• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

I have some ADR's to cancel during the week of 11/9 - 11/15. I know that some wish families don't have the option of choosing reservations 180 days out, so I want to offer them to any wish families first. I don't have any 'Ohana, Akershus, Cinderella's Royal Table, or Be Our Guest to release, but I do have a couple Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare (both character meals) plus a few others. Please PM me if you are interested in what I might have, otherwise I will offer them on the November cancellation thread. I would like to clear these reservations out this weekend. Thanks!

What appliances do the kitchens in the Villas have?
Toaster?
Oven?
Microwave?

Thanks.

They have a microwave, small stove, dishwasher, I do not believe an oven. I'm Pretty sure a toaster. Honestly we never used any of it except the microwave.

I have a video on my fb of the villa, it's under Mindy Carpenter and was posted Sept 29, 2013 if you wanna check it out. I just went and watched it. We did have a toaster and a blender. No oven, and stove is like a 2 burner, counter top

Awesome - thanks! We're just trying to think through breakfast ideas for days we want to leave earlier than they have food available.

There's definitely options!! We ordered pizza one night, ate it for breakfast lol. I also stopped the breakfast cart and got cereal, milk, and bagels for the next day once.

LOL, DH just suggested ordering pizza and having it for breakfast, too. Never would have thought of snagging breakfast cart items for next day, though. Thanks for the idea.

LOL, DH just suggested ordering pizza and having it for breakfast, too. Never would have thought of snagging breakfast cart items for next day, though. Thanks for the idea.

Not a problem!!! See, great minds think alike!!! That's what's great!! If you can have ice cream for breakfast, why not pizza? Lol

If you haven't see this already, here is a FAQ link, tells what all the villa has!!!
http://www.gktw.org/pre/faq/

Question for everyone....we are going Nov 17th to Nov 21st and haven't been able to get a reservation for one place. Is this normal? Will cancellations pop up?

We were looking for the following:
Hollywood and Vine @ Hollywood Studio for 11-21
Be Our Guest for dinner for 11/19 or 11/21 or would even take lunch on 11/19.

Would love any suggestions.

Cancellations do pop up. Keep trying, and make sure you let them know your a wish family. I know people that couldn't get res. so they went and asked, and GOT IN!!!! So, don't give up!!! People do start booking at midnight the day they can!

I think be our guest for lunch is counter service and you don't need a reservation?

And people book reservations 180 days out (farthest you can) which kind of makes it a pain when you don't get your wish dates until a few months before you leave.

I tried 180 days out from our trip dates and by 11am there was nothing. I'm thinking of calling Disney and seeing if they can put us on a wait list or something:

Thank you everyone! I was getting nervous. This is all so new and exciting. I will keep trying and if not I will ask them while we are there.

I thought I heard Lunch at Be Our Guest is no reservations. I have been reading all these amazing posts are so informative. The only catch to that the Beast is only there at dinner. Which is ok.

I am so thankful for this board and everyone. Planning away! :love:

BOG for dinner is one of the hardest-to-get ADRs. The best advice I've seen is to keep trying, even once you arrive.

Thank you everyone! I was getting nervous. This is all so new and exciting. I will keep trying and if not I will ask them while we are there.

I thought I heard Lunch at Be Our Guest is no reservations. I have been reading all these amazing posts are so informative. The only catch to that the Beast is only there at dinner. Which is ok.

I am so thankful for this board and everyone. Planning away! :love:

Although BOG lunch is counter service, they have Fast Passes for it (as, apparently, the line can be quite long). I've not been since BOG opened, but there is a big thread about it (well, there are many threads, but this one says FAQ, so it seemed a good one to link to).

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3310867

ETA - I did actually have a point! You might want to look into getting a FP. The FAQ seems to suggest you need to be at an onsite hotel, but they may be able/willing to make an exception for a MAW family at GKTW.

Thank you everyone for all your tips.

I called today to just check again and I spoke to an amazing women who gave me the following advice.

She said Sept -Dec is booked for dinning. This happens due to Fast Passes. She said to go from your dates....so mine our Nov 17-23rd. She said starting Sept 17-23 call everyday and night (a great time to call is 10-11pm eastern) because once people link the fast passes 60 days prior what they don't use drops off the reservation hold.

FINGERS CROSSED:thumbsup2

I think BOG fastpasses only open up about 3 weeks prior. So it's probably way too early at this point for November dates. However, to my knowledge one must have an onsite reservation number and email code to reserve a BOG FP. As PP mentions, though, maybe someone on the phone can work some magic for a WISH trip to get one -- try again this fall (and again, and again ;)). BOG FP is not linked to the regular FP+ system.

Best of luck and enjoy your vacation!

Hi.
Were any of your children foster children when their wish was granted? My foster child who has been with us for 2 years and has a severe bleeding disorder would love to meet Mickey Mouse.
Thanks.

We may have our dates. We should hear back about flights, but it seems to be December 7th through the 13th. (Sunday to Saturday)

DH and I were talking and since this will be a once in a lifetime trip for her---we have putting away birthday money, etc and really don't plan on saying no to many souvenirs, etc.

I definitely want to do the fill the potato head box for her---she LOVES Mr. Potato Head.

Any other different/unique souvenirs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter