Make a Wish Trip Planning

Are kids that stay at GKTW allowed to attend Extra Magic Hours?
I was wondering this the other day after a co-worker asked and I didn't know the answer.
My co-worker (the one I was talking to) will be in Disney at the same time and are trying to get together while down there. She mentioned extra magic hours and I didn't know what the answer was. There staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Thanks to anyone who has an answer to this

Sorry, i am just now seeing this. :confused3

Technically a Wish Child does not get EMH because they are not staying at a Disney resort. And most wish kids, honestly, don't really use them because you have the button and there are morning and evening activities at GKTW (plus most families are so tired by the late ones). Having said that...if you are going to meet your friends, it would definitely be within a CM's power to allow you to attend EMH, if that is really what you guys wanted to do. Or you could have them come to GKTW with you guys...that might be really fun.

OR>..you could meet them at AKL...Boma is a wonderful restaurant! :)

We got two great packages today. as soon as i get the pictures uploaded to photobucket, I'll upload them.

Here is my itinerary thus far. It's not complete, but I"m still waiting to make ADR's for Elmo.
Does anyone think that these are two busy?

Friday: Arrive and hang out at GKTW. Kids will probably want to swim, eat ice cream and relax from the plane ride.

Saturday: AM-Littlest Hero Photo Shoot at GKTW, Seaworld, then home for GKTW's nightly activity.

Sunday: ADR's with Spiderman (Breakfast) Spend the day at Universal, then hang out at GKTW.

Monday: ADR's at Crystal Palace (Lunch) Spend the day at Magic Kindgom. GO back to GKTW to nap and dinner and then go to Wishes. I'm not sure if my kids will like wishes, my son loves fireworks, though I'm not sure if my daughter will like it, or if she'll sit still for it.

Tuesday:Animal Kingdom (only a few rides here), lunch, rest at GKTW, then MGM and hopefully to Fantasmic. Again, I"m not sure if my kids will sit through it, although my Husband would LOVE Fantasmic! We'll have to see how this goes!

Wednesday: Pony Rides! This for us is a MUST! My son and daughter LOVE ponies!! We figure that we'll got to Epcot after that. We'd like to see the Garden Show that they have going on and J wants to go back to Soarin'.
I'd really like to go to Downtown Disney after Epcot, but it depends on how the kids feel. I think that my kids would love the Lego store.

So what does everyone think? Am I trying to do too much?
Any suggestions about Downtown Disney, as I've never been there?
Thanks and I'll have those Big Give pics up soon!

Today we got two packages: one from Princess Caitlin and one from Cajunfam.

Here they are!
From Cajunfam:
biggive001.jpg

biggive002.jpg

biggive013.jpg

biggive005.jpg
[/IMG]
biggive006.jpg

biggive003.jpg

biggive009.jpg

biggive010.jpg

biggive005.jpg

From Princess Caitlin:
biggive015.jpg

biggive016.jpg

biggive017.jpg

biggive018.jpg

biggive019.jpg

biggive020.jpg

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you!!

Your schedule looks great! :)

I think your DD will like Wishes...she won't have to be too still for that. It is not too, too long and I think she will like the music. You might want to get earplugs, though, in case she is frightened by the loud booms.

:)

And the pics are SO cute!! :)

I think your plans sound great. You can always scale back once you get there if you find that they wear out too quickly! Have a great time! :wizard:

Cute pictures! Looks like alot of fun stuff in those boxes!

I also think your plan looks pretty great. I would say don't rush through anything though. Take the time to stop and smell the roses.

We love downtown disney but it is really just shopping with tons of disney stuff. The westside does have other things but mainly restaurants. My son loves the lego store but he loves legos!

OK, call me sappy but I started feeling the tears well up when I saw the kids open their Big Give pacages. I am sure they are enjoying all their new things.:love:

I think your itinerary sounds great. Just stop if you get too tired or aren't having fun anymore.

I love the pictures!! Thanks for sharing them!

Oh wow all those great pics and fun packages! :goodvibes Look how happy they are! Awesome! I think another package is on its way!!!! ;)

I ditto what Heather said! Make a plan so you know where to go but be flexible during the actual day in case you get tired! Glad you plan to rest in the middle of the day! That is key! Get there early, avoid the crowds and leave when everyone else shows up!

Hi!!

I dont think you have to worry about kids sitting still during fireworks!! My neices and nephews usually Dance during them!!!!:rotfl: My 3 year old neice, Hannah, loves the music and just twirls around during fireworks!!! Have the BEST time!!!

So I found out today while cruising the internet at work (because it was so quiet and boring) that the weekend that we are going to be there is a Star Wars weekend. Well DH loves Star Wars, and I"m a fan myself. My son also enjoyed that are of MGM two years ago. Do I change my entire plan to go to the weekend or not? Is it really worth it? I can re-work my plan I'm just curious to see if it's really worth it. Also, we were planning on going to Fantasmic when as MGM, and if I'm not sure if they'll be having a show if we go on the weekend......

Also, we're going to try to do the Epcot Flower show. My husband is a landscaper and would love to see all the different flowers and topiaries..

Any input on this?

So I found out today while cruising the internet at work (because it was so quiet and boring) that the weekend that we are going to be there is a Star Wars weekend. Well DH loves Star Wars, and I"m a fan myself. My son also enjoyed that are of MGM two years ago. Do I change my entire plan to go to the weekend or not? Is it really worth it? I can re-work my plan I'm just curious to see if it's really worth it. Also, we were planning on going to Fantasmic when as MGM, and if I'm not sure if they'll be having a show if we go on the weekend......

Also, we're going to try to do the Epcot Flower show. My husband is a landscaper and would love to see all the different flowers and topiaries..

Any input on this?

Star Wars weekends is a ton of fun but will be crowded! They usually do a totally cool parade and have tons of the star wars characters out and about for pictures. I think it is worth it, especially if you like star wars and probably more so with a make a wish button!

I cannot imagine that they wouldn't show Fantasmic on those days but disney does odd things sometimes.

Any input on this?

If your son likes Star Wars, I would TOTALLY GO!!

You have your button...so the lines won't be an issue with the crowds and you can just sorta go around fairly quickly and meet the Star Wars characters, get autographs and all of that. The crowds are an issue...but since you have the button, and your son is a fan, I would totally go.

Also...I would see if you can get him a Star Wars shirt or something to wear so that the CM's are aware that he, indeed, is a Star Wars fan!

Let me know if you plan to go to this and I will see if I can find some info out there on it...

Epcot Flower and Garden show would be cool to see, too!! There are 2 VIP Lounges in Epcot that your kids should see, too, if you have time. :)

WOW!!
What a totally awesome surprise the Powell kids got yesterday!:banana:

Two beautiful outfits from Edmond, Cathy and Family. DD took the envelope they were mailed in, so I'll need your address again. She likes to "pack" her toys up. They are awesome and will work well when Joseph meets his favorite Princess, Snow White!

Thank you so mcuh! Your awesome!
Abbi was very grumpy and ready for bed so she wasn't very happy to have her picture taken!
DSCN1343.jpg

DSCN1342.jpg

The new outfits are beautiful! Don't worry about grumpy little ones as they can't smile in every photo. Thanks for sharing. How is the Star Wars planning coming along?

WOW!!
What a totally awesome surprise the Powell kids got yesterday!:banana:

Two beautiful outfits from Edmond, Cathy and Family. DD took the envelope they were mailed in, so I'll need your address again. She likes to "pack" her toys up. They are awesome and will work well when Joseph meets his favorite Princess, Snow White!

Thank you so mcuh! Your awesome!
Abbi was very grumpy and ready for bed so she wasn't very happy to have her picture taken!
DSCN1343.jpg

DSCN1342.jpg

Aww - so cute!!!

We got two really cute package this weekend and as soon as I find my camera, I'll post pictures.

Thank you to everyone!

We got a call from the Wish group today. We're having our party next Saturday! I can't wait.

Our totally new and revamped itinerary.
I had this wonderful itinerary worked out.....until I found out about the Star Wars weekend and pretty much had to redo the entire schedule. Ergh! So here's the new one....

Arrival Day:
This is going to be an early day for us as we live about an hour and a half from the airport. Our flight leaves at 8am (looking back, maybe that wasn't such a good idea!) and we're scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 11am. This give us plenty of time to navigate to GKTW, go to Wal-Mart (DD is a milk addict!), and check in. Orientation is at 3pm so I'll go to that and get the all important button. The rest of the day is going to be spent hanging out at GKTW. Probably swimming, play ground and maybe some mini golf. We'll enjoy the nightly activity and "hopefully" go to bed early.

Sat:
DS for Star Wars Weekend! We're planning on getting there early and leaving around lunch and heading to AK. Since AK is only open 'til 7pm, we're going to head back to GKTW for Mayor Clayton's Birthday Party.

Sun:
Universal Studios, we're having breakfast with Spiderman. We will probably spend the whole day here, and get back to GKTW for the Candyland party.

Mon:
Magic Kingdom!! We have ADR's for Crystal Palace. The plan is to stay here half a day, go take a nap, and then come back to the MK. We're going to attempt Wishes. Hopefully, my kids will sit through it.

Tues:
Epcot. Planning on spending the entire day here, mainly because of the Flower and Garden show...and because they have a Wish Lounge that the kids can rest in. In the event that we don't want to spend all day here, we might go to AK this day, haven't really decided yet.

Wed:
Pony Rides, Photo Shoot and then the rest of the day at SeaWorld. That's the extent of it.

Thurs:
We're leaving this day, and don't know what time, so until I get that info, I can't really plan anything.

So how's it look now?

Our "party" is scheduled for this Saturday and will be themed after Hannah Montana and the Wiggles. They are coming to our house with Pizza, Cake and soda. THe kids are very excited! I did find out that there is no limo for us, which is ok, cause I was worried about my kids getting sick. They do provide money for us to park our car at the airport.

We got some awesome stuff in the mail over the past couple of days....here are some big give pictures.

Joseph and his Spiderman shirt and his super cool reversible hat, that he loved!

DSCN1345.jpg

Abbi in her Pooh Bear Skirt, shirt and matching hairband (and one shoe, a signature Abbi look;) )

DSCN1347.jpg

Two great t-shirts, one came with a matching bow for Abbi that matched the bow in the kitties hair! So Cute!!

DSCN1350.jpg

Loving the Princess slippers! Abbi enjoyed trying them on...the hairband are super cute! For those of you that can't tell, the ribbon says "Make a Wish" on them. I'm hoping that I can keep her still enough to get them in her hair.

DSCN1351.jpg

These pretty bracelets came from Maroo.
DSCN1353.jpg

This is the best picture that I could get of Abbi in her Cinderella dress. She's being quite a primadonna today and didn't want anyone to take any pictures of her...hope that this is ok.
DSCN1349.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter