Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

More questions!

I see that lots of people start a Pre-Trip Report. Should I do that also? Where should I post it? Here since it's a MAW trip or in the main board?

Here is a picture of Faith with her surprise goodies from her Wish Granters.

She was a wee bit overwhelmed by it all! :cool1:

15163815317_3353eb6c44.jpg
[/url]Goodies from the Wish Granters by Allyson244, on Flickr[/IMG]

I was told we won't hear from MAW till 7 days prior to our trip for the packet. I don't know if that is standard or not.

It must depend on area. We've been in contact with our wish granters on a regular basis since they met with us in May. We got our flight info via email in July(?), and days after that got a packet with the flight details & a listing of a couple of other things (we are getting tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party). D's Wish Party is this Sunday, 9 days before he leaves, and that date was picked by us.

So yeah...t-minus 12 days for us. Obviously I was confused about our parks in my last post. I think we are going to play going to Epcot by ear. Everything I have heard is that MrMeow and I will like it more than the kiddos.

I'm trying to be SUPER casual and go-with-the-flow. This vacation shouldn't be stressing me out so much!

So since we got confirmation of our dates, I have been trying to get reservations. One of the places we REALLY want to eat is at Ohana for dinner. The only reservation I could get was at 9:45 at night!

Is there any way that we can hope for an early reservation---even if it means calling the restaurant and seeing what they can do for us. I know at 945 at night, Reese would never make it.

Hi :wave2: I'm new here. I just posted in the main disABILITIES forum an introduction. We met with my daughters Wish Granters on Sunday. We have not heard anything back yet but my daughters wish is to go to Florida and get Superheroes autographs.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and finally getting to 10 posts so I can post pictures!

:welcome: Lots of great reports on here!! Will help you pass the time waiting!!! Congrats on your daughters wish!!! Love that she wants to meet Superheroes!!!!

Question regarding FastPass. I was going to set up a FastPass for the Wishes Fireworks but it doesn't appear that I can because we don't have our tickets yet. We don't get those until orientation at GKTW. Has anyone set up a fastpass prior to getting your tickets?

Hi everyone. Still waiting on our dates. It's only been a week since Faith's Wish Granters were here, but it's so exciting! Hard to wait. :goodvibes

I have another question for you all.....

We are hoping to bring our adult children with us. How does it work when additional people who are not part of the Wish Trip join in? I know that they can stay at GKTW with us but what about admission to the parks? Do we need to buy their admissions?

Hi everyone. Still waiting on our dates. It's only been a week since Faith's Wish Granters were here, but it's so exciting! Hard to wait. :goodvibes

I have another question for you all.....

We are hoping to bring our adult children with us. How does it work when additional people who are not part of the Wish Trip join in? I know that they can stay at GKTW with us but what about admission to the parks? Do we need to buy their admissions?

My Dad went with us last year on my sons MAW trip and he had to pay his own way for the parks. However, since he was staying with us at GKTW they let him eat all his meals their for free.

Hope you get the dates you are looking for. Have a magical time!

Jackie

Quick Question regarding Sea World. I know I read on someone's trip report that there are specific times to feed the dolphins and you don't want to miss it. Does anyone know what they are or any more info about it?

Just stopping by to say hello.

Not much new to report for us. I'm still driving myself a bit batty trying to plan for something that I can't plan for!

We are walking in our local Walk For Wishes on Sunday. Well, we are walking and Faith is rolling. :thumbsup2 We not only hit our fundraising goal, we doubled it!

Hope all is well with everyone. :goodvibes

Quick Question regarding Sea World. I know I read on someone's trip report that there are specific times to feed the dolphins and you don't want to miss it. Does anyone know what they are or any more info about it?
The times change, sometimes daily, but usually the first feeding is around 9:15. Then every hour to hour and a half- sometimes sooner. Make sure you grab a times guide as you walk into the park. They should have the times in there. :goodvibes

So since we got confirmation of our dates, I have been trying to get reservations. One of the places we REALLY want to eat is at Ohana for dinner. The only reservation I could get was at 9:45 at night!

Is there any way that we can hope for an early reservation---even if it means calling the restaurant and seeing what they can do for us. I know at 945 at night, Reese would never make it.
Keep in mind when you call the restaurant you aren't calling the restaurant but a call center.

I'm not sure when your trip is but you have to start stalking the DIS Dining reservations board http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180

Also checking MDE numerous times a day. It can get frustrating. Good luck in your search. pixiedust:

Hi everyone!

We heard from Faith's Wish Granters today. No dates yet, but we did get a couple small tidbits of news.

I'm not sure if this is just our chapter or not, but a new policy was put in place that allows children who are under 21, but not physically at home due to being away at college to be counted in the wish! So that means that Faith's two older brothers will be included! :banana:

Then they gave us just enough information to get us even more excited for Faith.... they are working on some surprises to make sure she gets lots of character autographs since that was her wish - to get superhero autographs.

I can't wait to see her little face light up!

We also walked this weekend in our local MAW Walk For Wishes. It was cold but we had a lot of fun with Team Faith!

Hope everyone is doing well.

15263154067_8212148ca4.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Allyson244, on Flickr[/IMG]

I just figured out that seaword is only open late on the weekend when we are there and only doing the christmas stuff on the weekend. The problem is that we arrive on Sunday. Our plane lands at 10:30. How long do you think it would take to get our rental, get to GKTW, get tickets (I will have to request special orientation), and I guess to get our villa (will it be ready at 11/12?), grab lunch on the go and get to seaworld. Original plan was to hang at GKTW on sunday and do Seaword on Monday but I really think we will like the nighttime stuff. Opnions?

I have a few questions regarding Twinkle Hope’s La Ti Da Royal Spa at GKTW.

Bit of backstory....

We ordered the vacation planning DVD from WDW so Faith could have video to watch. Naturally one of the very first things she spots is BBB. Now, all she talks about is how she wants to be turned into a princess. princess:

That is great, and I want her trip to be as magical as possible. BUT....

Due to her 18p- she has a very distended stomach and it is almost impossible to find off the rack dresses, or anything that buttons, snaps or zips that fits her. Now add in that her feet are extremely wide and often quite swollen with edema. We have never found a pair of "dressy" shoes she can wear. She also has extreme sensory issues. She does not like her hair or face touched.

Do you see my problems with BBB? :lmao:

So I am trying to get creative to make her Princess still happen and I am open to any ideas y'all might have!

What is done at Twinkle Hope’s La Ti Da Royal Spa?

Does anyone know if it is possible to paint Crocs? I think I could make them silver sparkly. :thumbsup2

Anyone know of a source of sensory and size friendly Princess outfits? I am thinking of something like soft bike shorts with satin skirt paired with a Tshirt that is made to look like dress top. Am I dreaming here?

Then maybe we could make some magic happen at the Royal Spa. Nails? A tiara placed?

Thank you for any help!

(Mods, may I also post this in the main forum?)

(Mods, may I also post this in the main forum?)

Absolutely!

I'm not familiar with Twinkle Hope's La Ti Da Royal Spa since we have not been to GKTW. But there are many guests who try to give their daughters' a princess experience without BBB. Another option might be the Harmony Barbershop -- they'll do pixie dust and maybe a hair tie. My DD is also very sensitive to anyone touching her hair but she loves a trim at the Barbershop on Main Street.

I think your ideas for a costume are fine... I'm sure you could use sparkle glue on the crocs -- just not sure how that would hold up if raining. Are you, or anyone you know, at all handy with sewing? Could you alter a princess dress found online or in a local store? My thought was to add material as side inserts that will make it larger. Depending how much you want to spend, you may find something on Etsy (but it may be pricey). Or you definitely find lots of "princess" looking t-shirts that will work well and probably be much more comfortable than a costume dress. If not the spa, I'm sure you could do her nails yourself at the room the night before -- find some pretty sparkly nail polish or maybe nail deco.

Enjoy your vacation!

Absolutely!

I'm not familiar with Twinkle Hope's La Ti Da Royal Spa since we have not been to GKTW. But there are many guests who try to give their daughters' a princess experience without BBB. Another option might be the Harmony Barbershop -- they'll do pixie dust and maybe a hair tie. My DD is also very sensitive to anyone touching her hair but she loves a trim at the Barbershop on Main Street.

I think your ideas for a costume are fine... I'm sure you could use sparkle glue on the crocs -- just not sure how that would hold up if raining. Are you, or anyone you know, at all handy with sewing? Could you alter a princess dress found online or in a local store? My thought was to add material as side inserts that will make it larger. Depending how much you want to spend, you may find something on Etsy (but it may be pricey). Or you definitely find lots of "princess" looking t-shirts that will work well and probably be much more comfortable than a costume dress. If not the spa, I'm sure you could do her nails yourself at the room the night before -- find some pretty sparkly nail polish or maybe nail deco.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you! I do have a sewing machine but have not done much in about 10 years. Maybe if I can find some down time I will browse Etsy and then dust it off!

My son Colton is going to Disney for his make a wish trip at the end of this month!!!! He is so excited!

Goodmorning everyone!

Even without exact dates, we are starting a very rough itinerary. I have some questions about Legoland.

We are trying to figure out if this is something we should do while we have the GKTW button, or if we should do it during the time we are extending.

Does the GKTW button make the visit to Legoland extra special? Is there anything that we can do with the button that would not happen during a normal visit?

Faith is interested in going to Legoland, but it's the boys who are really REALLY wanting to go. If it is something that is made special by the button then we will hit it on the last day of the Wish Trip, after we check out of GKTW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter