Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the info Maroo!

I wonder if I could call GKTW after we have everything ironed out and ask if my mom could stay there with us? She's ok with getting her own tickets and everything. I think the big thing is having to stay somewhere else, away from us and alone as my step-dad would be not going with her.

I'll have to check out the trip report. The lady that came today said we won't need any money (I had mentioned that it would be a good time because of our tax refund as well as the weather.) that they will give us spending moeny to cover everything. We plan on using it as wisely as possible. I would just really love to take Sloan to Chef Mickey's or something.

I'm sure I will do a trip report as soon as we figure things out a bit more. Maybe in a month or so when we get more details on everything.

Does GKTW have the same schedule every week or does it change up? I would like to sort of half way plan our trip (as relaxed as possible of course) and want to maybe sure we're able to do the activities they offer there.
You could call GKTW - 800-995-KIDS - but I am not sure if they will give you a straight answer at this point? Not sure if it is the official policy to offer them to stay? let us know what they say.

There are hotels quite close by. But some are sorta dumpy.

Normally it is the same...during the Holidays it may change up a bit...Right at the big Holidays. And sometimes they have extra parties that will make other things move to another night. But mostly it is the same.

you should ask your wish granter about the character dinner, mine booked ours for us, so we don't have to worry about taking the money out of the "extra" money, because its already done.

This is a great idea!

OH Maroo! Thank you so much, you almost made me cry!!! the email for it is pictures@decoratefordax.com

I also found this youtube video on facebook and there is a facebook group, just search Decorate for Dax..

The video is very touching, but about 8 minutes long, but make sure you watch about half way through. 200 people showed up on his lawn to pray after decorating the neighborhood and him and he family came out and were very touched. Breaks my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8wxsSdJlM

I just can not watch that tonight. :sad2: I will cry buckets. :(

I just typed out a lengthy message twice and got knocked offline before I hit send! Ugh!

The summary is, Deyki is hospitalized with pneumonia. He is getting better though and hopefully will go home sometime tomorrow. We need his blood cultures to be negative one more day in order to be discharged.

Gotta run, phone ringing!

Sooooo glad he is better!

IMG_1391.jpg

Great job!! :)

We just met with a someone from Dream Factory today. We will be going to GKTW in the next couple of months! The wish kid, my son Sloan, will be almost 4 when we go. He is diabetic and also suffers from sensorry processing disorder and is developmentally delayed. My daughters, will be 6 and almost 3 will also be going with us. My husband and I would love any tips you have as we will be planning things very soon.

Welcome!! Congrats on your Disney trip. My son also has sensory processing disorder and developmental delay along with a host of other issues. I've heard January is a great time to go as far as crowds.
I just typed out a lengthy message twice and got knocked offline before I hit send! Ugh!

The summary is, Deyki is hospitalized with pneumonia. He is getting better though and hopefully will go home sometime tomorrow. We need his blood cultures to be negative one more day in order to be discharged.

Gotta run, phone ringing!

Im sorry to hear Deyki is sick but it sounds like he is on the mend. Hope you are home soon.

Technically...no.

It is supposed to be for on site guests only.

And honestly...there are so many activities in the morning and at night at GKTW, that you probably won't really have a need for them. They also tend to be VERY crowded.

However...if you find yourself in a park and it is time to close and your children really want to stay a while, I would go to Guest Services in the park and ask the CM if they will make an exception for a wish family and let you stay.

I know of one wish family that was able to stay for EMH at Animal Kingdom (which is one park where it would be nice since it normally closes so early!)
I would agree with what maroo wrote about Extra Magic Hours.

A few other things to think about -
morning EMH are only an hour before regular opening, which means other guests who were not part of EMH start arriving one hour after it starts.

I don't know about you, but getting my DD going in the morning is a lot of work and not very fast (she has cerebral palsy, ADD and is obsessive/compulsive, amoung other things). Early EMH are too early for us and we are staying on site.

If you go and they won't let you in for the EMH, you will have to just stand around waiting until it does open.

The later EMH are nice because people who got there at park open are leaving, so the longer you stay, the less people will usually be there.

AK is really COOL at evening EMH - it's dim and mysterious and looks a lot different with lights on. Just be aware of what is not open. When we were there a few weeks ago only Asia, Discovery Island and Dinoland were open. The Nemo show is not presented at EMH because of the number of shows done during the day.

I was checking out the special needs stroller rental site and saw that they rent the Child Safety GPS. Anyone tried this before? DH wants to buy one now. :lmao:

For those of you who are doing Disney Family Nights during your trip countdown...I got this newsletter in my inbox and thought of you.

http://family.go.com/entertainment/...nd-recipes-t/?CMP=NLC-NL_7LittleThings_11_09_

Looks like that very long link doesn't work, so try this:
http://family.go.com/entertainment/
This one also looks like it has other themed nights you could use.

They are some cute Ideas and next Sunday is TOY STORY NIGHT woohoo! That was perfect timing! Thanks. This week we are doing Cinderalla and we are excited!princess:

Welcome to all the new families! :welcome:
We just got back from our trip and it was AMAZING!! party: You are in for such a great time. I'll try to get caught up on all the new families planning and get my trip report started soon.

Happy Birthday Mya! :bday:

Wow!

Go to sleep and miss a BUNCH!!

First...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mya!!!!
I can't believe you are already 7!!!

Thank you, Sue! :) Your posts are always right on point! :)

Love the links!!

Child GPS sounds like a GREAT idea. Especially if you have a runner. I got lost in Disney when I was a kid...about 7. That was a scary 30 minutes! Epcot right after the night fireworks/laser show. :sad2:

:)Happy Birthday Mya!! Hope you have a great day.

Thanks for the FFN links. Im thinking were going to have to do the Shrek. He's not Disney but he is at Universal!! :)

Thank you, Sue! :) Your posts are always right on point! :)
Glad to help out when I can.
Child GPS sounds like a GREAT idea. Especially if you have a runner. I got lost in Disney when I was a kid...about 7. That was a scary 30 minutes! Epcot right after the night fireworks/laser show. :sad2:
I have suggested them to some of the parents with children with autism, but no one has given feedback yet.

Happy Birthday, Mya :wizard:

Is there an underwater aquarium thing at seaworld? I always thought you could go inside somewheres and see the animals underwater? am i nuts? :rotfl: I can't find any info on the internet! any help would be super. :thumbsup2

If my husband wants to go on a rollercoaster which Savvy is too little for ... can he skip the line while Savvy and I wait for him with the badge or is it just for the rides that Savvy goes on? Has anyone done this...do you get weird looks?

Does anyone know if it is possible oget 4 day park hoppers instead of 3? I've decided that we're not going to go to Universal. There isn't relaly anything there my little guy can do. I would love him to have an extra day at Disney though.

Also, I know they have the Main Street Fire Department. I'm curious if they have an actual working fire truck like they do at DL? Sloan loves fire trucks and I thought that might be something cool we could work into his wish.

Does anyone know if it is possible oget 4 day park hoppers instead of 3? I've decided that we're not going to go to Universal. There isn't relaly anything there my little guy can do. I would love him to have an extra day at Disney though.

Have you actually checked out the Universal Site and/or been there before and know it wouldn't be of interest? I only say that because, to me, sections of it look like a little kids' dream (Suessville in particular - that section looks like a hoot with lots of adorable little kid rides!; there's a Curious George Playland, a Popeye and Olive Playland, a Fievel Playland; a live Barney show, an animal show and a Suess show). Plus, for the holidays, there's a special live Grinch performance ( based on How the Grinch Stole Christmas) AND a Holiday Macy's Parade with floats and balloons!!!!!!!!! (but of course, I don't know when you're going - the holiday stuff may be beside the point) Gee, can you tell I'm excited to go??????? LOL Anyway, just wanted to make sure you knew. There aren't going to be too many times in your life when someone's going to hand you free tickets IYKWIM?

Pamela :santa:

Olivia (9), Nicholas (8), Matty (6), and Brennan (4)

Matty's Wish Thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter