• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been unofficially approved to extend our trip. I have a few questions for those of you who extended for your trip. Can you PM me (if you do not mind me bugging you!!!)???

I was wondering how long did it take from your first meeting with maw to find out about your dates.
my daughter keeps on asking me cause our wish volunteer said it goes by quick.

I was wondering how long did it take from your first meeting with maw to find out about your dates.

For us it went real quick. I think we had dates less than 2 weeks after meeting with MAW granters. I know it will be 5 months from day we first got accepted until our trip in April. But I've heard other chapters take longer.
I hope you hear soon !! :goodvibes

We met in mid-December, we got our dates mid-February and we're going early May. The time from December to Feb was brutal! I was stalking the phone waiting for the call and time was standing still! ;) Now I have so much planning to do, it's going really fast and Mitchell's trip will be here before we know it!

We've head back from MAW and have the dates for Mariska's Wish Trip. :banana:

Apirl 19th-25th wish trip 25th-27th Visiting Family. :woohoo::love:

Shes getting excited we spent the morning watching Vidoes of rides parks and GKTW. :happytv:

I have a few questions,

We'll be flying with Medication for Mariska's MAW trip. I dont really know what I need to do in order to take them with me. I will be glueing them to me since they cost more then my morgage! yikes huh!.

Do I just need a doctors note?

We'll also by flying little ones 4 and 7 months. Do I need to worry about car seats? Would they count as a check in? Can I rent them?.... do I want to? haha so many questions. Also if I rent them and MAW picks us up what do the provide the for the ride to the air port?

Every time I get a chance to sit and read I'm worn out and my eyes wont focus long enough to read. :rolleyes1 maybe time for glasses.

GKTW schedule? I saw it once but cant seem to find it again. Want to work around some of the events like Santa! :santa:

March 18-24!!!!!! That right its only 18 days away and I am really starting to panic. After reading through some threads I have realized that i should have started researching and planning this trip two years ago, lol ;)
I was wondering if anyone has an updated gktw schedule so I can plan around it. We are still working on bringing her nurse along, but other then that I have decided to roll with the punches. I know they give 3 disney park tickets, are they hoppers? I have 3 little girls that love princesses and anything on disney channel in the late afternoon, is there anyway to see those stars? do the characters come to gktw or do I have to pay oop for a character meal, any suggestions? i must say the staff from gktw has called me to make arrangements for my girls diet restrictions and I have been very impressed so far!!!! so many questions!!!! thank you for any and all input!!!
:dance3:

The link above was just posted and it's the GKTW schedule. The Disney passes are hoppers and you'll also get 2 day universal/IOA passes and 1day Sea World passes.
You need a reservation to have a princess meal and the ask for payment at the time of booking. It might be too late .. But I'd check anyway because you never know !

I'm not sure which characters come to GKTW. I think they're the main characters like Mickey and Minnie, not sure about princesses.

You have a lot to plan in such a short time ! But you're going to have an amazing time ! :banana:

I have 3 little girls that love princesses and anything on disney channel in the late afternoon, is there anyway to see those stars? do the characters come to gktw or do I have to pay oop for a character meal, any suggestions?

The princesses you will be able to find in the parks. As for the characters that come to GKTW, they never know for sure who is coming until they get there. In the year that I have been volunteering with GKTW, the only princess I know that has came is Belle, but not in her princess dress. You will receive a GAC with a green light stamp on it when you arrive at the Village that will work on meet and greet lines as well, so you will be able to meet any character without waiting in line.

I have a few questions,

We'll be flying with Medication for Mariska's MAW trip. I dont really know what I need to do in order to take them with me. I will be glueing them to me since they cost more then my morgage! yikes huh!.

Do I just need a doctors note?

We'll also by flying little ones 4 and 7 months. Do I need to worry about car seats? Would they count as a check in? Can I rent them?.... do I want to? haha so many questions. Also if I rent them and MAW picks us up what do the provide the for the ride to the air port?

Every time I get a chance to sit and read I'm worn out and my eyes wont focus long enough to read. :rolleyes1 maybe time for glasses.

Melinda... hey.. it's Andrea.

We fly with Owen's meds all the time. I always take a lunch box (ice chest) and put some frozen gel pack ice packs inside to keep the compounds cold. I have never had an issue with security. They do open them all and check for chemicals, but we're always fine. YOu don't need a note for those. Definetly keep everything ON BOARD with you that you don't want to lose.. ie. Meds, (I can't remember if M. is Gtube fed) but any of those supplies, ect.

I took Owen's carseat with us, since he is so darn picky. We had a limo pick us up and take us to the airport. I did curbside check in and just checked the seat. Picked it up in Orlando and put it in the rental car. The rental car company said we got free car seat rentals with the car, so that's another option. I would take your own. ;)

We also took Owen's stroller with us. We pushed it up to the gate and checked it at the gate after we boarded the plane. As soon as we got off teh plane, it was waiting for him. I know you get free stroller rentals at the parks too, as another option.

You will arrive in Orlando and meet a GKTW volunteer. They will take you to baggage claim and get you a luggage cart. Then they will take you to the rental car area and you will pick out a rental car. Owen picked a van. :) The car seats are there, or you will have your own from baggage claim. Then you load them up and drive yourself to GKTW.. map will be provided (it's easy to find).

Let me know if you have any more questions! :) You can hit me up on Facebook too. I know I had a MILLION questions!

New Drama already provided the GKTW schedule. Owen LOVED all the activities so much. You'll see New Drama at GKTW!!

March 18-24!!!!!! That right its only 18 days away and I am really starting to panic. After reading through some threads I have realized that i should have started researching and planning this trip two years ago, lol ;)
I was wondering if anyone has an updated gktw schedule so I can plan around it. We are still working on bringing her nurse along, but other then that I have decided to roll with the punches. I know they give 3 disney park tickets, are they hoppers? I have 3 little girls that love princesses and anything on disney channel in the late afternoon, is there anyway to see those stars? do the characters come to gktw or do I have to pay oop for a character meal, any suggestions? i must say the staff from gktw has called me to make arrangements for my girls diet restrictions and I have been very impressed so far!!!! so many questions!!!! thank you for any and all input!!!
:dance3:

I think someone already answered this one.. but the disney tickets are park hoppers. My opinion is that Magic Kingdom is an ALL day park, while Epcot, AK and Hollywood studios could be half days or split. The only princess we saw at GKTW was Belle, in her reading dress. I would splurge on one meal.. I think you can call the restaurant in advance and they will accomodate diet needs! :) We did princess dining at Akshersus in Epcot... the food was great and we saw Belle, Cinderella, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty and Aurora. It was pricey, but worth the splurge. Our MAW expense check was MORE than enough to cover several character meals and lots of souvineers.. we had a ton leftover too. I know that varies by chapter though.

We're staying an extra two after Mariska's wish trip is over in Orlando. We want to go to the beach. Cold water cant be as good as warm. :cool2:

We're looking for one with shells, not overly busy and just plane awesome. Any suggestions on where we should go or not go? We'll be staying in Clermont if that helps any. :confused3

We're staying an extra two after Mariska's wish trip is over in Orlando. We want to go to the beach. Cold water cant be as good as warm. :cool2:

We're looking for one with shells, not overly busy and just plane awesome. Any suggestions on where we should go or not go? We'll be staying in Clermont if that helps any. :confused3

My mom and I love looking for shells in Clearwater. Mom also likes Siesta Key, which is on the Gulf as well. Don't know about the Atlantic side, haven't been over there in a few years.

I've been lurking around this board for a month or so, and have enjoyed reading many stories and getting some great info. Our DS is 2 1/2 and has HLHS (half a heart). He is scheduled for his 4th OHS this summer. He asks me daily if he can "eat noodles with Mickey", and he calls himself "pluto puppy". To say he's a Disney fan is an understatement. We talked with the dr.s last month and they suggested taking a trip before surgery. We weren't sure if we could pull it off, but I got a call back from the social worker and she let me know that they would make it happen. I was feeling overwhelmed, but after reading so many great things on here I'm feeling better about planning this amazing experience for our family. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and stories! I'm sure once we have our dates and travel plans I'll have tons of questions!

After reading your description, I think you're looking for the west coast. The best places in the state for shells are there. While it's a little over a 3 hour drive from Cleremont, Sanibel Island is by far the best. Here is a site that describes it: http://www.sanibel-captiva.org/sanibel-attractions-in/sanibel-best-beaches/sanibel-shells-shelling/

Other places that are closer include Clearwater, Treasure Island, Pass-a-Grille Beach and Siesta Key. Make sure to go at low tide since you will have the best chance of finding lots of shells then. Swimming is really good on the west coast too since the waves are much calmer.

The east coast beaches (Daytona and Cocoa) are not very good for finding shells. The water is much rougher on that side of the state so the pieces are small and broken. Also, it is much more crowded and picked over.

I hope this helps! Have an amazing trip!

Hi everyone! I hope I'm in the right place! I've been reading here for about a month now, after receiving notice that our son's wish was granted to go to Disney World! I'm still not sure how to get around the boards though. How do I subscribe? So many questions! Oh yea...our dates are April 22-28th...so it's coming up quickly! I'm so thankful for all the info you've all shared here! And I'm touched by all the stories of your precious children too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter