Major Drop in Quality of Disney CM's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you pick 1 out of my 5 complaints about Le Celier and tell me that my "beef" is with management. Cute.

I said THIS beef. Not all your Le Cellier beefs. Maybe read more closely next time. You obviously didn't know that they have a policy against doing this type of substitution. You can let them know you think it's a bad policy when you email Guest Services (if you do so, since you have instead made the decision to stop vacationing there) but that's not the server's fault. While we are at it, I don't think taking 10 minutes for a refill is a huge sin either. However, rushing guests out the door is defiintely bad form, and all the popular restaurants at WDW seem to do it. Move em in and out, get more through.

This is restaurant policy at Le Cellier. They will sub something that is a side for another entree, but they will not allow subbing a side accompanying an entree for an item that is on the separate sides list. This "beef" is with the management, not the server.

But the server's job is to deliver that information in a pleasant manner. They had other "beefs" - soup was not delivered, they were being rushed and my #1 pet peeve: letting your drink run dry. I get that they are overworked and underpaid but you can't take it out on your guests. People will forgive if it's done in a positive way. For example - we did the Star Wars dinner at H&V in May and the cm forgot to deliver our drinks, we had to track her down. She apologized profusely and went out of her way the rest of the time.

He said nothing about how that particular news was delivered, just that he didn't understand why he could sub fries and his mother couldn't sub mashed potatoes. That's why. Not interested in answering his other complaints about Le Cellier because I don't know if there's a policy about those or not. But I do know about the subbing sides policy. It's been discussed ever since the dining plan came out and people started streaming into Le Cellier.

Not interested in answering his other complaints about Le Cellier because I don't know if there's a policy about those or not. But I do know about the subbing sides policy.

LOL they have policies ensuring that drinks run dry and are not refilled, soups are delivered late, soups are delivered without spoons, and guests are told to box up 50% of their steaks. I'm sure those policies are hard and fast. :rotfl2:

At least now you know the answer to the mashed potato thing. And so does anyone else who wants to sub sides in there. That is why they will tell you that you need to pay for the side you want. I never said your service wasn't horrid for much of your meal - just that it isn't the server's fault that your mother would have had to pay for mashed potatoes.

I'm here right now and I have to say, I blame most of the issues on the guests. Are there bad CM's? Sure! However, these poor CM's deal with rude, entitled people everyday, all day long. I don't know how they do it. I don't blame them for raising their voices! They are telling people what needs to be done and those people are ignoring them over and over. Because the rules don't apply to them.

We just arrived yesterday and I have nothing but good things to say about the CM's on This and every trip we take. Yesterday we were checking in and a super nice CM took my daughter and starting dancing with her right in the lobby to keep her occupied. Then at MK last night I was freezing and went to get a hot chocolate. They were just getting ready to close up so they gave it to me for free. Then we got a bucket of popcorn and the CM filled two little containers with popcorn and gave them to my kids, for free.

I honestly don't care if I see CM's chatting with each other. Who cares? As long as they are not talking about inappropriate things in front of my kids, who cares? Do you sit at your job for 8 hours a day and not say a word to your co-workers? I certainly don't! I just do not understand expecting CM's to act like robots and it seems like a lot of people do. I am pretty laid back though so not much bothers me all that much. Although, the constant line cutting at 7D really irks me. :( We waited in line for 120 minutes today and I cannot believe the amount of people who send 1 person in and then the whole party comes when they are far into the line. We had it happen at least 5 times in our line today. Again, rude guests.

I was on a trip last month, and happily enough, I don't agree with the OP AT ALL!!! :)

I was on a trip last month, and happily enough, I don't agree with the OP AT ALL!!! :)

Ditto for me. :)

OP, why take the time to post (and defend) your grievances, but not take time to Email Guest Services to give them a chance to wrong this right?

My first trip to Disney as an adult was 2010 and I couldn't get over how friendly and helpful all the CM's were that we encountered.

Since 2010, we've been back to DW six times. I have never encountered a bossy or rude cm, but I have noticed a decline in CM friendliness. I have noticed some bored/disinterested looking cm's, mostly by the rides/attractions. I have also noticed more and more young people working these areas and fewer older people.

Ditto for me. :)

OP, why take the time to post (and defend) your grievances, but not take time to Email Guest Services to give them a chance to wrong this right?

I wanted to share my thoughts with the rest of the Dis community to get a sense if I was crazy or if others were experience the same poor service.

I have no interest in sending Disney an email with my thoughts only to receive a copy and paste response from a grunt that states, "Thank you for your feedback. We here at Disney truly value our guests and hope that each person enjoys a magical trip. We will pass your thoughts along to management. Have a hip a dee do day."

I can honestly say that I have never had a rude CM encounter. Not even this past October after I had been reading about all of the "OMG CS has gone down the toilet" posts. So I was on the lookout for it so to say. And nothing.

I did run into a couple that were not super duper happy go lucky, but then again I had also just seen them deal with the rudest jerks of guests I have ever seen. It's hard to take that sort of abuse and not let it bother you so I won't hold it against the CMs. Especially since the moment that I smiled, said hello, and made a joke about things they were back to laughing and smiling.

Now, I am not saying that everyone who has had a bad experience is lying. Every company, especially one the size of Disney, will have a bad employee get through. But that doesn't mean that there is an overall drop in quality or that those bad CMs are the norm.

I'm here right now and I have to say, I blame most of the issues on the guests. Are there bad CM's? Sure! However, these poor CM's deal with rude, entitled people everyday, all day long. I don't know how they do it. I don't blame them for raising their voices! They are telling people what needs to be done and those people are ignoring them over and over. Because the rules don't apply to them.

I am definitely biased on this as my daughter is a CM but I have to agree about the entitlement thing. I wouldn't last a day. Here are two scenarios that I don't think I would have dealt with well AND unfortunately I would probably would not have been friendly to the next guest or two that I encountered.

A man attempted to park his child's stroller in a non-stroller area. My daughter told him that he couldn't park it there. He argued with her then finally left. She went to her next rotation and the guy came back and parked his stroller and used a stroller lock so it couldn't be moved.

My daughter works one of the shows. It was pouring rain and a couple sitting on their scooters parked at the exit blocking the doors. My daughter told them they couldn't park there as they were blocking the exit and the couple refused to move saying they weren't going out in the pouring rain.

Unfortunately these are just two of many examples of rude guests.

I wanted to share my thoughts with the rest of the Dis community to get a sense if I was crazy or if others were experience the same poor service.

I have no interest in sending Disney an email with my thoughts only to receive a copy and paste response from a grunt that states, "Thank you for your feedback. We here at Disney truly value our guests and hope that each person enjoys a magical trip. We will pass your thoughts along to management. Have a hip a dee do day."

Hmmm.... Well if it's of any help I recently contacted Guest Services because I had an issue (wasn't even Disney's fault) and they went above and beyond my wildest expectations to make sure my next visit was that much more enjoyable. Totally expected a "cut and paste response", but didn't get one... maybe this time you won't either.

Prices go up, service and quality go down. But people still flood to Disney World. Go figure.:rotfl:

Don't blame the CM's, blame Disney. Greed makes companies do a lot of less than magical stuff.

To the OP, the resort policy is to put people in rooms. If someone else was checking in and wanted your room category, they would get it even if you called 100 times to confirm.

At Le Celier the CM probably got in trouble because you took too long to eat. They are expected to turn tables over in a specified time.

In the parks, CM are suppose to move people along, ordering the heard moves it faster.

Disney is now all about filling the parks, moving the guests, and increasing the profit. Their 1.5 billion investment in MDE and MB's is to increase profit, not to improve the guest experience.

:earsboy: Bill

You are spot on.

He said nothing about how that particular news was delivered, just that he didn't understand why he could sub fries and his mother couldn't sub mashed potatoes. That's why. Not interested in answering his other complaints about Le Cellier because I don't know if there's a policy about those or not. But I do know about the subbing sides policy. It's been discussed ever since the dining plan came out and people started streaming into Le Cellier.

Yes, their new police is "inattentive service" from the sounds of it. Absolutely no excuses for the bad service.

Prices go up, service and quality go down. But people still flood to Disney World. Go figure.:rotfl:

Because not everyone agrees that things are going down hill. We all get to vote with our dollars. Isn' t it nice how that works?

We had an amazing experience with a CM at BoG who if taken the wrong way might have been viewed as rushing us....

We waited over an hour to get in thanksgiving night ... There were tons of empty tables when we walked in and I had a very cranky 5 year old whose 640 dinner was now happening closer to 8 .... Ok mood set?

Our waiter was Joe D. and he reminded us so much of a dish from the song ... He rushed here and there non stop ce back three times to check on us before we ordered ... Saying things about how he had so much up do before the master came and was moving quickly here and there ....It totally changed our mood. We were giggling because it was just like being in the song. He even at one point came in with my daughters refill walked past us to another table helped them went out of our sight and came back only to realize he didn't have the milk ... He went and got another one very quickly. He got a huge tip and a huge thank you....

Some CM still have magic

To the OP, I totally agree. I posted about the same thing the other day. It was startling to me how much the service has changed.

I don't understand why folks are so vehemently against posts like this one. If you are on the Dis, you LOVE Disney. So if Disney lovers are starting to notice some not-so-good changes, don't you think it breaks their heart?

The whole, "If you don't like it, don't go" argument irks me because I LOVE Disney and WANT to go. However, if the service keeps slipping, I won't want to give them my vacation time and money and that is so sad to me.

I have had CM's bend over backwards from the bell hop to the Assistant GM at the GF. Who cares if some chat amongst themselves as long as they do their job well. If anything has changed its the typical guest. Had a CM rewrap all the souvenirs we bought and had to delivered to the resort because she felt they were not wrapped good enough we didn't even ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter