Malestrom

Its been said by numerous people that you can't book a FP for Maelstrom past September 27th. Ive also heard people say the refurb may begin October 1st. That time period is the start of fiscal 2015 for Disney so these moves would make sense.

May be even more than that. My companies fiscal quarter ends on the 27th of September. Timing would not be coincidental. (Remember when pleasure island closed on that Saturday?)

When you call disney those are front line CMs they don't know these things. Yes it isn't on the refurb calendar, yes is hasn't been confirmed by disney. Doesn't mean that disney can't magically start a refurb even tho nothing has been said yet. There are no FPs for this attraction past September 27th. Something is up.

You are right. I called to ask about the kids pool refurb at CBR and she had to call the resort itself to confirm because she didn't believe me.

Well, crap. We really like Maelstrom, and the movie after. I know it's dated, but there's something so majestic and beautiful about the Norway movie! Also, as leader of the Weenie Brigade, Maelstrom is my idea of a thrill ride! :rotfl2:
Frozen was OK, as Disney movies go (although I wanted to slap Elsa through most of it), but I will miss the trolls, the vikings, the polar bear, and the movie. I guess maybe they are finally happy to have characters to tie to Norway, though. Look around WS, and you'll see that most of the pavilions have characters in them now, except Japan and the African Outpost… and NORWAY.

I'd like to see them move the Frozen exhibit into the building between Test Trak and Mexico; was that where Horizons used to be (before our WDW time)? I mean, with global warming, Polar Vortex, etc., Frozen almost belongs in Future World! :lmao:

Well, crap. We really like Maelstrom, and the movie after. I know it's dated, but there's something so majestic and beautiful about the Norway movie! Also, as leader of the Weenie Brigade, Maelstrom is my idea of a thrill ride! :rotfl2: Frozen was OK, as Disney movies go (although I wanted to slap Elsa through most of it), but I will miss the trolls, the vikings, the polar bear, and the movie. I guess maybe they are finally happy to have characters to tie to Norway, though. Look around WS, and you'll see that most of the pavilions have characters in them now, except Japan and the African Outpost… and NORWAY. I'd like to see them move the Frozen exhibit into the building between Test Trak and Mexico; was that where Horizons used to be (before our WDW time)? I mean, with global warming, Polar Vortex, etc., Frozen almost belongs in Future World! :lmao:
that's where the odyssey restaurant used to be. Horizons was where mission space is now (they tore the building down and built the MS space one where it used to be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter