Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

TOPDOGIE01 - Thank you so much for the information. This is awesome. Can I ask you, did you have to book this or does MAW do this for you?

Can anyone tell me about the weather in November? Should we be packing fall clothes or still shorts etc.

TOPDOGIE01 - Can you tell me a little bit about the Jake and the Pirates Package. Our Little Wish Guy is 3 and obsessed with Jake the Pirate.

The weather in fl in Nov varies. In my experience it's been warm. We've swam in Dec! However, I've also been when it was kinda cold.

You are correct on the Disney tickets. Universal should be good until the end of the calendar yr. As far as the GKTW button, it is only valid on your wish trip dates :-(.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can give my boys to help ease pressure while flying, and get those ears popping?? Last yr I tried skittles, and it was a no go (they both have autism). The suckers they just ate, Didn't suck.....

Kristi77 said:
TOPDOGIE01 - Thank you so much for the information. This is awesome. Can I ask you, did you have to book this or does MAW do this for you?

My make a wish is offering to book it, your local one may have different policy. Never hurts to ask. Im still not sure if child would rather do something else so im trying to get him to tell me. He keeps showing me stitch but about the only place for stitch is ohanas breakfast, and occasionally tomorrow land.

moe10378 said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can give my boys to help ease pressure while flying, and get those ears popping?? Last yr I tried skittles, and it was a no go (they both have autism). The suckers they just ate, Didn't suck.....

Uhm do they like music? Chewing/sucking on things doesn't help me. Using headphones that cover the ear while playing music with a lot of bass helps me. Could try earbuds and ear muff sound mufflers (the over the ear alternative to earplugs)

Uhm do they like music? Chewing/sucking on things doesn't help me. Using headphones that cover the ear while playing music with a lot of bass helps me. Could try earbuds and ear muff sound mufflers (the over the ear alternative to earplugs)

Thank you for the suggestions. Due to sensory issues, they will not wear headphones. Maybe I can try to download some Barney and see if they'll use earbuds....

This is a little ridiculous, but the only time I've flown with kids, my middle child was 18 months and was too distracted to nurse, so I did a lot of making myself yawn while she was looking at me, and it made her yawn and got her ears to pop. :)

We have our approval from MAW and our trip dates!!! 2/22-2/28/15!!! EXCITEMENT!!!
PTR coming soon!

MamaMouse to C (DD, 3, wish kid) and Z (DS, 3)

When did you all find out trip details? Like character meals or special trip details and travel intinerary? I just want to be able to start planning ahead for a possible ADR and plan out which park on which day, etc

We're still anticipating an October trip and have ZERO information. We have no idea what dates, let alone flight times or anything like that. I'm going crazy. I just want to start figuring out what days to go where and make an attempt at some dining reservations. And DH's work KIND OF wants to know when he's going to be gone... I feel like calling them every day to ask is a little too naggy, but when we met with them in June we emphasized that DH works in a small office, so the more advance notice we can get the better, to make it easier on everyone he works with. (Only 1 person from his team can be out at a time, so right now he's got the whole month of October blocked off, and literally nobody else can reserve vacation time until he relinquishes the days he doesn't need... it's not making him popular.)

mamamousejess said:
When did you all find out trip details? Like character meals or special trip details and travel intinerary? I just want to be able to start planning ahead for a possible ADR and plan out which park on which day, etc

I found out our confirmed dates about a month ago? We were asked when doing the paperwork what dates were good for us. We know our flight information, and that we are staying at the grand because we asked to be on property (was grand, poly *under construction when we would be there for the pool and main building*, and contemporary). We think we know the special thing because they asked us to pick something he would like (jake and the Netherlands pirates Deluxe Package). They told us we could get a character meal rather than the Pirates Package if child would rather have that.

Whoo hoo! October 21-27. She said we wouldn't know travel details (airline, flight, times, or whether we can get tickets to MNSSHP) until October. Trying not to let that stress me out.

So... if we're traveling on the 21st and 27th, and have 3 days disney, 2 days universal, and 1 day sea world... how does that work out? We have to hope we have late flights out and can hit one of the parks on the day we leave??

Sarahtar we are going the 18th to the 24th. We just learned our flight times. We are not planning on doing much of anything the last day and are arriving at the airport at 130 the day of arrival. Good luck with all the planning.

We aren't going through MAW, we are going through. A Special Wish, but we have known our dates and flight info since late May (we fly out Sept 28).

As far as the passes you get, it's up to you how to arrange it. Some people drop a park or two. Some try to get two parks in one day..... Makes for a very tiring wk! We coulda stayed at GKTW the entire wk and been happy!!!! No matter how you arrange it, your gonna have the best time, and make some amazing memories!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter