• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my girls are really excited about Epcot - especially the Seas area (my favourite animal is a manatee, and I've passed that on to the girls :rolleyes1), and Spaceship Earth. Of course, that's all in theory and I don't know how it's going to go when we're actually there. C (at 5 1/2) is going to love it, I think, but she is quite bookish and loves things like science and world cultures.

I think the fact that they're looking forward to Epcot will make a big difference. The biggest thing I've seen posted is that kids go to MK where there is so much geared for the younger kids, then expect Epcot to be the same way. Angel had her own wdw guide book for kids, and knew exactly what to expect. She really enjoyed the kidcot spots, and it sounds like C would too. Here's a link to a list of greetings for the different countries that C may enjoy learning http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=358010&highlight=saying+hello+in+the+countries . You may need to limit the time at the Seas, Angel would happily have spent more time there. :)

hey yall we just found out that the big reveal party is on feb 10th....and we are still going to keep it a surprise for him eventhough they said that we can tell him now or let them surprise him. and I found out that they do pay for sourviners and stuff....so exciting....:cool1::dance3:

hey yall we just found out that the big reveal party is on feb 10th....and we are still going to keep it a surprise for him eventhough they said that we can tell him now or let them surprise him. and I found out that they do pay for sourviners and stuff....so exciting....:cool1::dance3:

That's awesome. We kept the trip a secret from our kids until the reveal 3 days before we left. It was awesome as it's the state highway patrolmen who run the wish project. So 4 troopers met us at pizza hut for lunch, the kids were absolutely shocked. It was great.

Hello all! We got more info about Emma's wish trip today:thumbsup2 While I as hoping for a direct flight to Orlando we will have a connecting flight in Baltimore.:confused3 So...we will be heading North to get to the South:rotfl2: We won't get to Orlando till 3:00pm on the 23rd and leave the 29th at 4:30pm with a DIRECT FLIGHT!:banana: Thank you JESUS::yes:: This will be my first time to fly as I have a mortal FEAR of flying and I hope I don't pass out or something worse:scared1: Hugs to everyone!

That's awesome. We kept the trip a secret from our kids until the reveal 3 days before we left. It was awesome as it's the state highway patrolmen who run the wish project. So 4 troopers met us at pizza hut for lunch, the kids were absolutely shocked. It was great.
that sounds like fun a local restaurant is sponsoring him so we are doing it there... did u have family come with yall?

that sounds like fun a local restaurant is sponsoring him so we are doing it there... did u have family come with yall?

We could have had family come but it was during the week and people were working. It was nice to NOT have lots of people. I don't think the kids would have felt as connected to the patrolmanif there were family around. Plus they all got to sit in the patrol cars :-)

How exciting!! What a great way to find out he is going to Disney World! And you don't have to listen to him asking you everyday how much longer he has to wait :)

Hello all! We got more info about Emma's wish trip today:thumbsup2 While I as hoping for a direct flight to Orlando we will have a connecting flight in Baltimore.:confused3 So...we will be heading North to get to the South:rotfl2: We won't get to Orlando till 3:00pm on the 23rd and leave the 29th at 4:30pm with a DIRECT FLIGHT!:banana: Thank you JESUS::yes:: This will be my first time to fly as I have a mortal FEAR of flying and I hope I don't pass out or something worse:scared1: Hugs to everyone!

That is crazy that you have to go up to Baltimore before going down to Orlando:confused3 Glad you have a direct flight on the way back though! I hear you about flying... I am trying not to think of that part. I flew cross country to NY a few years ago and I had to take something to calm down... Not sure if that would work this time with the kiddos.

Jackie

Yay :cheer2:

Yay for having the flight info. :) It's crazy how connections can be so far off. Our first time flying we had no idea what we were doing, and had a connection in Minneapolis from Central IL. After that I made sure any connections took place south of us. Sounds like you have quite a distance to Baltimore from AL. Sorry you couldn't get a direct flight there. Praying about your flight anxiety. :hug:

Praying about your flight anxiety too Jackie. :hug:

Okay, fingers crossed that I've figured out the multi-quoting....

:cool1: Yay for party date! And how fun to make it a big reveal!

Hello all! We got more info about Emma's wish trip today While I as hoping for a direct flight to Orlando we will have a connecting flight in Baltimore. So...we will be heading North to get to the South We won't get to Orlando till 3:00pm on the 23rd and leave the 29th at 4:30pm with a DIRECT FLIGHT! Thank you JESUS This will be my first time to fly as I have a mortal FEAR of flying and I hope I don't pass out or something worse Hugs to everyone!

Sorry to hear you won't have a direct flight on the way to Orlando. Hopefully you will all be so excited about the trip you won't worry about flying :hug: And Baltimore from AL? That's just plain silly!

I discovered that I have flying anxiety as well when my husband and I went on a trip in November - it's ridiculous, as I've probably flown on over 200 flights prior. I think the stress and worrying of the past year probably just caught up with me. I'm hoping that seeing Ja on her very first flight will distract me.

I think the fact that they're looking forward to Epcot will make a big difference. The biggest thing I've seen posted is that kids go to MK where there is so much geared for the younger kids, then expect Epcot to be the same way. Angel had her own wdw guide book for kids, and knew exactly what to expect. She really enjoyed the kidcot spots, and it sounds like C would too. Here's a link to a list of greetings for the different countries that C may enjoy learning http://www.disboards.com/showthread....+the+countries . You may need to limit the time at the Seas, Angel would happily have spent more time there.

Aw, thank you! C will love that! She's gone through so much with her sister sick, that I'm really trying to think of special things for her. She's a great big sis!
What guide book did Angel have? The girls would LOVE their own book!

hey yall did yall bring your own strollers? or can you get them at gktw? just thought that I would ask...

hey yall did yall bring your own strollers? or can you get them at gktw? just thought that I would ask...

GKTW does not have strollers. But with the GKTW button your child gets, you get free stroller rentals at the parks. Just go straight to the stroller spot inside each park, show the button, and they give on to you. We did doubles each time.
I will add, we did bring 2 single strollers as well but we have more kids. We used the double rental and one single at each park. That way the baby could sleep in a comfy-er stroller.

GKTW does not have strollers. But with the GKTW button your child gets, you get free stroller rentals at the parks. Just go straight to the stroller spot inside each park, show the button, and they give on to you. We did doubles each time.
I will add, we did bring 2 single strollers as well but we have more kids. We used the double rental and one single at each park. That way the baby could sleep in a comfy-er stroller.
ok thank you very much! I thought that I read that but wasn't sure.
so I got some really cool info today:cool2:...my mother in law went to the dr today and noticied the last name and asked my mother in law if she had a grandson in the town we lived in. she said yeah and we found out that he is one of my son's sponsors for his trip. that is pretty cool and the dr was over the moon knowing that he was helping one of his patients family. hopefully everyone is doing ok and having a blast on your trips and planning them is fun too...:thumbsup2:cool2:

Krystle, we're looking at renting from Orlandostrollers. They can deliver and pick up the stroller from GKTW, and that way we have it for getting through parking lots and such. We also avoid the hassle of getting a new stroller and tag each day at the park.
Also, that's cool about your MIL's Dr! It's nice to know who's supporting you!

Question: Does anyone know if the GAC is valid for the entire week, or do we need to get a new one each day?

Ja is having a good week at school, even though it's almost cold enough for it to be closed (It was -32F with the wind chill today!). Kind of sad because she gets chemo the next 2 Mondays, and it's a type that really throws her for a loop for a few weeks after. She's also on steroids all that week, and 'roid Ja is not much fun at all. We usually end the week with some kind of public meltdown, often involving rolling around on the ground in a parking lot :eek::eek::eek:

Cameron's Pre trip report is up, check it out and please link to front page

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47358702#post47358702

I subscribed. :) Maroo hasn't been able to be around much, so the front page han't been updated in awhile.

so I got some really cool info today:cool2:...my mother in law went to the dr today and noticied the last name and asked my mother in law if she had a grandson in the town we lived in. she said yeah and we found out that he is one of my son's sponsors for his trip. that is pretty cool and the dr was over the moon knowing that he was helping one of his patients family.

That's really neat :)

Ja is having a good week at school, even though it's almost cold enough for it to be closed (It was -32F with the wind chill today!). Kind of sad because she gets chemo the next 2 Mondays, and it's a type that really throws her for a loop for a few weeks after. She's also on steroids all that week, and 'roid Ja is not much fun at all. We usually end the week with some kind of public meltdown, often involving rolling around on the ground in a parking lot :eek::eek::eek:

Glad Ja is having a good week. Brrr! It's cold here, but not that cold. Praying for her treatments. :hug: Most of the kids at clinic have leukemia, so we see what they go through, and know what weeks are the worst for them.

Cameron's Pre trip report is up, check it out and please link to front page

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47358702#post47358702

So glad you started his pre trip report. Going to check it out now :)

BRRR... That is cold! Praying for Ja as she has her chemo treatments.

Jackie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter