons and several 10k races at this point, but I'm still a run-walk person, so I'm trying to decide if it would be totally crazy to try for my first marathon at this point. I have a milestone birthday coming up in 2016, and would love to say I'm a marathoner by that age. But, I'm also trying to keep my rD budget in check because I am determined to get to the inaugural Disneyland Paris half weekend in Sept. 2016.

I would absolutely tell you to go for it...right now you are 8 months out wich is MORE than enough time to train for it, as long as you can afford it I say do it! and probably everyone else on here will tell you the same...we are the wrong group to come to, to get talked OUT of things LOL

Don't let @FFigawi see this post ... he's the worst about talking people in to things!!

I definitely think you can do it! Pick a training plan that works for your schedule and stick to it - you should be good! :)

So long as you have the time to properly train for that distance and the drive to do so, may as well! I can't help with the trying to budget for RD because as you can see in my signature I am failing miserably with that.

I'm usually the one on here trying to talk people out of things, but ... I think you should do it. I'm sure you can run-walk a marathon, and if there's anywhere where you won't be the only one doing it, it's at Disney. You've got 8 months to train, and you're obviously doing okay if you've done 4 half marathons in a year!
I think the milestone birthday is a nice motivation - I'm doing something similar (trying to run my first half shortly after I hit the big 3-0), and I think it gives you an extra special reason to stick with your training.

Totally understand the budget issue ... if you can, try putting a little bit of money into a high-interest savings account every month, and that will help you earn a little more to be able to afford both trips!

We're all going to give you lots of advice, but ultimately, it's up to you. If you think you can train for the marathon, go for it. If you think it's too much, then don't. But know that if you want to do the marathon, you've got a great team of supporters right here!

I use a Spibelt when running in races. It expands enough to easily hold my Samsung phone, keys, money, driver's license:

ETA: It is not easy to get big things out while running, so if you plan on using your phone for anything while running, look elsewhere.
ITA - and, no joke, I literally pulled a muscle in my shoulder trying to get my iPhone 4S out of a Spibelt once, lol! I do like it for holding car keys, lip balm, little things on short runs.

I've seena lot of people who wear armbands ... but I'm just worried it won't be comfortable for me (especially because I wear long sleeves and then often end up pushing up my sleeves, which means the fabric under the armband is shifting). Plus, my phone is not a very popular model and I'm worried that I won't be able to find an armband that's the right size for it.
I've never tried the belts.... They're not too confining or chafe??
There are at least 3x as many opinions about what to use to carry stuff while running as there are products to do it! So why not? I'll add mine to the pile. ;)

I LOVE my Fitletic armband to carry my iPhone 4S. It's lightweight, soft, and I'm totally unaware of it when I run, but it's very easy to adjust volume, hit Pause, check time/distance/whatever on the run. For other stuff, I use the Gym Girl Ultra skirt from Skirt Sports - they have two pockets, one on each leg, and they fit more than enough gels for my longest runs, plus a key. I also carry a small handheld water bottle and it was a small pouch attached - I store a lip balm and extra tabs of Nuun in there. For colder weather, I used to use belts when I wore tights or capris, but I hate how they feel and especially how they all ride up on me because I'm super short-waisted. So I cut up an old running skirt and used the cloth to sew my own pockets onto some capris, tights, and ont oanother favorite line of skirts, Lucky Dot, that don't come with pockets. Perfect!

Shoes... I'm quite jealous of how much wear some of you can get! Sadly, my body starts protesting around 200 miles and I've yet to make a shoe go longer than 250. I do wear more minimalist makes, though, so that's a large part of it.

So I cut up an old running skirt and used the cloth to sew my own pockets onto some capris, tights, and ont oanother favorite line of skirts, Lucky Dot, that don't come with pockets. Perfect!

That's actually something I had thought about at one point in time but never pursued. Maybe I should try that ...

Thanks for the advice about the armband ... the Fitletic is the one I was looking at for my sister, so I'm glad to hear that you like it. I think I'm still leaning towards a belt ... but I'm also worried about how it feels and whether it will ride up. I guess I'll just have to experiment and see what works best for me.

That's actually something I had thought about at one point in time but never pursued. Maybe I should try that ...
I won't lie: my pockets are not pretty lol! But they work, and no one sees them under a skirt (I wear Sparkle Athletic skirts over the capris in races), so it's all good :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter