Mar 15, 2014 Fantasy Western ~ Spring break on the High Seas

MIKE! :thumbsup2 That is just awesome!!! I am sure some one :rolleyes1 will "volunteer" you to be the FE organizer ... ;)
Can anyone else second that motion?
Come on over to the FB group too!
+ 31 in the Calgary area today we are loving it :cheer2:

MIKE! :thumbsup2 That is just awesome!!! I am sure some one :rolleyes1 will "volunteer" you to be the FE organizer ... ;)
Can anyone else second that motion?
Come on over to the FB group too!
+ 31 in the Calgary area today we are loving it :cheer2:

I plan on joining the facebook group when I return from my trip that I leave for in 2 days. :thumbsup2

I'll also be more active here after the trip.

Looking forward to the upcoming long weekend... could not resist, I ordered the DCL dvd... the one we currently have is from 2 years ago. Anything to get some mail from Mickey and gang!! :)

I looked over on Facebook just now and it looks like the page created isn't a secret group page but rather a personal page with private settings. Is that correct? Please.... please, correct me if I'm wrong, because I am going only on what I see there.

If so, we are still a rather small group. i could set us up an actual group page that could be closed or secret, and then more than one person could be the administrator to be able add or remove people and spam from the group. With a personal page, only the person who set up the page has that ability. I don't want to step on any toes here, but I personally hesitate to join a Facebook page that looks like a personal page, even this early on, with people I don't know. I can only imagine as we begin to grow in size that others may feel the same way.

I love the idea of a Facebook page - I still keep in touch with people from my February cruise thru our Facebook page, so I know it's a good idea.

Wanda, I appreciate what you've done to get the Facebook thing started! I too would vote for a regular FB group, if someone could set one up. We were part of a private group for our February Fantasy cruise, too, and it got quite active towards the end. I think the advantage of a group is that it's searchable by people who have booked this cruise & want to be involved with others who are going on the same cruise, via Facebook. You still have to be approved by an administrator(s) to join, but at least the group can be found by those who look for it.

Just my opinion--no offense intended!

Jan

No offence at all, so I should have made the group as "private" and not "secret"? Does anyone know if I can change this setting or do we start another group. It will be great to have both the DIS and FB to help everyone get together.:)
I will await a notification as to how to proceed or will join the next group and once that is set up I will delete the other.
Okay?

I will go ahead and make a new group. I will post when its up. Give me 5 min or so.

Thanks for setting it all up Mike! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Awesome! Thanks, Mike & Wanda!

Jan (of Jan & Henry DeVries, who will ask to join the FB group soon as well!)

I went ahead and made a FE group thread. I will post more details there in the coming days but anyone who is interested can pop over there with a quick hello.

Link is HERE

Ok, so the FE page is setup and ready for signups. Anyone who is interested please feel free to post your info.

If people are interested we could also do a Best Fish Extender, and Best Door Decorations contest to have a bit of fun. We did this on PCC 3.0 we saw loads of people getting into it.

3Charbys, Can you edit your first post to add the Facebook group link, and the FE thread link so any new cruisers can find the info without hunting for it?

Links added to the 2nd post ;) Everyone should be able to find us! :goodvibes

Has anyone stayed at Bay Lake Towers? We might do a day or two post cruise and want to hit the MK and Epcot for sure, other parks depending on the time...we also would love to stay at the Yacht Club or Beach club but that is just mostly so I can play in Stormalong Bay;). The Beach Club would also be on my list...

Has anyone stayed at Bay Lake Towers? We might do a day or two post cruise and want to hit the MK and Epcot for sure, other parks depending on the time...we also would love to stay at the Caribbean Beach Club, but that is just mostly so I can play in Stormalong Bay;)

We own at BLT. We don't stay there often but as of right now I have the week pre cruise booked there. Might change it at the 7 month mark but may end up keeping it due to the fact we plan on spending some time at MK. The convenience can't be beat.

So you're thinking about staying at the Beach Club, or Caribbean Beach? You kinda got a mashup of 2 resorts going there. Beach Club is very nice as well as you can walk to Epcot. Stormalong Bay is nice but since we will be hitting some real beaches while on the ship I doubt we will stay there this year.

So many choices.

Yes I was on two places wasn't I...:). Thought about it after I hit enter. I appreciate your feedback, it might be our last WDW trip for quite some time, ant we have stayed at the Caribbean Beach before as well as Port Orleans, both nice but this go we are looking to be closer to the MK or Epcot.

Yes I was on two places wasn't I...:). Thought about it after I hit enter. I appreciate your feedback, it might be our last WDW trip for quite some time, ant we have stayed at the Caribbean Beach before as well as Port Orleans, both nice but this go we are looking to be closer to the MK or Epcot.

Since we stay DVC most trips I have not been in a Mod for a few years. We have done a few nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. It was nice but away from everything.

Hello! My daughter (16) and I are booked for this cruise. There is a possibility that we may have to reschedule, but for now we are hoping to be with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter