Makeup for Disney!

I'm one of those people that I put make-up on, and within a couple of hours it always looks like it is completely gone. Clinique makes a product called City Block- it is a sunscreen that you can wear under your foundation, powder, etc. and it also somehow keeps your make-up on your face. I've worn it at WDW and DL and have been surprised to go in the bathroom after lunch and still see make-up on my face. I don't wear it every day at home because, I have sensitive skin that gets irritated by sunscreen, and when I wear sunscreen every day, including the City Block, it can cause it to break out or get red, but I wear it every day at WDW!

My favorite Revlon Lip Butter color is berry smoothie. I also love Pink Truffle, Cotton candy and Fig Jam. They are all sheer. Fig Jam is the darkest and it looks SCARY when you see it but when you wear it the actual color is absolutely gorgeous. They are so hydrating. Cotton Candy and Pink Truffle are the perfect sheer, subtle colors. Berry Smoothie is also nice and sheer but is more purple-y so it has a bit more punch.

I also have Red Velvet. That one feels great too, but the color is almost opaque. So I like it when I am going out and want red lips. Otherwise, not so much. I barely ever wear it.

EDIT: This is a great review of the Lip Butters - and how I got into them. http://www.frmheadtotoe.com/2011/12/revlon-lip-butters-review-swatches.html

I only have one Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch. The benefit of Baby Lips is the SPF 20. But the Revlon lip butters are more hydrating.

Thanks for lithe link to the review!

Can anyone recommend a good waterproof eyeliner?
I like the look of eyeliner on the water line however, I can't get it to stay put in the winter, never mind the Florida, summer heat.

Can anyone recommend a good waterproof eyeliner?
I like the look of eyeliner on the water line however, I can't get it to stay put in the winter, never mind the Florida, summer heat.

Urban Decay is supposed to be waterproof. I have not tried it tho. I can't not find one that either 1) doesn't somehow leave my under the eye area looking all black like I've come back from the dead and 2) does not make me tear. :sad1:

I DID buy the Revlon Lip Butter in

Peach Parfait - very natural color

Berry Smoothie - a very nice pop of color

Thank you ladies for all the hints on these. They are very, very,nice and I love MAC lipstick. These stay on longer!!!

UD 24/7 liners are awesome!! They have 40 different colors, some with glitter. I always use UD primer potion as well, and add some under my eyes to give extra staying power to my lower liner. Recently, I discovered Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner, and it is quickly becoming a favorite. Its actually more like a felt tip pen than a liquid, and it doesn't come off until I want it to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DISBoards

I don't get the Urban Decay love. I bought one of the 24/7 eyeliners for my Disney trip last year and find it still smudges and gives me a raccooning. Felt like a big waste of money. Plus I can't sharpen the tip into a fine enough point. I'm forced to draw in a thicker line than I want.

Maybe I need to ditch the pencil and go with a liquid liner? Ugh. I HATE liquid liner. I don't have a steady enough hand to apply it.

I got some of the Maybelline Color Whispers since they were on sale at the CVS. I got really sheer colors that just give a little shine and don't make me feel made up.

The Urban Decay eyeliners tend to vary by color in how well they stay. I have some I like but the most recent one is getting returned because it is too smudgy. I really like Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes. I never have an issue with them smudging or getting into my eyes.

I don't get the Urban Decay love. I bought one of the 24/7 eyeliners for my Disney trip last year and find it still smudges and gives me a raccooning. Felt like a big waste of money. Plus I can't sharpen the tip into a fine enough point. I'm forced to draw in a thicker line than I want.

Maybe I need to ditch the pencil and go with a liquid liner? Ugh. I HATE liquid liner. I don't have a steady enough hand to apply it.

I feel the same way about UD 24/7 pencils. I have several colors and all will smudge, especially on my bottom lashline. I have much better luck with Clinique Cream Shapers or Estee Lauder Double Wear Pencils (except for the Onyx color, which still smudges on me).

Just bought the revlon lip butters in fig jam and creme brûlée. The fig jam color is pretty ugly in the tube but as an op said it looks beautiful on. Keep this site going ladies!

Just bought the revlon lip butters in fig jam and creme brûlée. The fig jam color is pretty ugly in the tube but as an op said it looks beautiful on. Keep this site going ladies!

I keep chickening out of trying the fig jam-guess I really need to give it a go! I love this thread!

As the op said who recommended fig jam it really is an eye opener when you see the color but its so gorgeous on. I say go for it!!

Dear NuJoy,
Your response about your hair thinning out, as well as your eyelashes, struck a cord with me as that seems to be the complaint of some of my friends, most of whom are in their 60s to early 70s. I have pretty much the same thick, shiny hair and good looking, dewey skin that I had in my earlier years and I will be 70 in two weeks. My secret? Barlean's oil. It is an omega 3 flax oil that I have been taking for the last 20 years, almost every day (I don't take it on trips as it has to be refrigerated). You take 2 tablespoons every morning with a glass of warm, slightly sweetened lemon water. Barlean's makes different types and they are all good. I usually buy mine at Whole Foods but you can order it online from their site or Swanson's or a similar site. I look amazing for my age and a lot of it has to do with Barlean's oil, as far as I can figure out.
Try it. Give yourself several months and you will be able to see the results.
Astraltravel
:goodvibes

Dear NuJoy,
Your response about your hair thinning out, as well as your eyelashes, struck a cord with me as that seems to be the complaint of some of my friends, most of whom are in their 60s to early 70s. I have pretty much the same thick, shiny hair and good looking, dewey skin that I had in my earlier years and I will be 70 in two weeks. My secret? Barlean's oil. It is an omega 3 flax oil that I have been taking for the last 20 years, almost every day (I don't take it on trips as it has to be refrigerated). You take 2 tablespoons every morning with a glass of warm, slightly sweetened lemon water. Barlean's makes different types and they are all good. I usually buy mine at Whole Foods but you can order it online from their site or Swanson's or a similar site. I look amazing for my age and a lot of it has to do with Barlean's oil, as far as I can figure out.
Try it. Give yourself several months and you will be able to see the results.
Astraltravel

THIS is why I love this thread!

I really want to try BB cream but I can't find one that is light enough to match my fair skin. I don't want to look like an Oompa Loompa (orange) and I often have a hard time finding foundations/powders that are light enough. When I had my makeup done for my wedding the makeup artist had to custom make a foundation for me since I'm so fair :( I always wear a moisturizer with SPF of at least 30 on my face and then usually use pressed powder. Anyone with fair skin use a BB cream that matches your skin tone?

I keep chickening out of trying the fig jam-guess I really need to give it a go! I love this thread!

Buy it from cvs, I'm sure other stores have the same policy. But, I know for a fact at cvs if you buy it, try it, dislike it you can return it for a refund or money card if you don't have a receipt!!!

I was there last week and here is what I used for waterproof mascara off a recommendation in this thread. Covergirl Lash Blast and it 100% worked without fail!

I'm a big fan of MAC cosmetics. Thinking of trying Makeup Forever foundation and powder. Your opinions please :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter