• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLESS YOU! I am so glad someone is doing this. It would be good for folks to add that link to their signatures to make it easier for people navigating the threads to learn what is going on.

Bill

This is just plain awesome. I am impressed as I know how much work this takes. Thanks.

Thank you, Bill!! :hug:

I have lots of time on my hands, as my work has me on hold with insurance companies for a good bit of every day...so I am on here ... well.... a LOT! So, I have been trying to keep up. But I do miss them sometimes, though! I forget to subscribe...and lose them. So if you see one that is not on there, please feel free to PM me!

Did you see that you are quoted on the hints on pg 2, too! :) Your legacy lives on!! Even in your absence. :)

Hey Linda:

It is cool to see some of the same names here that were on the Disboards two years ago when I was planning. You were a tremendous amount of help to me, answering questions on threads, when I was planning, and I am so glad to see you are still involved. Thanks!

~Elisa

I third that! This "blast from the past week" has been really cool!!! :)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

The gingerbread house and ice cream parlor do not take cash, they take coupons, which can be purchased - you'll be told when where and how much when you check in or at your briefing meeting.

This is something I did not know. Will this be covered by MAW?? The reason I'm asking is I need to know if we should start saving our money? Also I was reading through some of the older threads and saw that someone was talking about passports for Epcot could someone give me a little more info. on those??? I will try posting a little more tonight about our DD and her wish.

Tammy :)

Ok I just talked with 3 amazing people at GKTW...everything is set with my sister and son, and they are all set with the food, they do not have to pay for their meals at GKTW...:cool1: That is a HUGE help...they only thing we have to do is purchase their park tickets. Quick question, do you need days on your tickets, or a is a 3 day hopper good to use anyday? Same with Sea World and US/AI?

If anyone has any good posts for discount tickets, please share with me...:yay:

I am so excitied....:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Jake's trip will be here before we know it...:yay: :yay:

Ohh one more silly question, we do know a limo picks us up at the house the day we leave, but what about the way home, does a limo bring us home too or do we have to arranage for our transportation home?

Ok I just talked with 3 amazing people at GKTW...everything is set with my sister and son, and they are all set with the food, they do not have to pay for their meals at GKTW...:cool1: That is a HUGE help...they only thing we have to do is purchase their park tickets. Quick question, do you need days on your tickets, or a is a 3 day hopper good to use anyday? Same with Sea World and US/AI?

I am so excitied....:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Jake's trip will be here before we know it...:yay: :yay:

Ohh one more silly question, we do know a limo picks us up at the house the day we leave, but what about the way home, does a limo bring us home too or do we have to arranage for our transportation home?

Glad everything is working out. a 3 day hopper is good any day 14 days from the first use unless you have the nonexpiration on them. Here is a site you might want to check out for tickets http://www.igo2orlando.com/Disney_World_Tickets/Disney_World_Tickets_Prices.html
It's a little cheaper than buying them at the gate. There are many sites that will come up if you google discount disney world tickets. I did have them saved but that was on my old computer! And as we are going in Aug on the Buy 4 days get 3 free deal, everything is straight from the world so...... Anyway hope this helps. I'll keep my eyes open for any more sites!!!:goodvibes

This is something I did not know. Will this be covered by MAW?? The reason I'm asking is I need to know if we should start saving our money? Also I was reading through some of the older threads and saw that someone was talking about passports for Epcot could someone give me a little more info. on those??? I will try posting a little more tonight about our DD and her wish.

We haven't gone yet but I thought that everything at GTKW was covered by MAW and you get a daily allowance for everything else...

Ok I just talked with 3 amazing people at GKTW...everything is set with my sister and son, and they are all set with the food, they do not have to pay for their meals at GKTW...:cool1: That is a HUGE help...

OH I never thought of that we have someone extra traveling with us as well. We will be paying for her tickets but I just assumed that since she will be staying with us at GKTW that her meals would be free like ours. Should I call them as well and ask??? :confused3

We haven't gone yet but I thought that everything at GTKW was covered by MAW and you get a daily allowance for everything else...

See that's what I thought to but when I read that I got a little nervous I must say. We are on a really tight budget as it is. :confused:

OH I never thought of that we have someone extra traveling with us as well. We will be paying for her tickets but I just assumed that since she will be staying with us at GKTW that her meals would be free like ours. Should I call them as well and ask??? :confused3

I would call them. Did you got thru Make-A-Wish? If they know of the person coming with you that was not approved for the wish ( meaning MAW does not pay for them to go) but was told they could stay with you at GKTW, than you should be set, but I would call and make sure they have your other person listed. I was told by our MAW chapter that my sister and my son would have to pay for their meals at GKTW, so that is why I was unsure. When I spoke to the lady at GKTW, she told me that all we have to do is pay for their park tickets, their food at the village is free just like us.

So to answer your question, yes I would call to just double check. They were SOOOO nice with me on the phone....:thumbsup2

Glad everything is working out. a 3 day hopper is good any day 14 days from the first use unless you have the nonexpiration on them. Here is a site you might want to check out for tickets http://www.igo2orlando.com/Disney_World_Tickets/Disney_World_Tickets_Prices.html
It's a little cheaper than buying them at the gate. There are many sites that will come up if you google discount disney world tickets. I did have them saved but that was on my old computer! And as we are going in Aug on the Buy 4 days get 3 free deal, everything is straight from the world so...... Anyway hope this helps. I'll keep my eyes open for any more sites!!!:goodvibes

Thank you...:hug: Going to check out that site right now....:dance3:

I am not sure who Linda was answering when she said about the cash deal. **Addendum: Gosh, I just read this last sentence and it sounded mean. Sorry! I did not intend for it to sound so short. Sorry, Linda!!! :) I am sure you were answering a post...I just got lost in it. :) Sorry!

EVERYTHING is free when you are at GKTW. All of your meals, snacks, etc at GKTW are free!

Your snacks at the parks, souvies, meals at the parks, character meals, extra stuff...is all covered by your MAW check...but you won't know how much that is until right before your trip.

Some families have been pleasantly surprised when they got theirs and some have been underwhelmed.

Totally varies by chapter and what you have worked out ahead of time for them to pay vs. what you pay.

For example, we totally paid out of our pocket for the Halloween party tickets (this goes on in Sept/Oct) and some of our meals. And William's souvies were on us, too.

We saved $$ from MAW by bringing our own snacks (bought at WalMart) and getting FREE water from the counter service restaurants...this saved us a bunch of $$ on junk. We gave the kids a junk fund ($10 per day) that they could spend on snacks and they got a certain amt for the whole trip for souvies they could spend however they wanted. Some of this was covered by MAW, some was not.

You can buy a 3 day park hopper!! :) For Disney.

And awesome on them being able to stay!!!!!!

Uh...gosh...I have never heard of the trip home?!?!?!??! I assume MAW arranges transportation of some kind?

When you find out the answer, let us know. I can't believe that has not come up before.

cool!!!!!! Let us know how this works. :)

See my answer above. :) lol I talk enough as it is... :lmao:

If they are in your "group" for GKTW...like I was "pre-approved" to go with Lauren and her family, then everything, including tickets, is covered. If you choose to bring extra family, then you would have to get their tickets.

It is possible to have someone bring family that has to buy their own tickets, but GKTW will provide room and board for free since you are already there and they have room for them.

Are you confused yet?

See that's what I thought to but when I read that I got a little nervous I must say. We are on a really tight budget as it is. :confused:

I hope I answered your question above, too.

We made 3 budgets...the "gotta have it" budget (bare necessities...eating ramin noodles for lunch) :lmao: ...the "wanna have it" budget (extra things that would be nice...but mostly cheaper meals) and the "living it up" budget where we got to do the Halloween party and eat out, etc.

I would recommend doing something like that so that once you get your money you will be better prepared with how to spend it. Don't forget tax, tips, gas when you are there, etc.

I have heard families say that they were "super excited" ... "very pleased" with the MAW check to cover expenses and I have seen families come back and say that they spent "$1000+" dollars on items when they were in Disney. But, I do think that the money was spent on snacks, toys, etc because she wanted her child to have a wonderful trip. (Which I TOTALLY get!) But if you are on a tight budget...I would try to give kids a certain amt of money so that you don't feel guilty saying no to every toy store that you will see in Disney. And buy lots of snacks to carry to the parks so you don't end up spending a bunch of money on snacks every day, too!! :)

Ok...I will be quiet now....

really.

Yah amazing how having sick kids can kill the budget...we are saving every extra penny we can right now for our trip..

OK, another silly button question:rotfl2:
We are definitely going to cater to everything that our daughter wants to do, but if we happen to pass a great big roller coaster that daddy can't live without going on and I stay and watch the kids while he gets on, will he have to wait in line even though he'll be decked out with make-a-wish shirt,buttons,ect.?:confused:

OK, another silly button question:rotfl2:
We are definitely going to cater to everything that our daughter wants to do, but if we happen to pass a great big roller coaster that daddy can't live without going on and I stay and watch the kids while he gets on, will he have to wait in line even though he'll be decked out with make-a-wish shirt,buttons,ect.?:confused:

Your wish child would be miserable sitting on a bench waiting for hours while daddy rides. Have daddy take the GAC, ride his ride and then meet back at the exit. Wish families are the last ones to abuse this privelage. Although this is the wish child's trip, it really is for the whole family. A child's chronic illness impacts everyone emotionally, physically, financially. The week you have in Orlando is your chance to be treated like a VIP and take your mind off your worries for a little bit.

Yah amazing how having sick kids can kill the budget...we are saving every extra penny we can right now for our trip..

Rest assured, you are fine :) Linda was talking about guests who were not approved by the wish organization who are coming with the family...basically extended family who don't live with the wish child. Those people pay for their tickets into the park and their meals at GKTW. Our finances were extremely tight as well, as are those of most families with chronically ill children. Wish agencies are very aware of that and want your trip to be expense free. We received a very generous cash amount to spend on the extra meal you don't get at GKTW every day, gas money, parking, tolls, hotels (we drove there from our house) and spending money for the wish child. It was enough for me to get everyone a couple of new outfits before we left, take care of all our expenses, and have nice souvenirs (to include the Photo Pass) when we came home.

Oops...I stand corrected...looks like the meals may be covered for those extended family members. Best bet is to ask GKTW to be sure.

Your wish child would be miserable sitting on a bench waiting for hours while daddy rides. Have daddy take the GAC, ride his ride and then meet back at the exit. Wish families are the last ones to abuse this privelage. Although this is the wish child's trip, it really is for the whole family. A child's chronic illness impacts everyone emotionally, physically, financially. The week you have in Orlando is your chance to be treated like a VIP and take your mind off your worries for a little bit.

You know what I am usually the first one in my family to say "I don't fill right just cutting in line like that" and usually let people go before me. But on this trip I am going to try real hard to say "You know what we have theses passes and we are going first" and to heck what anyone thinks about us cutting in front of them.... Thats going to be hard for me... :lmao:

You know what I am usually the first one in my family to say "I don't fill right just cutting in line like that" and usually let people go before me. But on this trip I am going to try real hard to say "You know what we have theses passes I we should go first" and to heck what anyone thinks about us cutting in front of them.... Thats going to be hard for me... :lmao:

There will be those who raise their eyes, but a CM will quickly come to your defense :) Most people have absolutely no idea about the tough times we have all come through. I would much rather wait in line for Expedition Everest than have my son hospitalized for 23 times...unfortunately it was not a choice I was given. Disney and so many wish organizations recognize all the sacrifices and tough times you have been through and they are letting you know that they value you....make sure you don't spend too much time feeling guilty;)

OK I have asked this question in another thread:

I know my DD the wish child will be getting a GAC as well as MAW/GKTW buttons. But we have a little one also with disabilities that will be with us. Now we have someone coming on the trip with us to help out with this child. There may be times when we split up from them and they may take in some little kids rides on there own. It was suggested to me that I should get him his own GAC. My question is: Should I talk to the CM's at the MAW lounge about that or just get one from Guest Relations?

OK I have asked this question in another thread:

I know my DD the wish child will be getting a GAC as well as MAW/GKTW buttons. But we have a little one also with disabilities that will be with us. Now we have someone coming on the trip with us to help out with this child. There may be times when we split up from them and they may take in some little kids rides on there own. It was suggested to me that I should get him his own GAC. My question is: Should I talk to the CM's at the MAW lounge about that or just get one from Guest Relations?

Go to Guest Services in the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter