Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We picked are dates and now just need to here back on what one they can do.
We picked the First week in Oct
Second Choice is Christmas Week
Choice 3 is the second week of Jan

Its only been about 2 weeks since we sat down with the MAW person they sent out . So he said we should know the date soon :) Once we have the date we start to plan .

We are going the third week of January!!!! So glad your little guy is getting a MAW trip! I am sure it will be wonderful. Welcome! This is such a great place and resource.:goodvibes

Magic happened for us at DHS!!! Come on over and READ all about it if you want to!

Don't be put off by the length of my Trip Report, you can just go to the Table of Contents and click on the links to avoid the chatter. :goodvibes
What a fun story!!! Loved reading that. Thanks for taking the time to post it. And I am glad that CM shaped up! Sheesh. Give that beautiful girl a break so she can enjoy her pixie dust! ;)

Hi all,

A little back story on us. We have been to GKTW several years ago with our oldest son. We will be going back this summer with our almost 3 year old daughter. We had an amazing time with my son, and feel both happy and sad that we are going again. Happy we get to experience it, sad our baby girl is also terminal.

The only negative with our first trip was that I felt so overwhelmed with so much to do. I wanted to be at the parks, but I also wanted to stay at GKTW to partake in all they had to offer. We are thinking of extending our trip by a couple of days. Is it possible to use the tickets GKTW issues you after you check out? For example while we are at GKTW, hang out there for a couple of days... And when we move to another resort use the tickets that were given to us by GKTW? KMIM?

A couple of other questions:

Is it possible to get Aquatica tickets? Without trading in your SeaWorld tickets?

Are we eligible for morning EMH? I know this is really early, but I am thinking in the middle of the summer it will be worth it to get everybody up early to hit the parks before the crowds and the heat set in.

I know I have other questions, just can't think of them now.

I am really enjoying reading through this thread.

Thanks for all the information,

Jean

Hello everyone,

Super excited I found this forum, my dd (almost 3) meet her wish granters this past weekend. Her wish be a DisneyWorld princess. I have so many questions but I don't want to bother the wg every 10 minutes.
Back story, my dd was diagnosed with lymphoblastic lymphoma when she was 21 months, she was stage 4. Her chemo regime is 2 1/2 years and we go to clinic once a week now. Soon we'll only have to go once a month so I'm super excited.
We're still waiting on our dates and I'm thinking about doing a ptr. My husband and I are leaning towards late October early November. I'll keep you all posted.

Hello everyone,

Super excited I found this forum, my dd (almost 3) meet her wish granters this past weekend. Her wish be a DisneyWorld princess. I have so many questions but I don't want to bother the wg every 10 minutes.
Back story, my dd was diagnosed with lymphoblastic lymphoma when she was 21 months, she was stage 4. Her chemo regime is 2 1/2 years and we go to clinic once a week now. Soon we'll only have to go once a month so I'm super excited.
We're still waiting on our dates and I'm thinking about doing a ptr. My husband and I are leaning towards late October early November. I'll keep you all posted.

Hi! My DD (almost 3 too) was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Oct. We go to the cancer clinic every 10 days now and will go once a month starting in June. I can definetly share in your excitement! We met with our wish granters last week and our first choice was Nov, so maybe we'll see you there!!

Hi! My DD (almost 3 too) was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in Oct. We go to the cancer clinic every 10 days now and will go once a month starting in June. I can definetly share in your excitement! We met with our wish granters last week and our first choice was Nov, so maybe we'll see you there!!

Sorry for your diagnosis, we have been doing this since March 2011 and it's a drain emotionally. I keep telling her soon she's going to see the princesses and she's super de duper excited. I hope that as an only child she can really enjoy it. When in November where u planing on going?

Hi all,
We are thinking of extending our trip by a couple of days. - We are going in January and extending for 3 days!

Is it possible to use the tickets GKTW issues you after you check out?
You get 3 day passes to Disney World, 2 day passes to Universal, and a 1 day pass to Seaworld. These are good 2 weeks fro the date given. So yes! You can hang out at GTKTW and then use your passes for the extension part of the trip.

Is it possible to get Aquatica tickets? Without trading in your SeaWorld tickets?- I am not sure about this. But I think other on the board know about this.

Are we eligible for morning EMH? If you get a reservation for BBB or for an early morning character breakfast you can get into the park earlier. I am not sure about the rules for EMH. I would think you would be able to take advantage of them if you are in the park early for reservations for something.

Jean, I am so sorry to hear that your little girl is so sick. I hope she can improve. I will be thinking good thoughts and keeping her in my prayers. Hugs!!!

Hello everyone,

:dance3:WELCOME!!!!!:dance3: Wonderful to have you on here! Glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. We are going in January! Can't wait! You have found the right place!

I am so excited we get to see Matthews wish granters again in two days. They are going to go over all the details of the trip to Disney. Matthew is so excited. He keeps asking when we are going. I keep telling him less then two weeks. I just time would just speed up and then slow down during the trip.

i really don't know what to do. I made reservation for Emmy at BBB 1:20 pm, Matthew at Pirates League 9:30 am, and a dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare at 6:00 pm. I think i booked to much for one day. That is going to take a least 3 hours out of are day at the Magic Kingdom. I have been thinking about cancelling the two reservations for Emmy and Matthew. I heard stories that your reservation is never on time so that more time down the drain and Emmy's hair is slightly below her shoulder so i don't know if its worth it considering they can really pull it all up and the prices can be ridiculous. For Matthew i don't really want to cancel it consider its his wish trip but i don't know if i want face paint all over his face for the whole day. If i cancel Emmy's and not Matthews i would be upsetting her. I don't like playing favorites even with everything Matthew has gone through. Then there is the dinner reservation. We would have to leave the park a half an hour before dinner to take the monorail to the Grand Floradian. I don't think that would be to bad considering that it would be a brake from the park. I am just so frazzled. See me and my husband were thinking about doing another day at Magic Kingdom out of are own pockets but we changed are mind instead. We were going to us that day to do things we missed the first time. We are also trying to save money, since park ticket prices are expensive. Help :confused3

:dance3:WELCOME!!!!!:dance3: Wonderful to have you on here! Glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. We are going in January! Can't wait! You have found the right place!

Aww thanks. I really want to do a PTR to formally introduced myself and my family to everyone. It's probably going to have to wait til the weekend as I have work and DD has a 3 day admission this week. I really hate danorubision it makes her so sick, so really I probably won't get my PTR started until sometime next week.

i really don't know what to do. I made reservation for Emmy at BBB 1:20 pm, Matthew at Pirates League 9:30 am, and a dinner reservation at 1900 Park Fare at 6:00 pm. I think i booked to much for one day. That is going to take a least 3 hours out of are day at the Magic Kingdom. I have been thinking about cancelling the two reservations for Emmy and Matthew. I heard stories that your reservation is never on time so that more time down the drain and Emmy's hair is slightly below her shoulder so i don't know if its worth it considering they can really pull it all up and the prices can be ridiculous. For Matthew i don't really want to cancel it consider its his wish trip but i don't know if i want face paint all over his face for the whole day. If i cancel Emmy's and not Matthews i would be upsetting her. I don't like playing favorites even with everything Matthew has gone through. Then there is the dinner reservation. We would have to leave the park a half an hour before dinner to take the monorail to the Grand Floradian. I don't think that would be to bad considering that it would be a brake from the park. I am just so frazzled. See me and my husband were thinking about doing another day at Magic Kingdom out of are own pockets but we changed are mind instead. We were going to us that day to do things we missed the first time. We are also trying to save money, since park ticket prices are expensive. Help :confused3

How about having them BOTH do pirates? They do have girly pink bandannas and do their make-up. I heard it is really fun! And you would save a little money.
If you eat breakfast and dinner at GTKW and have just your lunches at the park you might be able to save enough money with your expense check to buy another day at the park? You could move your reservation to be a lunch reservation instead. I have heard that lunch is cheaper than dinner. So you could do the Pirates League in the morning, then go to your lunch reservation. It might be a nice break to take the mono-rail, eat, then take it back. Then back to the park!!! I don't know if this is helpful at all. I hope you find something that works for you!:flower3:

Me and my husband talked. We are cancelling BBB. We are just going to stop in there and by and dress and tiara. Then take Matt to his appointment with the Pirate League and then when its time to eat go to 1900 Park Fare. We figured the Pirate League is for Matthew and the dinner is more for Emmy because she loves cinderella. I will just put on her dress and tiara for dinner. She will love that. We had made plans for the other day. We are going to wet n wild in the morning and then go to universal studios for the rest of the day.

Hi .. We're baaaaack !!!

We got in Boston very early Monday morning (3 am) ! I've been trying to regroup over the past 2 days. We were pretty exhausted. I hope to get my trip report started real soon !

I also wanted to say welcome to the new MAW families ! Looking forward to reading more about your upcoming trips !

Hi .. We're baaaaack !!!

We got in Boston very early Monday morning (3 am) ! I've been trying to regroup over the past 2 days. We were pretty exhausted. I hope to get my trip report started real soon !

I also wanted to say welcome to the new MAW families ! Looking forward to reading more about your upcoming trips !

Looking forward to your TR! Wow! 3 am is super early. I am sure you're all totally wiped! :coffee:

I was just wondering if it's worthwhile to do BBB, DD doesn't have that much hair now and I don't know if it would be long enough by the end of the year. It's super curly so it can be hard to judge sometimes. Should I just hold off until maybe October to reserve it?

Sorry for your diagnosis, we have been doing this since March 2011 and it's a drain emotionally. I keep telling her soon she's going to see the princesses and she's super de duper excited. I hope that as an only child she can really enjoy it. When in November where u planing on going?

Hopefully, Nov 10 -18! I talked DH into extending our trip by 2 days so we don't have to rush to get everything in.

Thanks for all the help everyone! :thumbsup2

We leave for our trip in the morning. :hyper::banana: We're super excited! I
'll post pictures as things happen on my facebook page *find info on that on the PTR*

Melynda :wave2:

Hopefully, Nov 10 -18! I talked DH into extending our trip by 2 days so we don't have to rush to get everything in.

We're trying for the week before or after Thanksgiving, really want to do The Xmas party. I'm thinking of asking DH into extending ours a few days as well. Our onc told us the temps there are a bit chilly in November, I'm wondering how chilly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter