Malaysia Airlines Flight Missing ... Now reporting 4 Americans possibly on board.

Im still praying that the plane was hijacked and is parked somewhere... :\

It was only within the last few weeks that the news was reporting about increased chatter regarding international terrorist threats using airplanes.

I've read articles about this missing plane, but I haven't seen any mention of the recent concerns regarding terrorism. I know they haven't ruled it out in this case, but it seems odd to me that they are not referencing the potential threats from less than a month ago.

I do hope for a positive outcome, but it's looking unlikely at this point. :(

The whole thing is just very odd to me. Why is it taking so long to find any hint of anything? Certainly in this day and age, we aren't rowing boats to get to a location so why hasn't someone's vessel made it there yet! My gut tells me this was terrorism but my mind hopes it's not! I feel for those families with no answers!

The whole thing is just very odd to me. Why is it taking so long to find any hint of anything? Certainly in this day and age, we aren't rowing boats to get to a location so why hasn't someone's vessel made it there yet! My gut tells me this was terrorism but my mind hopes it's not! I feel for those families with no answers!

If the plane hit the water at a very high speed, the chances of anything other than shrapnel sized pieces being recoverable is slim to none. And since it's not clear exactly where the plane went down (initially, it was thought to be Vietnam, or China, maybe somewhere in the South China sea, now people are thinking near Vietnam again), it's hard to figure out where to look.

I just saw this over on twitter. I haven't really been allowing myself too much hope before now since usually a plane disappearance means a crash. Especially the further in we get into this. But cell phones like it or not are not that indestructible so maybe just maybe there is a chance:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-eerie-moment-3222919

And if the cell phone had been destroyed it would have forwarded to voice mail instead of connecting. So I got to think this is a good sign.

Vietnamese searchers are reporting they have spotted floating debris off the southern coast of that country which is clearly from an aircraft (part of door panel and tail fragment):

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304732804579427991198487418?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304732804579427991198487418.html

91d743e0-a790-11e3-b6b8-c56b21926395_nghi-la-cua-so-JPG-6632-1394370271.jpg

In the evening of Mar 9th 2014 local time Malaysia's Transport Ministry reported, that no trace of the missing aircraft has been found at dawn Mar 9th after two days of search. The oil slicks as well as debris found so far are not related to the aircraft. Rumours like other crew establishing contact to the accident flight after radar contact was lost, phone contact to a mobile phone of one the passengers of the missing flight or the aircraft having landed in China or Vietnam, are false.

I'll be honest, I don't put a whole lot of stock in what the airline is reporting. When the Chinese are involved in anything, things usually don't end up passing the smell test. I'm reading speculation it could have been some type of military accident with Chinese equipment (missile, drone, etc), which is why they are claiming to know nothing.

This is a MALAYSIAN airline, over which the Chinese have no control.

Wow, simply wow. Blaming anything on the Chinese. How easy is that!

This is a MALAYSIAN airline, over which the Chinese have no control.

Wow, simply wow. Blaming anything on the Chinese. How easy is that!

Wouldn't be thr first time one of those goofballs shot down a commercial jet.

I'll be honest, I don't put a whole lot of stock in what the airline is reporting. When the Chinese are involved in anything, things usually don't end up passing the smell test.

I'm reading speculation it could have been some type of military accident with Chinese equipment (missile, drone, etc), which is why they are claiming to know nothing.

I just returned from Kuala Lumpur this morning. I can assure you, Malaysia is not in China.

There have been long rumors that TWA 800 was really shot down by a US military accident.

I just read that the 2 men with the stolen passports bought their tickets together. It could be drug smugglers, could be terrorists, could be nothing.

Thankfully, it's been a while. IIRC, North Koreans last time.

No, the last time a plane was shot down it was a Korean airlines plane shot down by the Soviet Union.

While everyone wants to be a conspiracy theorist, isn't it just possible that there was a catastophic event, such as what happened to the Air France Plane in 2009. In that case the entire plane ends up unconcious and no one can radio for help

Wouldn't be thr first time one of those goofballs shot down a commercial jet.

I am Chinese, but I have lived here long enough to know not to take offense at comments like yours.

If one wants to start speculations, it's not like US does not have any military presence around that area. But, speculations help no one and only show the ignorance of those who speculate.

why the hostile towards the Chinese? What did they do?
Military radar pointed out that the plane did try to turn back so that is why they cant find the plane. If they turned back, a missile is out of the question.

Edit: i just realized its about Chinese missiles hitting the plane comment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter