Make a Wish (and other organizations!) - Wish Trippers...UNITE!! Volume 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooo...30 photo pass pics...been there, done that. We did over 45 pictures in the back yard until we got the ONE that was acceptable for the Christmas card....it is like herding cats!

Yeah...I was smart this time and took a LOT. Also on a photopass group, so that will help a lot, too! Each time I saw one of those guys or gals, I would get one. Even if I already had one at that site already...figured, why not, right! And I am SOOO glad I did. Some pictures were MUCH better than others.

Yeah...I was smart this time and took a LOT. Also on a photopass group, so that will help a lot, too! Each time I saw one of those guys or gals, I would get one. Even if I already had one at that site already...figured, why not, right! And I am SOOO glad I did. Some pictures were MUCH better than others.

To all the wish families...take advantage of the Photo Pass people. Most of you are primary caregivers for special needs kids....and most don't have the whole family in pictures...let the Disney people snap away! Get your whole family in the picture. You will want those memories! Some suggestions I have seen are to take pictures at different times of the day (light/dark) because the park just looks different at night than during the day). I wish we had done more photo pass opportunities.

I have a quick question. My son Matthew is very small for his age(32 1/ inches).He's the size of an 18 month old and he is almost 4 1/2 years old.. Cognitively, he is above average. He was tested at a six year old level. My question is that some of the small kiddie rides at Disney have a height requirement. For example,he really wants to ride the "Alladin carpet ride" but is too small. Does anyone know if they make any exceptions in this case when the rides are small enough for a typical two year old to get on?

This is from Allears.net. It is all the current height requirements for Disney. I hope that helps determine what he can go out without any strings. As far as FantasyLand, there aren't any requirements and the same goes for Aladdin. They just ask that smaller children sit on the inside. Same with Dumbo. He can even go on Pirates. Just hold on tight!

http://allears.net/tp/rr.htm

Most of the small kiddie rides there are 36 inches and up height requirement. I would have to have 4 inch heals on him... I understand for safety reasons on the bigger rides, but these are small kiddie rides that most two year olds can ride . To me, he would be much more apt to hold on than a two year old would.
We have had this problem at our local six flags park. He was almost 4 years old and was too small to ride most of the kiddie rides(baby teacups, little airplanes, boats, little motercycles, etc.) It's just sad that most kids much younger than him are able to ride.

Thanks for all of the information. I think that it will be very helpful. I am glad that a lot of the rides we can all go on together.

I know he's not a Make A Wish kid yet, but Aidan turned Two Today!

clipbirthday.gif

Happy Second Birthday "Superman"

BirthdayCake_clr.jpg

Most of the small kiddie rides there are 36 inches and up height requirement. I would have to have 4 inch heals on him... I understand for safety reasons on the bigger rides, but these are small kiddie rides that most two year olds can ride . To me, he would be much more apt to hold on than a two year old would.
We have had this problem at our local six flags park. He was almost 4 years old and was too small to ride most of the kiddie rides(baby teacups, little airplanes, boats, little motercycles, etc.) It's just sad that most kids much younger than him are able to ride.

I think you'll find very few rides that he won't be able to go on.

Am I the only one worried about Noah? We have not had an update since Friday night? :confused3

Still praying for them...but I am getting concerned.

We are going on a wish trip through Kid's Wish Network. My 7 yr. old's wish is to ride the Indiana Jones roller coaster and see legos! This means we are going to Disneyland. I don't know how to start a page about everything. Any help would be great!

I think you are talking about a pre-trip report, right? On this website?

:)

If so...

Uh...hang on ... I think I have a link with good instructions...

*leaves to look

Here are some good instructions for starting a pre-trip report!!! :)

You can start a pre-trip report by going to the Pre-trip board and starting a new thread. You can name it what you'd like but it's nice to include that it is a wish trip and the dates. Here is a link to the pre-trip board if you have a hard time finding it (it can be a bit confusing at first here :) ):

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144

If you have any questions about planning your trip, Give Kids the World or anything else, ask away. :)

I do have a question. My mother-in-law is going to go with us, but she dosn't want to go if she dosn't get a button. She just dosn't want to feel like the third wheel. Does anyone know if other family members will also get buttons?

I ended up buying Jake a MAW t-shirt ( our chapter does not give out t-shirts) and than I also bought 6 of the MAW buttons for each one of us to wear including Jake. We were told that Jake is the only one that wears the GKTW button, so I just to be on the safe side, I was told to make sure you wear your button cause the CM can see that button from far way, and than they will be sure to look for the GKTW button. I assume anyone can go to the park with a MAW button if they really wanted too, but at least they will get a heads up to look for the GKTW button. I just worry so I made sure we were all covered...:rotfl2:

This saddens me...:sad2: I know alot of the kiddie rides there are safe, even if they are under the height requirement. If I am not miskaten, the Alladien was a ride that went up and down and as long as you sit with him, I can not see why he can not go on it.

I am trying to explain this whole height thing to Jake when it comes to some of the roller coasters, cause he is 49 inches, but his weight..still scares me as he is only 46lbs and I think how on earth are these over the shoulder harness hold in a rollercoaster.

This saddens me...:sad2: I know alot of the kiddie rides there are safe, even if they are under the height requirement. If I am not miskaten, the Alladien was a ride that went up and down and as long as you sit with him, I can not see why he can not go on it.

I am trying to explain this whole height thing to Jake when it comes to some of the roller coasters, cause he is 49 inches, but his weight..still scares me as he is only 46lbs and I think how on earth are these over the shoulder harness hold in a rollercoaster.

Has Jake ever been on a roller coaster?

The only one that I would very much discourage for him might be Rock N Roll in DHS. It was very jerky for me and was very fast. And it went upside down...although I don't know when...because my eyes were SHUT!

The rest have lap bars and will click down right on his legs as far down as you can get it. You might want to make sure he rides with the person in your party with the skinniest legs, though. There were small kids that barely made the height requirement riding a lot of those rides! And they don't go upside down or anything.

Am I the only one worried about Noah? We have not had an update since Friday night? :confused3

Still praying for them...but I am getting concerned.

Yeah! This was posted on Noah's site...in the comments section. I think she heard my cry for an update. :)

This is someone named Kim and I pasted exactly what she posted on his site...

Just an FYI - I went to see Noah this morning (Monday) and Noah is still in PICU and on the CPAP. This morning his blood gases were not as good as they had hoped when they decreased his settings, so he is still on the highest settings. Nichole said his chest is still really tight and they are just trying to ride out the RSV. Oh, and his GJ tube came out so they are hoping to get that back in today sometime.

Nichole & Brad - hope you don't mind that I put this little update here...people were wondering and since I saw you today thought I'd post it so people can continue to pray for Noah.

Hugs to my Bean...
Kim

I am going to pray for those blood gases to get better!

I ended up buying Jake a MAW t-shirt ( our chapter does not give out t-shirts) and than I also bought 6 of the MAW buttons for each one of us to wear including Jake. We were told that Jake is the only one that wears the GKTW button, so I just to be on the safe side, I was told to make sure you wear your button cause the CM can see that button from far way, and than they will be sure to look for the GKTW button. I assume anyone can go to the park with a MAW button if they really wanted too, but at least they will get a heads up to look for the GKTW button. I just worry so I made sure we were all covered...:rotfl2:

The GKTW button is the best magic. Each family does get only one, but it is good for the whole group. We had a lot of plans for splitting up to take in age appropriate rides, but we ended up doing this very little. Half the fun is watching the Wish Kid enjoying there things. I believe that GKTW changes their button color to avoid counterfeiting. The kids each got a GKTW tee shirt to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter