MANY Questions about Ticketed Events on the Ships : )

Melissa Sheridan

Planning Epic Trip #2!!!!!
Hi!
So we'll be sailing on our first cruise very soon!!!! (The 11/14 Merrytime Cruise on the Fantasy)

I'm wondering about the tickets for things like the meet & greet for A&E and the Disney Jr. character breakfast - is there an extra cost for these? When will we find out if/when/where they are happening? How do I get tickets? Will tickets often sell out if I don't get the as soon as they're available? (so many questions!!!! I know!)

Thanks for indulging my newbie questions!
Happy cruising everyone <3

We were on the Wonder the week before last and had tickets for a princess meet and greet as well a frozen meet and greet. The tickets were free. When we received our first navigator upon check in at the terminal it stated where to get your tickets after you boarded the ship. For us it was in Wavebands and we headed there straight after we go on to get our tickets. Tickets go fast so you need to try and get them as soon as you board the ship. Can't help you with the character breakfast as our sailing didn't offer one.

Hi!
So we'll be sailing on our first cruise very soon!!!! (The 11/14 Merrytime Cruise on the Fantasy)

I'm wondering about the tickets for things like the meet & greet for A&E and the Disney Jr. character breakfast - is there an extra cost for these? When will we find out if/when/where they are happening? How do I get tickets? Will tickets often sell out if I don't get the as soon as they're available? (so many questions!!!! I know!)

Thanks for indulging my newbie questions!
Happy cruising everyone <3

Yes to the tickets being free for all the meet & greets they offer and character breakfast. Its just because they limit the amount of people that can attend. I would suggest however you get them asap as they can go pretty quick - especially Character breakfast I found. In the Navigator you pick up in the port it will say the precise location for pick up and the time but usually its from 12:30pm on the first day and from either Port Adventures or the main entertainment club. It will be noted on the front right hand side of the navigator probably (has been for all the ones I've seen). It will also list the ones available on there. Only one person in your party needs to go to the desk to get the tickets so if you also have other plans this makes it easier. You just need the room numbers and number of people you need tickets for and you are set. Its very easy procedure but best to get it done quickly. Sometimes things fill up and sometimes they don't. Also they may offer more events if things fill up - like for example on our WBTA they added an extra session for Marvel meet and greet as it filled up quickly.

If you are linked with other cabins, can you get tickets for the other cabins also or does someone from each cabine need to get the tickets.

If you are linked with other cabins, can you get tickets for the other cabins also or does someone from each cabine need to get the tickets.

Nope as long as you are linked you can get tickets for both cabins at the same time you don't need someone from each cabin there.

They don't schedule a character breakfast for everyone anymore? On our 2012 cruise on Wonder everyone was assigned a day for a character breakfast.

They don't schedule a character breakfast for everyone anymore? On our 2012 cruise on Wonder everyone was assigned a day for a character breakfast.
No, they don't assign everyone to a specific character breakfast any longer. You pick up ticket for the character breakfast (if your cruise is having one) at the place/time indicated in the Navigator you get in the terminal at check in.

It's probably more efficient for DCL that way. We've always found the character breakfast minimally attended. With the ticket system, they hand out spots (tickets) for the first breakfast until the room is full, then move onto the second seating (if there's enough demand for it). And so on. In reality, I would say, if all the passengers on any given cruise wanted to do the character breakfast (highly unlikely), I'd think they'd be accommodated.

Thinking about this more, I am surprised to hear that the character breakfasts were not well attended. I thought ours was pretty full. It was a great way for the kids to get autographs and pictures with all the characters without the hassle of long lines and each of the characters actually spent a few minutes with us mugging for the cameras and giving hugs. It's a shame if they don't still do it on each cruise. Does anyone know whether it is possible to find out in advance whether there will be a character breakfast on a particular sailing? Or do I just have to go to Guest Svcs and hope for the best on embarkation day?

Thinking about this more, I am surprised to hear that the character breakfasts were not well attended. I thought ours was pretty full. It was a great way for the kids to get autographs and pictures with all the characters without the hassle of long lines and each of the characters actually spent a few minutes with us mugging for the cameras and giving hugs. It's a shame if they don't still do it on each cruise. Does anyone know whether it is possible to find out in advance whether there will be a character breakfast on a particular sailing? Or do I just have to go to Guest Svcs and hope for the best on embarkation day?
Generally the Fantasy has them (ticketed event with Disney Jr characters). And the Wonder has been doing them on cruises of 7 nights and longer (also ticketed, but I believe with the "regular" characters). Don't know if the Magic is still doing the breakfast on those cruises of 7 night and longer. Dream has never done them.

It will be listed in the Navigator you get at check in whether there is a character breakfast (and where/when to pick up tickets).

Generally the Fantasy has them (ticketed event with Disney Jr characters). And the Wonder has been doing them on cruises of 7 nights and longer (also ticketed, but I believe with the "regular" characters). Don't know if the Magic is still doing the breakfast on those cruises of 7 night and longer. Dream has never done them.

Yep Magic is still doing them (just off the WBTA 2 weeks ago and it was on there). They had the standard characters at theirs in their cruise outfits.

As said you wont know for sure until you get to the port the day you board but more longer than 7 night cruises seem to offer it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter