Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

I have to admit I have been stressing myself out trying to plan and schedule so that Nate doesn't miss anything. I emailed another Wish mom I saw on the boards that had already went to Disney and GKTW. They had awesome matching shirts on that turned out to be from "The Big Give". Wow... THEY WERE AWESOME... anyway... this wonderful and SMART Mom told me that they didn't see everything and they just went with the flow. Some days they just didn't go anywhere and stayed at GKTW. Her words made me realize that we DIDNT have to see everything and would have a great time. Nate will be happy with whatever we do and I will just have to let my ADD brain take a vacation, relax and enjoy our needed time together as a family. We have been on an awful ride through Cancer for the last 3.5 years and now it's time for us to have a great time. It will be ok if we don't stay late enough for the parade or make it to every park. I'm ok with that now. I refuse to stress everyone out with my overplanning, including myself. I just wanted to share because I can bet that there is another Mom out there just like me... who may need to hear the same words.

Thank you! I am the same way....My mind wont stop racing with information. I look at the books and DVDs and online at all we can do. And I want Jerzey to have an incredible time but I need to just step back and enjoy....we don't leave until November so I have some time!!! LOL I still need to get her PreTrip Report done....oops....:confused3
Its comforting to know others are thinking about it just as much as me!!! Now if only I could get the sad moments out of my head as well :rolleyes2 that remind me why we are going....think happy think happy think happy!;)

Hey guys! So I was thinking today about alex's wheelchair situation. We'll be taking her BIG permobil electric wheelchair with us if we go, has anyone ever taken one with them on a MAW trip? Did the limo still pick u up to take u to the airplane? How was it transported? And once you're checking in to the airport, how easy is it to check it in?

Just got back last night and all three of my kids cried when we left, most magical time and wonderful family vacation, so excited for all of you to experience it! For those of you planning, it is impossible to see everything.....we had a plan that went out the window the kids loved GTKW and wanted to go back for things there. Plus it is hit ( we are from MN so really hit for us) and a lot of walking. You will enjoy no matter what you do! :)
Victoria

Just got back last night and all three of my kids cried when we left, most magical time and wonderful family vacation, so excited for all of you to experience it! For those of you planning, it is impossible to see everything.....we had a plan that went out the window the kids loved GTKW and wanted to go back for things there. Plus it is hit ( we are from MN so really hit for us) and a lot of walking. You will enjoy no matter what you do! :)
Victoria

We need pictures, a Trip Report, details .... anything!

I haven't posted in a while and I"m way behind on my reading but wanted to let everyone know that Holden had his monthly check-up yesterday and we are still in remission :yay: He also started daycare!! What a huge step for him and his family!

Unfortunately, MAW wise, they have not heard anything yet. The trip was supposed to take place in June but it's almost May and still nothing. A few weeks ago the Volunteer, Beth, called Holden's mom to tell her that she had lost ALL of her documents :rolleyes1 and Traci had to start from scratch. I was not a happy camper about it but Traci just went with the flow. She emailed Beth yesterday because Beth had mentioned that we should hear back within a week but it's been over two and still no word.

I must say I'm not too sure how all of this is supposed to work but so far, I'm not very impressed. I understand that it's volunteers and it's a tough job but I just couldn't believe that Beth lost all of the paperwork the family had done two months prior! Holden was submitted for a MAW in June of 2012 so we are almost at the one year mark since this started. Oh well. :confused3 We'll continue waiting.......patiently (at least, I'll try hahaha).

Hope everyone else is doing well. :grouphug:

Hi guys!! I have a TON of questions about our wish trip but not many replies. Please head over to my thread and help!!! I haven't been able to find many answers myself. Thank you!!:worried:

Woo hoo!! Weve still got to get medical approval, but July 11-17 are being reserved for us!!! So excited!!!:cheer2:

Trip might be rescheduled. Flight is scheduled for 11:55pm tomorrow night. Jace has a fever hovering between 100F - 101F. Bloodwork shows her neuts at 4300, so she's fighting whatever the problem is. If fever goes down, we should be okay to go; if it stays above 100F, we're cancelled.

SO. FREAKING. CLOSE. I have no idea how I'll tell the girls if we have to put this off. :sad:

Trip might be rescheduled. Flight is scheduled for 11:55pm tomorrow night. Jace has a fever hovering between 100F - 101F. Bloodwork shows her neuts at 4300, so she's fighting whatever the problem is. If fever goes down, we should be okay to go; if it stays above 100F, we're cancelled.

SO. FREAKING. CLOSE. I have no idea how I'll tell the girls if we have to put this off. :sad:

Healing thoughts that she feels better very quick! :goodvibes

Oh no. Prayers that Jace feels better and that the right decision (whatever it has to be) gets made.

Oh no!!! Keep us posted!!! Hope Jace feels better!!!!

Prayers for Jace! Keep us posted! I will post more details of our trip soon. Soooo amazing but we are all super tired! :). Quick overview, we did all four parks and for Disney ( our favorite was Animal Kingdom and Hollywood. Most Pixie Dust at AK. Jack got picked to do Lion King show and was beaming and his siblings too). For us, I was most disappointed in MK.....92 hot humid and cranky CM's. :(. No Pixie dust.....that was the park I was most excited about too. But that was the only bump so I didn't let it bother me much. Loved Sea World and did Universal too as a half day at Gatorland, jack really wanted to do that. He loved feeding the alligators! :). Loved beyond words GTKW. So awesome! My kids loved being there so much too. Jack cried when we left. Al the theme nights are awesome. Our favorite was Christmas and the Ayors birthday. Oh and the tuck in too by mayor Clayton. My kids loved the merry go around too. Couple of things.....I wish I had prepared Jack for all the photos...by day 3 he was sick of characters and getting pics taken. I should have prepped him a bit more. And him and I both got bad heat rash.....also called Disney rash. Use aloe if you get it. We ate at Tusker house, we all loved the food and experince, Tony ( we loved it!) and French restaurant in Epcot...Le Chef I think? Overpriced and not good food or service, but it was my daughters 12th birthday and she really wanted to try it. Jack loved all the ice cream at GTKW, he thought it was so awesome. It was great to be in such a loving, warm place. Honestly sad to be home. :(. Truly was magical and we feel so close as a family, really magical. We were told a van would bring us home, but it was a limo so that was another awesome surprise! We had to buy more luggage for all the stuff the kids got and bought. :). Kids got to see **** pit on airplane and board first, very cool!
Sorry for rambling, so much running in my head! Also, I over packed....with having laundry I could have caked about 1/3. Lol!
Victoria

So sorry to hear that....sending lots of hugs and love your way....keep us posted! FEEL BETTER JACE :sick:

Prayers for Jace! Keep us posted! I will post more details of our trip soon. Soooo amazing but we are all super tired! :). Quick overview, we did all four parks and for Disney ( our favorite was Animal Kingdom and Hollywood. Most Pixie Dust at AK. Jack got picked to do Lion King show and was beaming and his siblings too). For us, I was most disappointed in MK.....92 hot humid and cranky CM's. :(. No Pixie dust.....that was the park I was most excited about too. But that was the only bump so I didn't let it bother me much. Loved Sea World and did Universal too as a half day at Gatorland, jack really wanted to do that. He loved feeding the alligators! :). Loved beyond words GTKW. So awesome! My kids loved being there so much too. Jack cried when we left. Al the theme nights are awesome. Our favorite was Christmas and the Ayors birthday. Oh and the tuck in too by mayor Clayton. My kids loved the merry go around too. Couple of things.....I wish I had prepared Jack for all the photos...by day 3 he was sick of characters and getting pics taken. I should have prepped him a bit more. And him and I both got bad heat rash.....also called Disney rash. Use aloe if you get it. We ate at Tusker house, we all loved the food and experince, Tony ( we loved it!) and French restaurant in Epcot...Le Chef I think? Overpriced and not good food or service, but it was my daughters 12th birthday and she really wanted to try it. Jack loved all the ice cream at GTKW, he thought it was so awesome. It was great to be in such a loving, warm place. Honestly sad to be home. :(. Truly was magical and we feel so close as a family, really magical. We were told a van would bring us home, but it was a limo so that was another awesome surprise! We had to buy more luggage for all the stuff the kids got and bought. :). Kids got to see **** pit on airplane and board first, very cool!
Sorry for rambling, so much running in my head! Also, I over packed....with having laundry I could have caked about 1/3. Lol!
Victoria

OH GOSH!!! It sounds amazing!!!! I can't wait until we get to experience it all :) Thanks for the tips! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!! :dance3:

Right now we're a go. Fever is gone, and energy seems to still be there. Flight doesn't leave for another 11 1/2 hours, so we have plenty of time to cancel if something goes wrong. What a roller coaster :sad2:

Right now we're a go. Fever is gone, and energy seems to still be there. Flight doesn't leave for another 11 1/2 hours, so we have plenty of time to cancel if something goes wrong. What a roller coaster :sad2:

Prayers & Safe Travels!!!

JWCJ said:

Thank God, hope you have the best vacation ever. Hope all stays well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!