Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kayla, do you have a PTR threas somewhere? I would love to read about your DD. SHe sounds very similar to mine. I hope she gets to feeling better in time. I know if it were me, I would actually be glad to have my DD sick a week before because it would totally mean we were in the clear for our trip! I went to Joann's today to try to buy some fabric to make some Disney clothes for my DD. The trip was not a success due to a mean lady. Mean ladies are not supposed to be at the fabric store! On a happy note, our wish granter confirmed that we did get a spot at GKTW! :cool1:

Thank you.

I am glad she got sick early on and not during or just before, but sometimes her infections can last more than the typical 10 days, so I am just praying that she is well in time to go and not have a set back.

That is to bad about the fabric store. Hope you can get to another one and have success! You'll need to take pics of the outfits as I am sure we would all love to see them. I wish I had the time to make a few things!

I can't really answer your question about PTR - I don't know what your referring to. I'm sorry.

Tomorrow the wish granters come over to talk to us about Prescott's wish! I found out today that the doctor that signed off on Prescotts medical form used to be a wish granter. i thought that was cool. So excited!!!

How exciting! I can't wait to hear is official wish!

Woo Hoo!
We just got a letter from our local MAW office... Ryan's dates have been chosen... We are going Jan 6-12 (The week before his birthday). It is so exciting to know that we can finally start a little planning!

:banana:

Yay!!

i am so excited i wanna bounce and i feel sick all at the same time lol We just got the flight itinerary! eeeppp!:banana:

How exciting!

WOO HOO!!!:cheer2:
We just got back from an out of town doctor appointment. We found out that her back is staying stable enough (scoliosis) that she only needs to wear her back brace at night! So for the first time in 2 years she has nothing on her truck area (cast/brace). She is FREE. And the doctor told us to leave the brace home while we go on her Wish trip:cheer2:
We were going to have to carry it carry on but it's such an odd shape that I dreaded it. Now she'll have more flexibilty!

That is wonderful news!

Jackie

NEmel - Love the shirt :)

:hug:

I agree about the white shirts. Thanks for the info - I'll check out the site. :)

Thank you :) We ended up getting blue shirts today! Our chapter got some in and they were actually $10 each. Once you select the size, then the price goes up a bit.

Take a stroller!! We went to Disney 2 yrs ago and Carter was 5 it was hard to find a small one for him to fit in but so worth it! His legs get tired easily and I knew I didn't want to carry him. There is a lot of walking. I saw that the MAW site does have some cool things, might have to order. I cheated on his shirt, my parents own a sewing store! lol

Thanks! I'm leaning toward taking our own- so long as American is like Southwest and doesn't count strollers as baggage.

That's not cheating. That's being resourceful! :thumbsup2

As for future reference of MAW shirt colors - I vote for brown. It's the color of dirt and chocolate... two things my boys are covered in quite a bit. ;)

Amen!! E is stuck with a white tshirt b/c they don't have the blue ones in 2/4. The smallest is a 6/8 and he was swimming in it!!

We asked our MAW for one. I first offered to use our money they provide us and emailed the link I was going to rent from. Kingdom strollers I think was the company and it will be at gktw when we get there. All we have to do is make it through the airport without a stroller!

Yeah....I heard of another MAW family doing that, too. I don't think our chapter would spring for it since the parks have strollers...I think there are some things they are more flexible on than others. I felt like asking to extend and some other stuff trumped the stroller issue. I'm just too chicken to ask! :upsidedow

Having been to disney before, I would reccomend taking a cheap umbrella stroller. If nothing else, the walk leaving the parks can get really long with a tired kid! I seem to remember that we could check our wheel chair stroller when we rented at Disney. You may still be able to do that. I would get a rental from Disney when you are actually in the parks. If nothing else, its a good way to schelp around all your gear.

I sucked it up and emailed our wish granters to ask where we are staying. I really don't want to come off entitled and feel bad asking for anything from them, so I hope I worded my email correctly!

Thanks and, I totally understand about feeling awkward about asking about things. What I will tell a new wish family though, is to ASK! I just kind of assumed some things and learned that it never hurts to ask...even though it might feel awkward. Case-in-point? Our Wish Mgr thought she had already sent our flight times to us. I finally got the nerve to email about it last week and that's when I found out that she thought she had already sent us the email! Had I not asked where would we be? Eek! I have felt the same way about emails. I should just call...but I feel even more awkward over the phone...LOL

take a stroller so you dont have to wait in lines to get one and have it at the resorts, parking lot etc. get it tagged as a wheel chair at the first part you visit and you can take it where strollers are not allowed.

I am so greatful I listened to folks here and had make a wish get us a wheel chair even though we do not use one at home. it made the trip so much easier and at times it would not have been possible to go on without it. dont under estimate how tiring it is to be there. the sensory overload alone is tremendous.

Thank you! :thumbsup2

Tomorrow the wish granters come over to talk to us about Prescott's wish! I found out today that the doctor that signed off on Prescotts medical form used to be a wish granter. i thought that was cool. So excited!!!

Yay!! That IS cool by the way!

Love the shirt...

I would take my own stroller because its what he is used to, and you know you will have it every step of the way in case you need it.

------

I finally got two boxes packed and ready to ship out in the morning to GKTW. It is so nice to have that part done. Seems like there is so much to do. I think because this is also a very busy time with my daughters' medical, its just a lot. Also, my daughter just came down ill, so its a little stressful as I just want her to be 100% for her trip so she will enjoy it thoroughly. Thankfully, she got sick now and not next week, so she has some time to get better and recover.

Hope everyone else is getting ready for their trips in what ever stage they are in!

Thank you!! I hope your daughter feels better really soon!!

I haven't packed a THING!! It's like I'm rebelling or something...#procrastinator

Woo Hoo!
We just got a letter from our local MAW office... Ryan's dates have been chosen... We are going Jan 6-12 (The week before his birthday). It is so exciting to know that we can finally start a little planning!

Congratulations!!!! :yay:

i am so excited i wanna bounce and i feel sick all at the same time lol We just got the flight itinerary! eeeppp!:banana:

Haha!! :woohoo:

Love to hear about the trips that are getting close. Camidges, we will be there at the same time! I got my kids the Unofficial Guide to WDW and my 7 year old is determined to read the whole book. (Shhh. . . I am saying it is for the kids!!). Last night I tried to explain to him that he doesn't need to read the entire book and he tells me all in awe, "But mom, so many people contributed to this book! Some of the are college professors!" He is currently up to page 7. Which is basically the forward! I was reading the beginning to DD (age 14) today while waiting for the bus and reading off the names of the rides with fast pass and she was trying to repeat them. SHe got on the bus yelling "Poo, Poo, Poo" Bet there will be a lot of extra diaper changing toay! Please let her stay healthy!

That's sooo cute!!

WOO HOO!!!:cheer2:
We just got back from an out of town doctor appointment. We found out that her back is staying stable enough (scoliosis) that she only needs to wear her back brace at night! So for the first time in 2 years she has nothing on her truck area (cast/brace). She is FREE. And the doctor told us to leave the brace home while we go on her Wish trip:cheer2:
We were going to have to carry it carry on but it's such an odd shape that I dreaded it. Now she'll have more flexibilty!

All right!!! :dance3:

Ok. I need to do something packing-related before I get to bed....hehe...YIKES!! We leave on SUNDAY!! Oh my word.............

:scared1:

OK, so the wish granters came last night, and Prescott's #1 wish to go to Disney World and #2 a new handicap accessible swing set. However, wish granter said that she didn't anticipate a problem with Disney World!:yay: So, now we actually belong here. Our dates were requested were in the end of March! Can't wait to find out!!!!

Thank you :) We ended up getting blue shirts today! Our chapter got some in and they were actually $10 each. Once you select the size, then the price goes up a bit.

Yay for the blue shirts :) I saw that with the prices.

OK, so the wish granters came last night, and Prescott's #1 wish to go to Disney World and #2 a new handicap accessible swing set. However, wish granter said that she didn't anticipate a problem with Disney World!:yay: So, now we actually belong here. Our dates were requested were in the end of March! Can't wait to find out!!!!

Yay :cheer2:

How exciting!! I hope you get the dates you requested. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long to find out!

Jackie

Elsa recieved GKTW mail today:cool1: But it is now hidden until we have our party a few days before we leave. 3 weeks from today we leave our house:cheer2:

I made my daughter's swing set. Not sure how to explain the "swing", but when I was at my sisters' in Sacramento, California years ago, on her patio they had this chair like ha-mick (spelling?) material hanging. It was so comfortable. I thought that, this pretty much fits any body and allows anyone to sit in it even if they can't sit unsupported because it supports you no matter what. So, I got her one of those and then a friend and myself built her a swing set to hang it from out of wood. It's been perfect. I will see if I can find out the name of her "swing". It was under $100, and to make the swing set wasn't very much at all. Material is waterproof. We've had it for 10 years, maybe a little longer and its still going strong!

Good luck on Disney World and your dates!!

Elsa recieved GKTW mail today:cool1: But it is now hidden until we have our party a few days before we leave. 3 weeks from today we leave our house:cheer2:

you sparked my attention with this lol whats GKTW mail? lol Our trip was booked and planned so fast i feel so out of the loop and lost in many ways yet i cant stop researching and reading and watching videos. i am such a planner and im going nuts lol

OMG!!!!! The limo is leaving at 4:15am!!! How am I going to sleep?? I do have a few reoccurring moments of "am I crazy for this trip?" Then I just think of how much fun we are going to have and start to breath again! ❤❤❤

you sparked my attention with this lol whats GKTW mail? lol Our trip was booked and planned so fast i feel so out of the loop and lost in many ways yet i cant stop researching and reading and watching videos. i am such a planner and im going nuts lol

The letter is just a cheery confirmation letter. the cool part is it lists all your names and makes it feel real. My ten year old loved getting hers.

We got a brochure with our names and arrival date.

OMG!!!!! The limo is leaving at 4:15am!!! How am I going to sleep?? I do have a few reoccurring moments of "am I crazy for this trip?" Then I just think of how much fun we are going to have and start to breath again! ❤❤❤

I think we r getting a limo to take us to the airport, but I am concern because I wasn't planning to take my daughter's carseat, so how does this work? MAW knows we are not taking her carseat.

I have an idea, but does anyone know if its the same company that picks u up when u return that took u to airport?

I just don't know what to go about this.

They have rented us an accessible van in Orlando to transport her w/c, and they did ask if her chair collapses and can fit in a trunk for going to airport.

thank you.

Just have to start with this!!
:cheer2::cheer2::jumping1:
Can't find my dancing Bananas though - just want to happy dance for everyone who has trips coming up yay!! Only quoted a few below, cause there are actually so many great posts!!

Yay wish granting!! :cheer2::cheer2:

So exciting!! Didn't know about this!

Yippeeeeeee!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes - really it should be the dancing bananas...can't find them!

The letter is just a cheery confirmation letter. the cool part is it lists all your names and makes it feel real. My ten year old loved getting hers.

We got a brochure with our names and arrival date.
That's pretty neat, can't wait for Chatterbox to get hers!!

Chatterbox was a little under the weather this week. But I wasn't sure at one point if it was going to stay low key, or develop into something much worse...such is a life of a heart parent

:cheer2: You are going to have a wonderful trip. Hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.

Chatterbox was a little under the weather this week. But I wasn't sure at one point if it was going to stay low key, or develop into something much worse...such is a life of a heart parent [/COLOR]

Sorry she wasn't feeling well. Hope she is much better now.

So many of you about to embark on your magical trips!!! SO EXCITED!!!
Dancing bananas for all!!! (and y'all better hurry up and post pics as soon as you get home!) ;)
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter