Mallory Magical Wish to DisneyWorld & GKTW! UPDATED 8/1/13 -- Updated pictures!!

What a beautiful family you have. I am so glad Mallory is getting a wish! I love the Rudolph and Clarice at Build-A-Bear this year. We took our kids to get them as a special treat and they have them talk to each other all the time. Can't wait to hear more about your plans and family.

Hi,

Nice to meet a fellow build-a-bear admirer. How cute you kids have them talk to each other. I though my little one was going to wear out the voice recording in the first week!! :rotfl:

Thanks for joining in!! :thumbsup2

Madeline

Congrats on being granted a wish!! Mallory is adorable and I am so glad to hear her heart is doing great. Welcome to the boards...my girls loved the Crystal Palace for dinner with winnie & tigger. It was there favorite of all of the character meals their second favorite was chef mickey. Have a blast planning

Thanks for the reply!! Thanks for your kind words and thanks for the dining info. I need to get on that ASAP to make sure that we don't miss out on getting reservations.

Madeline

She looks adorable in purple!!! Besides, I think having her dressed in purple made her stand out more than having her dressed in the traditional colors. LOL.

I love that Rudolph!! It's soo cute! :love:

She looks adorable in purple!!! Besides, I think having her dressed in purple made her stand out more than having her dressed in the traditional colors. LOL.

Thank you for that!! ;) My husband said the same thing, she stands out more in purple. She is also little (she's 5 but smaller than most 3 year olds). Being small means she is front and center during the singing time. So here she is in purple in a sea of red and green, she's in the center, and she's the smallest. All of these made her the star of the show!! :banana:

Thanks again for the reply!! :thumbsup2

Madeline

I promised Mallory's MAW wish story so here goes...!! popcorn::

So the MAW volunteers arrive of course the whole family is excited!! They bring gifts for Mallory and even a gift card for her older brother. They were super nice!!

Next comes the time for the questions. They ask Mallory If she could go anywhere, where would she want to go, she says DisneyWorld!! princess: She also says she would like to go to the Nick hotel or on a Nick family cruise. Next come if you could meet anyone who would you want to meet. She has a SUPER hard time with this one. She says her aunt and then when pressed she adds her cousins. She's not really getting the idea so they move on. If you could be anything, what would you want to be? Mallory says a paleontologist (she loves to play paleontologist at our local kid's museum :thumbsup2).

Last they ask her if you could have anything, what would you want to have? She thinks and thinks :rolleyes1 and thinks... then says a Sponge Bob Play-set. They continue to question her is there something bigger if you could have anything...? She says a Rudolph play-set. Everybody laughs because she is talking about $20 play-sets and they are trying to get something bigger like a swing set from her. Since she got a laugh she gets stuck on Rudolph. She thinks Rudolph caused the laugh and soon she is answering Rudolph to every question she can. Which leads to more laughing!!

The funniest part is she had never shown any interest in Rudolph before, but she does love to make people laugh. We took some pictures today to illustrate how she answered the questions.

What's your favorite character? Rudolph. :laughing:
RudolphHug.jpg

What's your favorite book? Rudolph. :lmao:
MalloryReadingRudolph.jpg

What's your favorite movie? Rudolph. :rotfl:
RudolphMovie.jpg

What's your favorite game? Mallory says, this is going to funny... Rudolph. :rotfl2:
RudolphGame2.jpg

What's your favorite song? Rudolph. :confused3
RudolphOrnament.jpg

I have to admit by this point my laughter changed to confusion. I worried Mallory was confusing her Wish volunteers with all the Rudolph talk. When they left we had no idea what they would make of all of it. Sure we had some random Rudolph stuff around the house, but most of it was for her older bother when he was little and she really had shown no interest in it before.:confused: Last they asked her of all her wishes what would she want first? She said Rudolph!! After they left I asked her if she wanted the Rudolph play-set more than Disney World. She said no, I want it first so I can play with it on the way to Disney World!! Yikes!! Of course you all know how it turned out, but let me tell you at the time we weren't sure. :sad2:

A couple of days later, after my husband and our son had just left for a Boy Scout camping trip to Zion's, I got the phone call from MAW. They told me Mallory's wish to Walt Disney World had been granted. So me and Mallory made these signs to tell daddy and Michael the good news.

Here's the signs:
100_8213.jpg

Boy did Mom and Mallory miss Dad and Micahel

100_8214.jpg

100_8215.jpg

100_8216.jpg

100_8218.jpg

Of course now Mallory is more into Rudolph then ever, so on the way to the airport for her wish trip we got her this to open:
RuldophSet.jpg

SSSSHHHHHH!!! Don't tell her it's a surprise!! ;-) Also, if you count the dinosaur things at AK then all 3 of her wishes will come true!! :-)

If you made it to the end of this story congratulations!! :cheer2: I'll try not to be so long winded in the future. I hope you enjoyed reading!! Thanks for joining us on our journey. :thumbsup2

Stay tuned for trip plans and Disney family movie nights... :surfweb:

She is as cute as a button! :upsidedow
I wish Lily would let me do her hair like that!

Ok the Rudolph thing just cracked me up! :lmao: You just never know when kids are gonna get a wild hair up there hat and go off on something that is totally of the wall and out of character for them. Now that the MAW volunteers are gone is she still on a Rudolph kick?

And yay for long winded! That way you don't ever leave out any details. ;)

What a fun update! I love the wish granting story! And the posters!

......... and Rudolph! :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more update! Your little girl is just such a sweetie! :goodvibes

She is as cute as a button! :upsidedow
I wish Lily would let me do her hair like that!

Ok the Rudolph thing just cracked me up! :lmao: You just never know when kids are gonna get a wild hair up there hat and go off on something that is totally of the wall and out of character for them. Now that the MAW volunteers are gone is she still on a Rudolph kick?

And yay for long winded! That way you don't ever leave out any details. ;)

Thanks for the reply and the kind words!! :lovestruc Yes, she now loves Rudolph... go figure!! :confused3:lmao:

I REALLY appreciate what you said about being long winded. Good point!! I certainly did not leave anything out!! :rotfl:

Thanks again for the reply!!

Madeline

I love the Rudolph set and so would my daughter!

Hi, thanks for the reply. :thumbsup2

I know the Rudolph set is super cute. We got it at Kmart for $40. It was in the decoration section, so I'm not sure how well it will hold up as a toy, but we are going to try!! :thumbsup2

Merry Christmas!! :santa:

What a fun update! I love the wish granting story! And the posters!

......... and Rudolph! :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more update! Your little girl is just such a sweetie! :goodvibes

Awww, thanks!! :lovestruc I know you got to love the Rudolph story!! :lmao:

Thanks for the reply,

Madeline

Those pictures of her with all of her Rudolph accesories are so very cute.....

Awww, thanks!! We had fun taking those. I had to show all my new friends at the Dis a reenactment of Mallory making wish!! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Thanks for the reply!! I'm glad to hear from you!! :thumbsup2

Madeline

HELP!! I need an intervention!! I'm addicted to DIS!! :surfweb:

I must admit that I have spent the day... the whole day... reading posts and making plans!! I love Disney and I love DIS!!

My name is Madeline and I'm a Dis board addict... :rolleyes1

Oooohhh...! Another trip report.... :surfweb: :yay:

HELP!! I need an intervention!! I'm addicted to DIS!! :surfweb:

I must admit that I have spent the day... the whole day... reading posts and making plans!! I love Disney and I love DIS!!

My name is Madeline and I'm a Dis board addict... :rolleyes1

If you find a group, let me know! :lmao: I need some intervention too!

And speaking of reading posts......did you ever read WendyGrace's TR? It's AMAZING!
If you haven't than I think you should check it out but make sure you got some tissues with you! Lots of good tears when reading that trip.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1504402

If you find a group, let me know! :lmao: I need some intervention too!

And speaking of reading posts......did you ever read WendyGrace's TR? It's AMAZING!
If you haven't than I think you should check it out but make sure you got some tissues with you! Lots of good tears when reading that trip.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1504402

Thanks for sharing that TR. What a magical trip that was!! All those details were super helpful to those of us waiting to go.

What I learned:

1) I learned from reading is to try not to over do it. Make plans, but be ready to roll with the changes. That made their trip more magical!! :wizard:

2) It sounds like the special nights at GKTW are really AWESOME. I was thinking of skipping those in favor of staying longer the parks, but I don't want Mallory to miss what seems to be highlights of the trip. :santa: pirate: princess:

3) Bring Swimsuit/change of clothes for Universal and Islands of Adventure days. :thumbsup2

4) Stock up on snacks and breakfast food from Wal-Mart, if we want to get an early start. popcorn::

5) Before leaving get a must do/ must meet list from DD princess: and DS :cool2:.

6) We can really eat ice cream every day!! :woohoo:

7) Save time to explore GKTW :cool1:

Thanks again for sharing the link!! :surfweb:

Rudolph...:lmao:... she is just too cute!

I totally agree about addictions on the Dis. There are two places I can spend the whole day going thru, Trip Reports and the Weddings planning section. If you haven't made it to the wedding area - don't head over there. Trust me, you will get sucked into it and really loose track of time just by reading all the brides planning journals. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter