Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just signed us up to do the fish extender exchange. Any ideas for gifts? There are a lot of participants and we are on a budget. Any ideas would be appreciated! Counting adults there are already close to 60 people participating.

I'm planning on bottle cap magnets, key rings, mickey necklaces, and some pirate toys. I found Disney bottle caps at Joanns for 40% going to glue a magnet on, for the key ring I'm going to sew it and put a ring on. The Mickey charms for necklaces I found on Ebay 12 for $5.00 then I plan to find some type of black string to put it on. Oriental Trading Company has a lot of neat pirate toys for cheap as well.
I did see some of the ideas on the thread and some are way to much $ plus we won't have a lot of extra room in suitcases. I thought all of these would be small.

We did our first Walk for Wishes event yesterday and while some folks raised thousands of dollars, we managed to raise $835.00. I was quite happy!! I figure every little bit helps! For those who don't know, the average cost of a wish in our city is $6,000! There are MANY truly ill children waiting on their wishes in our area, so I am happy to do my part to give back. Lisa's wish trip was a magical time and I want other families to experience that.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Congrats on the fundraising!! That is something to be proud of!:yay: :cheer2:

I'm planning on bottle cap magnets, key rings, mickey necklaces, and some pirate toys. I found Disney bottle caps at Joanns for 40% going to glue a magnet on, for the key ring I'm going to sew it and put a ring on. The Mickey charms for necklaces I found on Ebay 12 for $5.00 then I plan to find some type of black string to put it on. Oriental Trading Company has a lot of neat pirate toys for cheap as well.
I did see some of the ideas on the thread and some are way to much $ plus we won't have a lot of extra room in suitcases. I thought all of these would be small.

Hi Melissa. What is this for, and what is the homemade site for? Is it for some purpose, or just personal family ideas to do with their/for kids? Sorry for being nosy.

We did our first Walk for Wishes event yesterday and while some folks raised thousands of dollars, we managed to raise $835.00. I was quite happy!! I figure every little bit helps! For those who don't know, the average cost of a wish in our city is $6,000! There are MANY truly ill children waiting on their wishes in our area, so I am happy to do my part to give back. Lisa's wish trip was a magical time and I want other families to experience that.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Congrats on the fundraising!! That is something to be proud of!:yay: :cheer2:[/QUOTE]

yesterday must have been a day for wishes! I particapted in the hair challenge event for our local Make-A-Wish yesterday and I chopped off my ponytail after collecting pledges. I wish we could have raised more but we deff fought for every cent we got, $371! I am mst proud of the fact that Kyra worked thru the pain and went door to door with me and wouldnt stop until she filled a pledge sheet each time!. Congrats on an awesome amount for your local organization!

Hi Melissa. What is this for, and what is the homemade site for? Is it for some purpose, or just personal family ideas to do with their/for kids? Sorry for being nosy.

On the Disney Cruises you can make a fish extender to hang outside your stateroom door. Then there are boards to sign up for gift exchanges. You make or buy fun things to exchange with other people that participate. ;) Not nosy at all!

Congrats on the fundraising!! That is something to be proud of!:yay: :cheer2:

yesterday must have been a day for wishes! I particapted in the hair challenge event for our local Make-A-Wish yesterday and I chopped off my ponytail after collecting pledges. I wish we could have raised more but we deff fought for every cent we got, $371! I am mst proud of the fact that Kyra worked thru the pain and went door to door with me and wouldnt stop until she filled a pledge sheet each time!. Congrats on an awesome amount for your local organization![/QUOTE]

Awesome!! :cheer2: So proud of you both!!!

so i have been very upfront with kyra about the whole trip since she was approved. She is gettig better but still has issues with not bbeing prepared for change. Any advice on ways to prepare her for this trip?

so i have been very upfront with kyra about the whole trip since she was approved. She is gettig better but still has issues with not bbeing prepared for change. Any advice on ways to prepare her for this trip?

My son is the same way. I've been using the internet a ton to share photos and videos of experiences we will have. He doesn't do well in unfamiliar situations or in loud crowded places. Although he is getting better with that the pictures and videos I have found on youtube have really seemed to help.

Thanks! Those are great ideas. I was getting a little worried when I saw some of the expensive gifts people were putting together. It sounds like a lot of fun to participate but money and suitcase space is something we need to keep in mind too.

My son is the same way. I've been using the internet a ton to share photos and videos of experiences we will have. He doesn't do well in unfamiliar situations or in loud crowded places. Although he is getting better with that the pictures and videos I have found on youtube have really seemed to help.

We have been doing ALOT of youtube videos and the gktw website is almost always open on the comptuer so if she wants to look around she can.

Love all the giving back things to MAW! You are brave on the hair! We are actually coming back from our Thanksgiving camping trip a day early to make sure we have dinner at a local pizza place that is donating it proceeds to MAW from that day. (Don't tell the hubby but this isn't much of a sacrafice for me. I hate leftovers, cold weather camping and missing black friday!)

So I have a MAW question, We have been to Disney before with the GAC and found we still needed to wait in the regular line for a lot of the attractions and use fastpass. Does doing it as a wish trip change any of this? Also, if anyone knows, do we get to use the extra magic hours if we are staying at GKTW?

We did our first Walk for Wishes event yesterday and while some folks raised thousands of dollars, we managed to raise $835.00.
yesterday must have been a day for wishes! I particapted in the hair challenge event for our local Make-A-Wish yesterday and I chopped off my ponytail after collecting pledges. I wish we could have raised more but we deff fought for every cent we got, $371! I am mst proud of the fact that Kyra worked thru the pain and went door to door with me and wouldnt stop until she filled a pledge sheet each time!. Congrats on an awesome amount for your local organization!

Thank you so much to both of you for fundraising :thanks:

Great ideas :) Did you buy the Disney caps recently?

Christie on Friday I bought all the packages they had. They are in the scrapebook area. 8 in a pack reg price $4.99 I got them for $2.99. You can also buy plan bottle caps at the craft store and put a picture on them yourself. ;)

Christie on Friday I bought all the packages they had. They are in the scrapebook area. 8 in a pack reg price $4.99 I got them for $2.99. You can also buy plan bottle caps at the craft store and put a picture on them yourself. ;)

I found those online. Are they flat on the back side so it would be easy to attach a magnet? I think that was an awesome idea and something easy enough that my boys could help create.

eat lots of ice cream at GKTW even for breakfast. let the kids eat lots and lots of ice cream. Mine are still in awe of that.

Spend time at GKTW and go to a couple parties if you can

be sure and take the surfing photo at GKTW pool

have a plan for the day so you know what you want to do but dont get rigid and let the fun just happen.

take lots of photos and really take advantage of the disney photo pass and gets lots of full family photos.

do rediculous stuff your kids know you just dont do, like let them get a giant stuffed animal, or what ever

dont forget self care for you, try out the jaccuzi bath tub, do what ever you need to do to get enough sleep

Some great ideas, and thank you so much. I am sure other parents will appreciate these too.

Unfortunately, we probably won't do ice cream. My daughter can no longer have it, and she loves it, so I can't eat it since she can't. I just don't have the heart to do so in front of her.

It is just her and I going! :)

I plan to take a ton of photos (I am a photographer). Never heard though of the photo pass. Looking forward to finding out what that is. I think I have seen that word in a few places. I want to get a lot of photos of my daughter and I. It's not too often we get to unless I set something up for us.

Surfing photo... Sounds fun! I will definitely look into that.

I am trying to find out EVERYTHING that is happening so we can pick and choose what we want to do. I have already figured out which parks for the most part we want to go to. I am also trying to find out where all Mickey is going to be, and at what parks, etc. My daughter is in LOVE with Mickey!

My daughter will love the jacuzzi tub, but yes, I will definitely plan on using it just for me too.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving day. They celebrate Christmas instead of Thanksgiving, but with a whole Thanksgiving feast.

Thanks!!

If anyone else has any other ideas/suggestions/must do, please do list. :)[/QUOTE]

I would really suggest looking into the photo pass at disney. If you purchase it before you leave for the trip you can get a discount. Just google disney photo pass and you should find the link if not let me know and I will find it for you. As a fellow photographer myself I can tell you it is amazing to actually be IN the photos :) All of the disney parks have photo pass photographers stationed throughout the parks (there is also a map online of where to find them) you have a photo pass card and each time you find a photographer they scan your card and take pics of you and your family. They can even do some fun ones where they insert tink and a few other characters. There is no limit to the amount of photos you can take and then when you get home you log in and can add some fun borders and then place the order for the cd (which is where purchasing before you leave can save some money!) We used it last year and had over 100 photos of us and the kids at the character meet and greets. They also include stock photos of all of the characters. It is awesome if you have the extra money.

Ok, I need opinions. Our wish granters came last week and we put down dates that would work. Which was the week is March 22nd. My husband and I both work in the school district and we have 3 other boys in school, so during school is not a great option for us. So, we chose spring break because we know Prescott (wish kid) does not tolerate heat real well. However, after looking at the calendar, I found out that the dates we picked are actually the week heading up to Easter. We could also go the first week in June, but wanted your opinions. June I worry about the heat and March I worry about the crowds. Also, has anyone called the wish granters and changed the date before being approved? Will requesting a busy week make it more likely it won't be approved? Ahhhh, what would you do?

Ok, I need opinions. Our wish granters came last week and we put down dates that would work. Which was the week is March 22nd. My husband and I both work in the school district and we have 3 other boys in school, so during school is not a great option for us. So, we chose spring break because we know Prescott (wish kid) does not tolerate heat real well. However, after looking at the calendar, I found out that the dates we picked are actually the week heading up to Easter. We could also go the first week in June, but wanted your opinions. June I worry about the heat and March I worry about the crowds. Also, has anyone called the wish granters and changed the date before being approved? Will requesting a busy week make it more likely it won't be approved? Ahhhh, what would you do?

I choose a holiday week so my daughter wouldn't miss any school. I changed dates twice, but that was also more so due to the availability at GKTW. I also didn't want summer months as I know from about May through first part of September, its humid and hot! May and September are a tad cooler than the rest of the summer months, but the humidity is still bad and just not pleasant in my opinion. I have been there in May before. So, I don't recommend June. My choices were my daughters spring break, Thanksgiving or Christmas. I choose Thanksgiving as it seem to be less crowded than Christmas. Spring break, it just didn't work out. Spring break is nice because not all schools have spring break the same time, to where all schools have the same Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. I would stick to your spring break!

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter