Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Okay, I finally started the pretrip report. Think I got the hang of it, thank goodness for that first page of helpful links on this thread!! It's not much yet, but its a start. Well, come check it out! Now for the rest of Sunday :laundy:, boo! Link is in the usual spot (under the sig).

We got back very late Saturday night. The trip was absolutely wonderful, despite quite a bit of rain. I am in major GKTW withdrawal now and feel sad every time that I think about how wonderful and magical that place is. I kept crying on the way home, aware that we were coming back to the reality of our lives. Happy tears, but a little sadness as well. It was simply magical.

We got home late Saturday night as well. Disney withdrawal has already set in. It was an amazing trip princess:

JWCJ said:
We got home late Saturday night as well. Disney withdrawal has already set in. It was an amazing trip princess:

Glad you had a great trip, cant wait to hear more!

Mom2M07 said:
We got back very late Saturday night. The trip was absolutely wonderful, despite quite a bit of rain. I am in major GKTW withdrawal now and feel sad every time that I think about how wonderful and magical that place is. I kept crying on the way home, aware that we were coming back to the reality of our lives. Happy tears, but a little sadness as well. It was simply magical.

Glad you had a great time! Sorry to say vacation depression doesnt get better. We have been back a month and still want to go back!!

Glad you both had a good time and glad to hear I a not the only one feeling sad. We got back on the 25th of April and I still feel sad. Was the most amazing place ever. Loved our time as a family too. Being back home has been a hard transition.
I cried on the way home too, my kids cried when we left GTKW.
It was such a loving, magical place....hard to be in reality. Lol!
Victoria

SO excited! Our Molly was granted her wish to "see the princesses" and we're heading to GKTW and WDW on May 15-21. We were originally scheduled for the beginning of December and all of the Christmas magic, but spent most of that month in the hospital. We are SO excited!!!:dance3:

SO excited! Our Molly was granted her wish to "see the princesses" and we're heading to GKTW and WDW on May 15-21. We were originally scheduled for the beginning of December and all of the Christmas magic, but spent most of that month in the hospital. We are SO excited!!!:dance3:

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Sad that you had to reschedule the last time but super awesome that you go very soon!!!

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope you have a magical time!!

Jackie

OK, I feel like a kid at Christmas time. I am so excited for my family. Prescott is gonna have an amazing time and I can''t wait!!! We have our meeting with the MAW wish granters this Thursday to get our itinerary and checks. Then today I check the mail and there is a brochure mailed from GKTW. The suspense is killing me. We fly out in 20 days. I have so much to get done for work and this trip, which usually causes time to fly. Not this month, though! Prescott is just finishing another round of antibiotics and we have quarantined our house by not allowing any neighbor kids over and encouraging my other boys to wash up after returning from school. Trying to keep germs at bay. I am crossing my fingers for a happy and healthy boy everyday, but especially in 20 days! So, what should I expect this Friday? Is this the final meeting with our wish granters or is there usually something else? Alright, thanks for letting me share with those who get it. :cool1:

Disney-Mother-s-Day-Wallpaper-disney-6039761-1024-768.jpg

Hope all the mamas have an AMAZING day :)

We finally got our dates!! July 20-26!! I'm so excited!!!! Btw, is anyone else having login issues with disboards?

Hey everyone! Ok so yesterday we met with the MAW coordinator. Just to find out what we do and kinda what MAW does so we know what to plan. We asked about the BBB boutique and eating with characters. They don't set up any of that stuff cuz they don't want to put time restrictions on us at all on our trip which is great and we kinda expected it....so now we are hoping to save $ so that we can do the boutique (3 girls....11, 9, 5) cuz I think all 3 would love it and possibly for the meal with characters. So 2 questions....1) About what is the price to eat with characters and is it really worth it? I know some people say you see all the characters at the parks and GKTW and when you eat they just kinda stop by and say hi so wasn't sure if it is worth trying to get a reservation.
2) I know the BBB is a bit spendy which is totally fine....is it worth it (we would try for the one in the castle) and about how long does it take....I don't know if we would do it if it takes up half the day.

Have a terrific day :)

Hey everyone! Ok so yesterday we met with the MAW coordinator. Just to find out what we do and kinda what MAW does so we know what to plan. We asked about the BBB boutique and eating with characters. They don't set up any of that stuff cuz they don't want to put time restrictions on us at all on our trip which is great and we kinda expected it....so now we are hoping to save $ so that we can do the boutique (3 girls....11, 9, 5) cuz I think all 3 would love it and possibly for the meal with characters. So 2 questions....1) About what is the price to eat with characters and is it really worth it? I know some people say you see all the characters at the parks and GKTW and when you eat they just kinda stop by and say hi so wasn't sure if it is worth trying to get a reservation.
2) I know the BBB is a bit spendy which is totally fine....is it worth it (we would try for the one in the castle) and about how long does it take....I don't know if we would do it if it takes up half the day.

Have a terrific day :)

Although I can't give you much info seeing as how we haven't even gone yet, we too are going to the BBB and also eating with characters. I got a lot of advice about the character dining, most disers saying that the Ashkers(sp?) is a better option bc chances are you will see more princesses there and it's cheaper than CRT, but after much debate we decided to just spend the 225 and eat at the castle. To me it wasnt a big price defference, it seemed about the same price at both places and were doing the BBB in the castle right before so we didnt want to travel far afterwards for lunch. Now I know though that Belle isn't a regular anymore because she has BOG so she stays over that way, so we just made the plan to go there as well for lunch another day, dinner reservations are booked up until like September! I think it's well worth the money since its a once in a lifetime experience and really who wouldn't want to see and eat in cinderellas castle? As for BBB, our coordinators made the appt for us at noon, but said they had no pull with character dining, so we were lucky they had spots open at CRT. Of course I think the price for the boutique is well worth it, bc it too is a once in a a lifetime experience. About the prices though, you are allowed to bring your own costumes so you won't have to pay the close to 200 for the ultimate package with the costumes and accessories. I think the package were going with is going to be like 55 and its everything the ultimate package offers minus the costume and you can always add on the photo package for an extra 30 and you still get a frame! I hope that helps!

On our MAW trip, we did not do any Characters Breakfast or Dinners, & we did not get to do BBB either.
On our return trip, we did eat at Cinderella's Castle for breakfast to celebrate DD's Birthday. We did not do BBB because at this time DD did not like her hair upon her head, LOL, I knew that if I paid for it she would not let it last long & I did not want to waste that much money, now I would have tried it if I could have gotten an appiontment close to the time of our reservations, but we could not. We had an early reservations because I wanted to get into the park before it opened. We were the first in line to see Merida that day & by the time DD was tired, we had rode most of the rides that she wanted to do that day.
I think Cinderella's Castle is something everyone should try at least once, we were fortunate enough to get to go to Disney World a second time & I wanted to make sure it was something we done this time.
DD did dress up, she dressed up as Merida, with the shoes & dress that I bought before we went, we left the bow & arrows at home, LOL. She did wear leggings & a Merida t-shirt underneath, I also took a pair of shoes for her to change into when she wanted to.
Everyone just be prepared for Magic Kingdom to be busier than the other parks, it is the most popular one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter