Making all of Mitchell's *WISHES* come true! MAW Pre-Trip Report!

That IS a lot of character meals .. but if that's what he wants !! It will sure be ton's of fun and tons of food .. lol

I have done Crystal Palace and it was very fun .. but haven't done the others. Jayden isn't a big fan of sitting in restaurants either so we usually eat and run !

LOVE the shirt ! :thumbsup2

The pic of the babies and the computer is TOO cute !! :love:

I'm glad someone agrees with me! :goodvibes: After seeing them all written down, I'm wondering if he would settle for a character meal every other day instead. I'm sure he won't care if it means he gets to do something else fun instead.

The babies are a riot! It looks like Mason is showing Mallory what to do ;)

Make a wish team will do their best

I know make a wish doesn't typically cover character meals and/or some of the extras. These "wishes" are what we are going to try to provide for him, not MAW. Along the way, he has been adding things he wants to do, so I'm making a list. Hence the reason we really have to save our pennies for this trip! :)

Hi Everyone! I received an email from MAW today stating our paperwork for the Disney trip had been received and we would get more information in a few weeks. So we're still just patiently waiting.

Our family received some bad news this week. We just found out my mom has breast cancer. For all of the prayer warriors out there, will you please keep her in your prayers? We don't have any information yet...I think that's the hardest part...not knowing a plan of action. She was planning on coming with us on our MAW trip to help out and I'm sure this is going to change things. I'm trying to stay postive, but it's hard.

So sorry to hear about your mom. :hug: I pray everything will be ok and she will get through this.

Hopefully you'll get your dates soon !

Hi Everyone! I received an email from MAW today stating our paperwork for the Disney trip had been received and we would get more information in a few weeks. So we're still just patiently waiting.

Our family received some bad news this week. We just found out my mom has breast cancer. For all of the prayer warriors out there, will you please keep her in your prayers? We don't have any information yet...I think that's the hardest part...not knowing a plan of action. She was planning on coming with us on our MAW trip to help out and I'm sure this is going to change things. I'm trying to stay postive, but it's hard.

I am so sry to hear about ur mom sending pixie dust ur way

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Praying she will get good news as to a course of treatment and recovery

Joining in. Beautiful family you have.

Prayers for your mother!

We are going on my DD's MAW trip in 43 days, but who's counting, right? LOL!

As far as character meals, our wish coordinator told me how much we'd get getting per meal so I could plan more.

We are doing 3 breakfasts & 1 lunch.

She scheduled our lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table
We are also doing the Crystal Palace
Hollywood & Vine
Tusker House

We are also doing to ADR that aren't character meals, they are also the only 2 nights I'm planning on eating dinner out. Of course that could change. Raglan Irish Pub & Restaurant in DTD and La Hacienda @ Epcot.

Feel free to head over to our trip report. :)

I received an email from Make a Wish yesterday!!! They are going to call me tomorrow to start planning his trip! Woo hoo!!! I'm so excited I could scream like a little girl! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

The plan right now is to hopefully extend our trip by a few days, so our requested dates are going to be May 9-20. I would like to have short days at the parks because of the twins, but even with the extra time I feel like we still can't fit everything in without going crazy. I'm off to check out other trip reports to see how everyone is scheduling their days. I may need some help!

Yay .. thats awesome !! :banana: May is a gorgeous time to go too .. we were given the option of going in May .. but I didn't want to wait that long !

I have sort of a "loose" plan for our stay. I really don't want to be on the run all day long .. Jayden gets too tired and cranky. So we'll be taking it easy most days. Hopefully warm weather and lots of swimming !

Good luck with extending your trip .. it sort of seems to be hit or miss with each MAW chapter. We were able to extend .. but many others are not allowed to. Not sure why it varies so much chapter to chapter .. but I hope they allow you to. It's such a short time to try to do SO much .. having a few extra days sure takes some pressure off.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans ! :goodvibes

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

I will hopefully be able to post dates here in just a few short days! I'm just waiting for the call that will confirm them...then I can start the real fun of planning this wonderful trip!!

We just got our approval and our dates and we are going in April. I feel like I am already behind and overwhelmed but in a good way! We are so excited that Mackenzie's wish is becoming a reality and it is great that she is smiling and looking forwad to the trip. She talks about it every day. Prior to getting the dates she refusing to talk during speech therapy because she says she doesn't like her voice and it doesn't sound like her. We told the therapist about her trip and she says she has been talking about it in her sessions nonstop. Who knew that Disney would be therapeutic! I look forward to hearing about your plans. I just started our PTR but I don't know how to link it yet.

Shawna

We just got our approval and our dates and we are going in April. I feel like I am already behind and overwhelmed but in a good way! We are so excited that Mackenzie's wish is becoming a reality and it is great that she is smiling and looking forwad to the trip. She talks about it every day. Prior to getting the dates she refusing to talk during speech therapy because she says she doesn't like her voice and it doesn't sound like her. We told the therapist about her trip and she says she has been talking about it in her sessions nonstop. Who knew that Disney would be therapeutic! I look forward to hearing about your plans. I just started our PTR but I don't know how to link it yet.

Shawna

Very exciting! I'm so happy the planning of the trip is helping Mackenzie! Hopefully the trip itself will produce even greater benefits! I'll go searching for your PTR!

We have dates!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

It took awhile to get everything organized because we couldn't figure out how to make GKTW work for Mitchell. They were trying to get us booked at one of the Disney resorts, but they were having an issue with booking because we have to have a full kitchen. After some back and forth and some creative brainstorming, we finally figured it out and we are going May 9-20th!!! And we get to stay at GKTW!!!

We went over the GKTW schedule of events with Mitchell and he picked out the ones he for sure wants to do and we crossed a few off the list. He wouldn't agree to anything on the schedule until we assured him with each one that we would not leave him anywhere by himself. I don't know where this came from, maybe it's the age? Did anyone else have kids that went through separation anxiety around 5 years old?? It's not in our every day life, just in new things we're doing - such as a vacation, so I'm not sure where it came from.

This morning he woke up and the first thing he said was, "Mom, I had the most horrible dream last night!!" Me: "what was it?", Mitchell: "We planned this really great trip to Disney and you and dad decided to go without me!" LOL!

I'm so excited to start planning for real now! I have so many ideas and I feel very overwhelmed!

So happy you have your dates ! May is a WONDERFUL time to go .. it's my favorite time of the year down there. :goodvibes

My boys suffer from anxiety .. period .. and would freak if I tried to leave them somewhere by themselves ! :scared1:
Plus new situations are hard for my guys (especially Jayden) but he's getting better as he gets older, thankfully.
Just from what you said, about the dream and worrying you guys are going to leave him, sounds like a little anxiety .. could be just because it's something so overwhelming and the fear of the unknown. But rest assured .. he is going to have the time of his life !!

I'm so excited for you guys ! Can't wait to hear about your plans. :banana:

Joining in! Your family is beautiful.
We are taking 9 children with us on Angelinas wish trip and we have grandma and two great aunts coming along for most of the week. They are staying at a local hotel close to Disney that they were able to get a good deal on. They are only coming to the MK with us for Angelinas big BBB makeover but they are going to be available at other times for babysitting. (Izzy- our baby is 13 months old now and Jude is 3.) But we wanted to be sure that we have ample "hands" so that we have a plan, a back up plan, and one to back up that plan too! I know that Jude and Izzy will enjoy the parks but not likely for the long hours that the rest of us will be in for. :) Just a thought for your family taking along the babies. I hope that you are able to find a bit of help too.

So glad that you have dates!!
Blessings,
Sarah
PRINCESS Angelinas PT Report
[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/URL]

Can you believe I didn't subscribe to my own trip report so I didn't know I had activity in here?!? I'm now subscribed!

So happy you have your dates ! May is a WONDERFUL time to go .. it's my favorite time of the year down there. :goodvibes

My boys suffer from anxiety .. period .. and would freak if I tried to leave them somewhere by themselves ! :scared1:
Plus new situations are hard for my guys (especially Jayden) but he's getting better as he gets older, thankfully.
Just from what you said, about the dream and worrying you guys are going to leave him, sounds like a little anxiety .. could be just because it's something so overwhelming and the fear of the unknown. But rest assured .. he is going to have the time of his life !!

I'm so excited for you guys ! Can't wait to hear about your plans. :banana:

I try to reassure him as much as possible and I'm hoping this is just a quick phase because he has always been a confident child.

Yay!

May will be a wonderful time to go.

Start making those dinning reservations!

I've been making and canceling dining reservations for the past couple of months based on when I thought we'd be going. Yes, I'm a crazy planner and it was stressing me out to not have reservations. :cool1:

YAY for dates!! Let the planning begin!!

I have a few things in mind to plan for and my list seems to be growing daily!

Joining in! Your family is beautiful.
We are taking 9 children with us on Angelinas wish trip and we have grandma and two great aunts coming along for most of the week. They are staying at a local hotel close to Disney that they were able to get a good deal on. They are only coming to the MK with us for Angelinas big BBB makeover but they are going to be available at other times for babysitting. (Izzy- our baby is 13 months old now and Jude is 3.) But we wanted to be sure that we have ample "hands" so that we have a plan, a back up plan, and one to back up that plan too! I know that Jude and Izzy will enjoy the parks but not likely for the long hours that the rest of us will be in for. :) Just a thought for your family taking along the babies. I hope that you are able to find a bit of help too.

So glad that you have dates!!
Blessings,
Sarah

Thanks for joining in!! Wow, 9 children on your trip! You will have so much fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter