• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I am working and a Wish family shows up at TL I will make sure they get in free. And I have never had any problem with a supervisor over this. Just go to a Guest Relations window at the water park with the Wish/GKTW buttons and tell them you heard that you are allowed in free.

Thank you!

Thank you!

PLEASE NOTE!!!! We tried exactly what Cheshire Figment said above, based on his post to us prior to our daughter's wish trip and they ABSOLUTELY REFUSED to let us in free. (and NO, we weren't demanding at all, far from it. Those who know us know that isn't my style). Thankfully we had tickets for three us us and we paid for two of us and I did NOT go in to save money. My children had their hearts set on going, how could we say no, we were THERE! I am certain for some people this might work; however, PLEASE be prepared in case they say no. It cost us a lot of money we weren't counting on and that IS first hand experience.

WELCOME to all of the new WISTRIPPERS!!!!

WELCOME BACK AMY!!! I have already been over to your TR!

ok so i am starting to freak out a little....... more each day!!!
I have been consumed with taking care of my injured grandmom and juggling my kids schedules on top of everything else and our wish trip is March 18 - 24th!!! I am so overwhelmed right now and have alot of planning to do.
I would love to see some sample intineraries...... like some must dos that i may miss out on, i am excited by this great opportunity but am afraid there is so much to see and do that we will not get all of it in. My girls are 4,5, and 8. My youngest has heat intolerance so we will have to plan on later activities. i am trying to avoid to much splitting up. i promised myself I would just roll with the punches and take it a day at a time, but I realize now how ridiculous that sounds now.... thank you!!!!!

I have been consumed with taking care of my injured grandmom and juggling my kids schedules on top of everything else and our wish trip is March 18 - 24th!!! I am so overwhelmed right now and have alot of planning to do.
I would love to see some sample intineraries...... like some must dos that i may miss out on, i am excited by this great opportunity but am afraid there is so much to see and do that we will not get all of it in. My girls are 4,5, and 8. My youngest has heat intolerance so we will have to plan on later activities. i am trying to avoid to much splitting up. i promised myself I would just roll with the punches and take it a day at a time, but I realize now how ridiculous that sounds now.... thank you!!!!!

DON'T freak out!!! This is going to be a FUN and incredible time for your family. Don't over think things, you CAN'T do it all, it is impossible. Pick out a few favorites from each park and plan to do those, the rest will be the icing on the cake. Plan to spend as much time at GKTW as you can, it is a WONDERFUL place, full of magic and things to do! We have two with heat intolerance, take advantage of the First Aid stations at the park if you need a cool place to rest, relax and regroup. Don't forget the Wish lounges at MK and Epcot (check hours, they are WORTH building into your day). We utilized both a LOT! Ask us questions, we want to help...and EVERYBODY will tell you different tips, go with experience! You WILL have the time of your life, no matter WHAT you do!!!!

Wow. That trip was ridiculous (in the best possible way!). We returned a few days ago from GKTW and it was everything I hoped it would be for my daughter. She was crying the night before we left, so I know how much she loved it. The volunteers were very sweet and I was moved by their willingness to help other people. The Village had so many fun things for the kids at all hours of the day. The guest access card at Disney/Universal was amazing. Not only Fast Access type quickness, but sometimes people took us to the exit or handicapped entrance. We were toting along a 2-year-old old who needed an afternoon nap and with the short waits there were a couple of parks we were able to knock out in one morning. Huge difference in time. A couple of weeks ago I asked if an adult could use the guest access card... well, it was totally a non-issue. I used it a couple of times on big rollercoasters with no questions asked. Another way to save time and keep the family moving on. Very cool.

We loved the character visits at GKTW. I had expected those to be crowded, but it wasn't. Loved being able to do that around breakfast and then not need that time at the parks. Although, after waiting in a line to see Tigger at Hollywood Studios, an employee told us we could just walk up and ask to not wait in the line (we didn't know this until the end of our trip since we mostly took advantage of GKTW character events). The most insane part of our week was when my daughter got to spend close to 45 minutes alone with Tinkerbell in the Wish Lounge. I'm guessing this time was supposed to be shared with other children, but we were the only ones there. Knowing how long the lines can be in the park for a few minutes with Tink kind of blew our minds. They got to do each others' fingernails and makeup. After a really difficult 18 months dealing with my girl's cancer, this moment felt like everything was turned upside down for the better. And it showed how Disney pretty much rocks in helping these kids.
We purposefully chose the last week in February for the weather and smaller crowds. Looking back, having that guest access would probably make any time of year a lot easier.

We left unsure how to even repay something like all this. I'm pretty sure we'll be doing volunteer work down the road. If not GKTW, definitely a local chapter of children's cancer car.

(well, I had a pic to post, but my post count is not high enough...)

We were at GKTW last week too. It was just wonderful! My kids were upset they had to leave as well. Cancer is so taxing on a family, my daughter just finished her second bout w/ it. It was so nice having my girl be healthy and having so much fun on her trip!

Wow. That trip was ridiculous (in the best possible way!). We returned a few days ago from GKTW and it was everything I hoped it would be for my daughter. She was crying the night before we left, so I know how much she loved it. The volunteers were very sweet and I was moved by their willingness to help other people. The Village had so many fun things for the kids at all hours of the day. The guest access card at Disney/Universal was amazing. Not only Fast Access type quickness, but sometimes people took us to the exit or handicapped entrance. We were toting along a 2-year-old old who needed an afternoon nap and with the short waits there were a couple of parks we were able to knock out in one morning. Huge difference in time. A couple of weeks ago I asked if an adult could use the guest access card... well, it was totally a non-issue. I used it a couple of times on big rollercoasters with no questions asked. Another way to save time and keep the family moving on. Very cool.

We loved the character visits at GKTW. I had expected those to be crowded, but it wasn't. Loved being able to do that around breakfast and then not need that time at the parks. Although, after waiting in a line to see Tigger at Hollywood Studios, an employee told us we could just walk up and ask to not wait in the line (we didn't know this until the end of our trip since we mostly took advantage of GKTW character events). The most insane part of our week was when my daughter got to spend close to 45 minutes alone with Tinkerbell in the Wish Lounge. I'm guessing this time was supposed to be shared with other children, but we were the only ones there. Knowing how long the lines can be in the park for a few minutes with Tink kind of blew our minds. They got to do each others' fingernails and makeup. After a really difficult 18 months dealing with my girl's cancer, this moment felt like everything was turned upside down for the better. And it showed how Disney pretty much rocks in helping these kids.
We purposefully chose the last week in February for the weather and smaller crowds. Looking back, having that guest access would probably make any time of year a lot easier.

We left unsure how to even repay something like all this. I'm pretty sure we'll be doing volunteer work down the road. If not GKTW, definitely a local chapter of children's cancer car.

(well, I had a pic to post, but my post count is not high enough...)

PLEASE NOTE!!!! We tried exactly what Cheshire Figment said above, based on his post to us prior to our daughter's wish trip and they ABSOLUTELY REFUSED to let us in free. (and NO, we weren't demanding at all, far from it. Those who know us know that isn't my style). Thankfully we had tickets for three us us and we paid for two of us and I did NOT go in to save money. My children had their hearts set on going, how could we say no, we were THERE! I am certain for some people this might work; however, PLEASE be prepared in case they say no. It cost us a lot of money we weren't counting on and that IS first hand experience.

WELCOME to all of the new WISTRIPPERS!!!!

WELCOME BACK AMY!!! I have already been over to your TR!

Oh wow! Thanks for the 'heads up'!

Ok everyone, if you want to read a recent, completed trip report, I finished mine today. We just got home on Sunday night.

If there are any details I didn't include, but if you want to know about, please ask, I probably just forgot.

That's why I went ahead and did the whole thing this week, I didn't want to leave anything out.

Oh wow! Thanks for the 'heads up'!
You are welcome! I would NOT want another family to be caught unaware! :goodvibes That happened to us several times on this trip.

NO MATTER WHAT, you are going to have an AMAZING time!:goodvibes EVERY trip is different, every need is different, every experience is different, every family is different...even the price of things change depending on the season! What is the same is that if you are a person who rolls with the punches at home, then you will roll with the punches on your wish trip. You KNOW you are Blessed, so you will be FINE!!!! :love::love:

My TR is still in the writing stages, but it is VERY detailed.My excuse for taking so long? We had to leave for Lisa's cardiac cath and lengthy hospitalization in Philly as soon as Lisa's wish trip was completed...we live in NC. Lisa was back in the hospital when we returned, then my DH was laid off and our dog nearly died from an auto-immune disease...you get the picture. PLUS as long a I am writing about the trip, I get to relive it. (Good thing I have notes!) If you want to read blow by blow accounts, come on over. I have LOTS of pics! You can go to the first page and click on the Table of Contents if you don't have time to wade through all of the chats that happen.

I just checked and the Village does NOT have tickets for DisneyQuest.
Daniel is a GREAT resource, he spends a LOT of time volunteering at GKTW and can find out most anything! :love::love:

Bit of advice.....

Finish your Trip Report as soon as possible or take lots of notes to cherish the memories.

I remember quite a bit from Allison's trip, but the little things that mattered at the time have been pushed back into my deep memories.. Trying to do the TR now over a year later is quite difficult and may not sound as magical as it was when we were there! I am enjoying the memories and talking to the kids about it. Such a special time. Enjoy every minute!

We got home on Sunday and I finished ours yesterday! I'm so proud of myself. ;)

Bit of advice.....

Finish your Trip Report as soon as possible or take lots of notes to cherish the memories.

I remember quite a bit from Allison's trip, but the little things that mattered at the time have been pushed back into my deep memories.. Trying to do the TR now over a year later is quite difficult and may not sound as magical as it was when we were there! I am enjoying the memories and talking to the kids about it. Such a special time. Enjoy every minute!

Bit of advice.....

Lots of notes and pics help!

Oh Amy, I am just glad you are finishing! :hug::grouphug::hug: You have had far too many other things going on to worry about a TR...Thanks for coming back and finishing, I am loving hearing about it! I have missed you! :flower3: As you write I am sure even more will come back to you! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Ah, there are my 3 favorite sisters! I don't have advice to offer as i have never done a wish trip just wanted to wish you an amazing trip...you all deserve it:)

That's great. I will have to stop by and read it!! :surfweb:
We got home on Sunday and I finished ours yesterday! I'm so proud of myself. ;)

Thank you Judy! It is so nice to relive it! It's actually a bit like therapy. I have other things to focus on. I can give my brain a chance to relax and not rehash what the dr said, or what is going on around here!! I didn't realize how much I missed coming here until recently! You have been awesome welcoming me back! :goodvibesThank yoU!

Oh Amy, I am just glad you are finishing! :hug::grouphug::hug: You have had far too many other things going on to worry about a TR...Thanks for coming back and finishing, I am loving hearing about it! I have missed you! :flower3: As you write I am sure even more will come back to you! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I talked to the director of our Make-a-Wish chapter for the first time today, as well as the travel coordinator. We are going to meet with Maddox's Wish Granters soon! So even though it's not officially official, I started the PTR. Here's hoping everything comes together quickly and we can make this a Magical trip for both our Wish Kid, and our Princess.

Thank you Judy! It is so nice to relive it! It's actually a bit like therapy. I have other things to focus on. I can give my brain a chance to relax and not rehash what the dr said, or what is going on around here!! I didn't realize how much I missed coming here until recently! You have been awesome welcoming me back! :goodvibesThank yoU!

AWWW Amy, I really DO understand about needing a place to escape and dream of something more than Medical stuff all of the time! I love the DIS, although I will say this thread hasn't been the same for me since Maroo has been MIA. I am SO excited you have another trip to look forward to and you are doing an AMAZING job on your TR!!! SAVOR the moments!

I talked to the director of our Make-a-Wish chapter for the first time today, as well as the travel coordinator. We are going to meet with Maddox's Wish Granters soon! So even though it's not officially official, I started the PTR. Here's hoping everything comes together quickly and we can make this a Magical trip for both our Wish Kid, and our Princess.

I have already visited your PTR, but wanted to say here as well....
TO THE DIS!!!!!

What did any of you do to thank Make-A-Wish when you returned? We only dealt with our coordinators (who I have thanked already, but might want to do more). It feels a little weird being back a week and we haven't really been able to express our thanks yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter