Make a Wish Trip Planning

Thank you everyone for your well wishes so far! My son is so excited! We've been watching YouTube videos on Disney and GKTW.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to take and I know that there is a Wal-Mart close by. Should I bring pull ups with me, or does everyone recommend purchasing them down in Florida? I know that we're supposed to pack lightly but both my kids still need diapers. (My daughter wears Pullups and my son wears NightTimes for bedwetting). I really don't want to tote diapers on the plane, but if they are going to be cheaper in VA than in FL, I'll do it.
Let me know what everyone recommends. I was thinking that I'd just make a trip to Wal-Mart on our way there and get things that we need, like sun block, yogurt (for J's meddie) and snacks/etc. Are the prices more expensive 'cause your near Disney or are they comparable to other Wal-Marts?

Also, we're leaving RIA at 0830 and are scheduled to arrive in Florida at 10am. I read somewhere that we can't check into GKTW until 3pm, but can we go there and hang out until our villa is ready? I was thinking that after the plane ride, the kids would love to unwind with some ice cream and the playground, but want to make sure that's ok. If not, I was planning on driving around Orlando until check-in time.

Thanks for anyone who can help. And I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Thank you everyone for your well wishes so far! My son is so excited! We've been watching YouTube videos on Disney and GKTW.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to take and I know that there is a Wal-Mart close by. Should I bring pull ups with me, or does everyone recommend purchasing them down in Florida? I know that we're supposed to pack lightly but both my kids still need diapers. (My daughter wears Pullups and my son wears NightTimes for bedwetting). I really don't want to tote diapers on the plane, but if they are going to be cheaper in VA than in FL, I'll do it.
Let me know what everyone recommends. I was thinking that I'd just make a trip to Wal-Mart on our way there and get things that we need, like sun block, yogurt (for J's meddie) and snacks/etc. Are the prices more expensive 'cause your near Disney or are they comparable to other Wal-Marts?

Also, we're leaving RIA at 0830 and are scheduled to arrive in Florida at 10am. I read somewhere that we can't check into GKTW until 3pm, but can we go there and hang out until our villa is ready? I was thinking that after the plane ride, the kids would love to unwind with some ice cream and the playground, but want to make sure that's ok. If not, I was planning on driving around Orlando until check-in time.

Thanks for anyone who can help. And I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Do you guys use a special kind? If you can get them at Wal-Mart, then you can find them right by GKTW. There is a Wal-Mart right up the street from GKTW. I would totally do a Wal-Mart run on that first day and buy snacks for the villa and parks (if you want) and any toiletries, etc that you don't want to pack. Including pull ups and such! :)

You can totally go to GKTW first!! They actually will probably have your villa ready, but there is TONS to do if it isn't ready. And they even have good bathrooms that you can change into your swimming stuff and go swim or play on the dry stuff at GKTW.

You can eat lunch there (at Katie's Kitchen) and eat ice cream, of course!! :)

I am getting excited about your trip!!! :)

Thanks Maroo!
Joseph is getting excited too!
I think that I'll plan a Wal-Mart run on our way to GKTW. That would eliminate a lot of things that I need to pack.

I'm trying to get my little girl into Breakfast with Elmo. They've opened dates, starting on May 23rd, so I may be able to pull it off. She would absolutely love it! SeaWorld said to call back on May 1st to try to make the reservation and that's what I'm going to do.

How about cameras? Should I bring mine or just use the ones at GKTW? Our is OLD and uses Mini Vids to record. I'd like to use something that I'm not going to have to transfer to CD's and if they have them down there, that's one less thing to pack!

You guys are going to have a blast!! :)

Did I do a planner for you guys already? I have about 4 families in the process and I can't remember!! :rolleyes:

You guys are going to have a blast!! :)

Did I do a planner for you guys already? I have about 4 families in the process and I can't remember!! :rolleyes:

No, you said to give you a few weeks to get it done. No rush, we have five weeks to go!

No, you said to give you a few weeks to get it done. No rush, we have five weeks to go!

I am going to work on yours tonight! I have been trying to do it 4 weeks out in the hopes that the park hours would be fairly set, but they seem to be changing them anyway...so I need to go ahead and do these! :)

You guys have been through so much! Glad to hear both children are doing better. You will have a wonderful time at GKTW!

Hi,
I am glad to hear Joseph and Abbigail are doing well. Your are going to have a blast on your trip.
Ok I am a little slow today please tell me what GKTW stands for. If you are talking about the Wal Mart I think you are, there is also a Target near by and the prices at both are not bad. We always go to one or the other when we get there. Please keep us updated.

Wow I am just crying after hearing all you have gone through. I am so glad that Joseph is getting his Wish trip though....very exciting and I know you all will love GKTW! I am praying for all of you!

I just went back and looked at the wonderful pictures you posted. I was all teary seeing the picture of Joseph walking with his daddy.

My daughter would love Abbigail's cat!

Hi,
I am glad to hear Joseph and Abbigail are doing well. Your are going to have a blast on your trip.
Ok I am a little slow today please tell me what GKTW stands for. If you are talking about the Wal Mart I think you are, there is also a Target near by and the prices at both are not bad. We always go to one or the other when we get there. Please keep us updated.

GKTW=Give Kids the World, a resort for Wish Kids.

What a wonderful family! I hope you can get into Breakfast with Elmo. I just love Sesame Street. Keep us updated on that!

Elmo is coming back to SeaWorld!!!! YAY!!
He's going to be there for Memorial weekend, starting May 23rd!
They start taking ADR's on May 1st.
Yay! I'm totally stoked!!
Abbi is going to be so happy!! She absolutely loves ELMO!:yay:

Joseph is going to be a littlest hero as well. I'm trying to plan the photoshoot for when we're in Orlando.
I'd love to have them done at GKTW. Does anyone think that would be a problem? :idea:

We almost have less than a month 'til our trip!
Jojo is getting so excited! We watched Disney Parades on YouTube today :happytv:

I'm working on getting my packing lists together, calling scripts in for my Epi Pen (that whole allergy to Bees thing is a PAIN in Florida!), Jojo's Emergency med which needs to be special ordered and a new script written (Valium in case he has a seizure).

I want to make cards like 5dwarves did and I'm working on them. Not as computer savvy so I'm going back to read her TR again to figure them out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

I'm working on the info cards and the Pixie Dust cards. I found out today that I have MS Publisher (surprise!). I found some backgrounds that I like and am typing my info in, but have a little problem.
Can't get any punctuation to work or to get numbers to work?
Anyone know the solution to this?
Thanks.

I am just reading up on pre-trip reports (trying to avoid the post ones because I really want to be surprised :rotfl2:) anyway the first picture brought that feeling back to the pit of my stomach (have several like that of my DD, that at the time I though why are we taking this and Yet I am glad we have it)
Hope you have a great trip--you deserve it...sitting through brain surgeries SUCKS (Emma has actually had 7, 4 of which were due to VP shunt problems...)

Are kids that stay at GKTW allowed to attend Extra Magic Hours?
I was wondering this the other day after a co-worker asked and I didn't know the answer.
My co-worker (the one I was talking to) will be in Disney at the same time and are trying to get together while down there. She mentioned extra magic hours and I didn't know what the answer was. There staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Thanks to anyone who has an answer to this

If you live in Virginia, I was wondering if you knew that Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA now has Sesame Street characters and some type of dining with Elmo. I know they had it for the opening a few weeks ago. You might want to check out their website. Seaworld and Busch Gardens are all owned by the same company.

I hope you all have a wonderful trip. You deserve it! Snow White is a very lucky lady to have such a cutie admiring her!! Best wishes!

Thanks for the info. I did know that Busch Gardens just opened a Sesame Street Section and that you can have breakfast with Elmo. If I can't get her into it in Orlando we're going to do it in Williamsburg this summer.

I just found your trip report! I am glad you get to stay at GKTW. I am so happy you solved the Crocs problem too! I can't wait to hear more of your plans. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter