Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by maroo, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWCJ

JWCJ Mouseketeer

Kara's beautiful - and you can see her personality bursting through in those pics!
    Just wanted to give :hug: for tomorrow. I hope Kara does okay with her chemo. I am always a wreck on Ja's chemo days, even though she makes it seem like it's no big deal. Every single person has such different reactions, and there are so many different chemo treatments, and it can depend on how the person is feeling physically and mentally that day, it's really hard to know how things are going to go. :hug:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jas792

jas792 Earning My Ears

We are so excited we leave Sunday 5 am for GKTW...however, we are expecting snow storm yommorrow-- keeping my fingers crossed

Jo terry Anna Sarh and Mike

4. jas792

jas792 Earning My Ears

I just found out our wish orgaizatio didnt rent us a car. We have to use Mears..Has anyone had experience with this? How did it work out?

5. angel's momma

angel's momma DIS Veteran

Jo - Yay for leaving soon :cheer2: Praying about the weather :hug: Sorry about the rental car. I searched this thread, and there wasn't any mention of Mears. If you do a forum search though, there are threads.

6. JWCJ

JWCJ Mouseketeer

Here's hoping it's a quick storm! Or better yet, no storm. Or a little storm. Ok. Start again. Here's hoping you get on that plane and head straight for Orlando!
    I can't wait to hear all about it!

Talk to GKTW about how Mear works and you should be fine. I've seen threads on here about it, too.

7. LittleEsmom

LittleEsmom Mouseketeer

Sending Prayers and good Vibes :goodvibes your way that everyone will get to go!party:

8. LittleEsmom

LittleEsmom Mouseketeer

Fingers and toes crossed:thumbsup2

9. LittleEsmom

LittleEsmom Mouseketeer

Praying she feels better QUICK!

10. Kktraylor

Kktraylor Mouseketeer

I spoke with our wish coordinator. She told me that because they aren't in the home 100% there's no way they can be a part of trip at all. The only way is if we ride separately, stay in an offsite hotel, and they can only go to the parks together. This is just horrible. :-(

11. Rx774

Rx774 Mouseketeer

Wow, i can't believe that. But i guess they have a certain rule book that obviously covers this situation. Makes me wonder if all the kids were present at the time of their visit, would they have ever known any difference, in regards to them technically not living there. I'm not saying you would of been dishonest, just not "volunteer" that they don't live in the house. But i guess this is all mute at this point. I've seen them include grandparents, but only when it was a child alone.

So sorry to hear this.

12. JWCJ

JWCJ Mouseketeer

Oh, I'm so sorry :hug::sad1: That's odd that they wouldn't even let the kids stay at GKTW?!?!? Maybe it would bump your family into needing 2 villas instead of 1?
    Ugh, what a horrible situation.

13. kalimom6

kalimom6 Mouseketeer

What a bummer! I know I have read that some kids , as a part of their wish, they say they want certain people, that do not live with them, to come on the trip. Grandparent/s, best friend, one girl wanted her oldest sibling who was in her 20s and they allowed it. Although that last one was a trip to Hawaii, not Disney. And she had a big family still at home so it was abou 7 or 8 people already.
    How heartbreaking for you, to leave some kids out.:hug:

14. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much, I took her to the doctors today, she has an ear infection & maybe a virus. They gave her antibotics, will go back for a recheck in two weeks, we will be able to take the trip if everything is clear on recheck. We have only 15 days until we leave.
    Thanks for the prayers, keeping the faith!!

15. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

Thanks, she has an ear infection & they think a virus, I am hoping she gets better in time to go.
    Prayers work wonders, God Bless!

16. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

Thanks, They said she had an ear infection & maybe a virus too, they gave her antibotics, praying she will get better soon.

I am sorry to hear about not being able to take the other children, I know that they have certain rules & each chapter has it's own, not all of them are the same. Maybe something will work out somehow for you.
    You will be in my thought & prayers!

17. Kktraylor

Kktraylor Mouseketeer

I called GKTW earlier and talked to them. It looks like there's a possibility. :-). I have to email them our custody papers but she said she thinks it might be able to be approved. I sure hope so. I think it'll be a while before we find out though.

Kristy

18. LittleEsmom

LittleEsmom Mouseketeer

I am so sorry:confused3

19. 2012bella13

2012bella13 Mouseketeer

You have a beautiful daughter, she reminds me of my daughter Brook, she is 4 will be 5 soon, she had her wish in May 2011, she has Evans Syndrome, they say it is very rare, but I have discovered alot of people that have some kind of form of it, must of them are not exactly like my daughters though.

Your daughter, you & your family will be in my prayers.

20. wishin' on a star

wishin' on a star DIS Veteran

I am hoping and praying that you hear something soon, some positive news from GKTW on this. :goodvibes

21. LittleEsmom

LittleEsmom Mouseketeer

praying they say YYYEEESSS:cheer2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.