Malware?

dachsie

DIS Veteran
Every once in a while, its happened 4 times now, I will get a message that I have a malware threat or a page is unsafe when I get on DISboards. It only happens on this site. I am taking the puter in today to be cleaned but thought I would ask if this is a possibility since it only happens on this site

Reactions: T_O
If its a pop-up its a scammy ad and you can ignore it. I'd say get Adblock plugin for your browser. And if you are really worried about viruses, download Avast free version and run that regularly.

I am getting this same error message on occasion when I visit DISBoards - specifically, it says the webpage is insecure. Not sure if this is a DIS problem, or malware on my laptop. (I have Norton 360 and run scan regularly.)

Edit: And no, it is not a pop-up. My browser redirects me to a warning page from my secondary Antivirus program.

This has happened to me several times in the past few weeks. It's not a pop-up or ad. It covers the entire screen with a red page and warnings from Microsoft. It won't let me do anything and I have to close the page and leave the site. I can come back, but it happens eventually again. We have a reasonably new computer (one year) and up-to-date virus protection, etc. etc. I think my husband is paranoid. This only happens on the DIS site (so far). I tried doing searches specifically mentioning Microsoft and got no hits. Just wondering because it never happened in all the years I've been using the Disboards discussions. Makes me sad. :P

Yea that sounds like some kind of breakdown in the virus protection. Maybe a false positive. Sometimes I will get webpages come up with a page that says this page is insecure/may contain malware because my anti-virus is oversensitive. There's always a way to click through, though. In my case, its hidden under "advanced settings" link. If that's bugging you, then try to white list the site. Or use a different anti-virus. They aren't all created equal.

I have been getting the same message- brand new Surface tablet with updated software, virus protection on it. I don't have to exit the whole site, just go back a page, but it is concerning. And, yes, the only site this is happening on is the DIS. Odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter