Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
krystle said:
hey yall we had james reveal party last night he is so excited. still has a smile on his face this morning ill try to link the new footage on here so yall can see. this is such an amazing oppurnity (didn't spell that right) for our kids and im so happy that all of us get to do it for our kids. just to let them be a kids for a week and not have to worry what the nest doctor visit holds. my husband was camera shy but ill try to link them.
http://nwahomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=403932
http://5newsonline.com/2013/02/10/fayetteville-boy-is-granted-his-greatest-wish/

That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

So fun to see and share in everyone's excitement! We did a countdown chain yesterday, 63 days until we go. Super excited! So at GTKW ou get a 3 day pass right to WDW? We were thinking of doing MK first day, Epcot one day then AK one day too. Do you suggest staying at the park all day and then watching fireworks? Or driving back and forth for a break in between? We aren't really a morning family so if we went mid morning could we last until fireworks? Our kids are 8 (wish kid), his twin and our daughter 11 but celebrating her 12 birthday while we are there. We will have rest days in between too. Also, I had TS ar MK but sounds like not great food t Liberty restaurant or Tonys. Should we just do CS? And if so where?

So, we are super excited! We got Prescott's dates yesterday!!!! It seems so real now. We will be flying out on 5/31 and will be at GKTW till 6/6, then we are extending and flying home 6/9. It couldn't have better timing as Prescott had surgery and had to stay in the hospital longer due to complications last week. So, it was refreshing to have some good ol fashioned happiness delivered by phone! Yay!:banana:

Oneplustwins said:
So fun to see and share in everyone's excitement! We did a countdown chain yesterday, 63 days until we go. Super excited! So at GTKW ou get a 3 day pass right to WDW? We were thinking of doing MK first day, Epcot one day then AK one day too. Do you suggest staying at the park all day and then watching fireworks? Or driving back and forth for a break in between? We aren't really a morning family so if we went mid morning could we last until fireworks? Our kids are 8 (wish kid), his twin and our daughter 11 but celebrating her 12 birthday while we are there. We will have rest days in between too. Also, I had TS ar MK but sounds like not great food t Liberty restaurant or Tonys. Should we just do CS? And if so where?

Yes, you will receive three day park hopper passes to Disney, 2 day park to park at Universal and one day passes to seaworld.

So, we are super excited! We got Prescott's dates yesterday!!!! It seems so real now. We will be flying out on 5/31 and will be at GKTW till 6/6, then we are extending and flying home 6/9. It couldn't have better timing as Prescott had surgery and had to stay in the hospital longer due to complications last week. So, it was refreshing to have some good ol fashioned happiness delivered by phone! Yay!:banana:

that is so exciting. It is so exciting to get the date n starts planning. So I have a questions our dates ate 17 to the 23 so we will moss a day at something any suggestions on how mix the days. How did yall extend ur days? Did u have to pay for different tickets n did u get to stay at gktw

Yay for dates!!! We will be there the same time! June 2-8. What great timing to get your dates now!

that is so exciting. It is so exciting to get the date n starts planning. So I have a questions our dates ate 17 to the 23 so we will moss a day at something any suggestions on how mix the days. How did yall extend ur days? Did u have to pay for different tickets n did u get to stay at gktw

Some chapters let you extend. Some do not. Ours is one that does not let you extend. I would ask whoever is in charge of granting your sons wish and ask them if extending is something you wanted to do.

This past week has been SO hard waiting for Trev's test results! I'm praying we can hold off on surgery at least another year. This is the closest we have come to him possibly needing his pulmonary valve conduit and it makes me anxious! Hopefully these will be baseline tests and he can wait a few more years for his next surgery!

I hope everyone going on there trips in the next few weeks has a magical time!

Jackie

At MK there is a Wish lounge, same with Epcot. So if you needed a break you could go there, a CM gets you in and you can hang out. I have read some TRs on how their kids have even taken a little nap in there. They also have a restroom and water bottles. So if you took advantage of that, with the age of your kids, you could probably make it to fireworks.

Like someone else said, some chapters allow it. I know ours does but we weren't going to do that. I know some people have saved some of their tickets for their extended days. So that allows them to take in more of what GKTW offers, as far as entertainment there and other park tickets they have (Legoland, Gatorland, Aquatica, Sea World, etc). And then use the WDW or Univeral after they chedkout of GKTW. You only stay at GKTW a week, typically, so people usually have to pay for a hotel. Their chapter will still pay for airfare, and food if they saved some of their provided money.

YEA for dates!!! :cheer2:

Question we are flying into Orlando on Saturday at 4pm and plan on going to MK for the evening. I realize this will be an expensive evening, but can't pass up the opportunity for the boys to ride a few rides. Should I go about trying to get a GAC for that night or just wear MAW shirts??

Question we are flying into Orlando on Saturday at 4pm and plan on going to MK for the evening. I realize this will be an expensive evening, but can't pass up the opportunity for the boys to ride a few rides. Should I go about trying to get a GAC for that night or just wear MAW shirts??

I would get a GAC as anyone can re-wear those shirts to try and get the benefits. Sad but true. Or buy them without any affiliation with MAW, to get the benefits.:mad:

Yay for getting to go to MK :cheer2: I know the chapters are different, but ours specifically told us that since the cruise is her wish, she doesn't qualify for any MAW perks at wdw, but they encourage her to wear her shirt & button. That said, I know a boy from our clinic (so same chapter) that wished for a cruise, and extended, and did have MAW privileges at wdw last month.

The countdown chain looks like a great idea. Maybe I'll start one in a couple of weeks so the girls can count down from the 2 month mark.... Of course, they might drive me crazy counting for that long.
I think with some quiet time - in the wish lounge or maybe a sit down meal - your kids would be old enough to last a full day. TS at MK is hard! I've heard some people love Liberty, some people don't. I'm tempted to make a dinner reservation because, well, UNLIMITED STUFFING. ;)

YAY for dates! And YAY for well timed good news!

Some chapters let you extend. Some do not. Ours is one that does not let you extend. I would ask whoever is in charge of granting your sons wish and ask them if extending is something you wanted to do.

This past week has been SO hard waiting for Trev's test results! I'm praying we can hold off on surgery at least another year. This is the closest we have come to him possibly needing his pulmonary valve conduit and it makes me anxious! Hopefully these will be baseline tests and he can wait a few more years for his next surgery!

I hope everyone going on there trips in the next few weeks has a magical time!

Jackie

We're not allowed to extend :( but that's thanks to the insurance issue. I can't imagine how pricey international travel insurance for Ja is :scared1:

Here's hoping the results come back soon and come back good!

Our update:

Poor Ja is grumpy, tired and ravenous thanks to a week of steroids and chemo. We're crossing our fingers that she'll feel well enough to go to school tomorrow for the Valentine's Day party.

My hair is getting shaved on Friday! Yay for the pink going away! Does it say something about how bright this hair is when I'm looking forward to getting my head shaved to get rid of it?!?! :rotfl2: Once I have pictures of Friday I'll post a few pics in the PTR.

I'm trying to research Florida beaches. We want to spend at least one day at a beach, since Ja has never seen the ocean. Anybody know about Florida beaches? We're thinking either Cocoa or Clearwater.

All right, off the computer and back to school Valentine making! How on earth do you guys with larger families do it? Having 2 munchkins in school is exhausting enough! :faint:

JWCJ said:
Our update:

Poor Ja is grumpy, tired and ravenous thanks to a week of steroids and chemo. We're crossing our fingers that she'll feel well enough to go to school tomorrow for the Valentine's Day party.

My hair is getting shaved on Friday! Yay for the pink going away! Does it say something about how bright this hair is when I'm looking forward to getting my head shaved to get rid of it?!?! :rotfl2: Once I have pictures of Friday I'll post a few pics in the PTR.

I'm trying to research Florida beaches. We want to spend at least one day at a beach, since Ja has never seen the ocean. Anybody know about Florida beaches? We're thinking either Cocoa or Clearwater.

All right, off the computer and back to school Valentine making! How on earth do you guys with larger families do it? Having 2 munchkins in school is exhausting enough! :faint:

I love Clearwater Beach!! There is a great restaurant over there as well called Frenchy's.

Hugs! My daughter had a port during her second battle with cancer and had a brovaic catheter when she was first diagnosed. The port is much better, hidden under the skin, she'll be able to do all things she could before with the port. They'll give you a numbing cream to apply before the port is accessed. We never had to do anything with the port. The only advice I'd give is, my DD hated with way the saline flush tasted, so when she was accessed we tried to make sure she had a sucker or gum.

The port is so much better than the brovaic. THat is a long tube that hangs out of their chest, from like an opened wound. We had to clean it and flush it. She couldn't swim, take baths, go camping, etc . She actually ended up breaking it and we had to rush her to the ER.

Sending prayers for your family. Our girl has beat cancer twice, and she's currently 1 year cancer free!

We didn't do oral chemo, but they were pretty good controlling her getting sick with zofran and adivan.

Yesterday was a long day...

Kara will be having surgery on the 20th to place a port in her chest, for a cycle of oral chemo and IV for at least a year. My husband and I have no idea what to expect :confused3 Is there anyone else who has gone through this? Any advice???

Looking very forward to tomorrow though! Kara's "wish friends" are coming!

:woohoo:

Our update:

My vote is for Clearwater! The gulf is the best and bluest water ever. You can see all the way to your toes! There are a few smaller beaches a little south that are a lot less busy. I think we hit up blackstone, or something like that! ;)

I got our trip itinerary today!! All I can say is WOW :cool1: MAW thinks and includes everything!!! We are staying at 2 very nice hotels and having a little party the night before at Old Chicago (pizza.) We get 2 limo rides as well! :cool1: The boys will be so excited!!! Its nice to have our reservation numbers so now I can do a little planning! :dance3:

Hugs! My daughter had a port during her second battle with cancer and had a brovaic catheter when she was first diagnosed. The port is much better, hidden under the skin, she'll be able to do all things she could before with the port. They'll give you a numbing cream to apply before the port is accessed. We never had to do anything with the port. The only advice I'd give is, my DD hated with way the saline flush tasted, so when she was accessed we tried to make sure she had a sucker or gum.

The port is so much better than the brovaic. THat is a long tube that hangs out of their chest, from like an opened wound. We had to clean it and flush it. She couldn't swim, take baths, go camping, etc . She actually ended up breaking it and we had to rush her to the ER.

Sending prayers for your family. Our girl has beat cancer twice, and she's currently 1 year cancer free!

We didn't do oral chemo, but they were pretty good controlling her getting sick with zofran and adivan.

1 year cancer free = AWESOME!!!!! :cool1::cool1:

So you think Clearwater is better than Coco beach? That is where we were planning on going, but I can't remember why. Lol!
I am soooooooo excited! Our whoe family is so nice to pan this and have it to look forward to rather than all my son's medical appointments and therapies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter