Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update on Big Thunder Mountain Refurbishment? They let me fast pass it should I go change it to something else?

Reading this thread has made me fearful of going at any other time of the year. We always go around December 10th to 26th when all attractions are open. I would feel cheated if some of the attractions were not running. Are there any other months you can you guarantee all attractions are open? I would like to go when its a little warmer one time.

Reading this thread has made me fearful of going at any other time of the year. We always go around December 10th to 26th when all attractions are open. I would feel cheated if some of the attractions were not running. Are there any other months you can you guarantee all attractions are open? I would like to go when its a little warmer one time.
I don't think there is any month you can guarantee all attractions are open. There are times on a given day a ride will be down because of technical difficulties. Sure there are times where less refurbs will take place like mid summer and December but you can't guarantee it.

I don't think there is any month you can guarantee all attractions are open. There are times on a given day a ride will be down because of technical difficulties. Sure there are times where less refurbs will take place like mid summer and December but you can't guarantee it.
Mmmmm mid summer?I wanted warmer but not sure I could tolerate baking hot! Will have to stick to December as we haven't missed out on anything in the last 6 years, and hopefully it will be the same this year too. 4 weeks and 3 days until the Christmas magic begins again :santa:

Mmmmm mid summer?I wanted warmer but not sure I could tolerate baking hot! Will have to stick to December as we haven't missed out on anything in the last 6 years, and hopefully it will be the same this year too. 4 weeks and 3 days until the Christmas magic begins again :santa:
Spring break time would be the only other possibility.

Any idea what is happening at Jambo house? We saw a big crane there yesterday but couldn't figure out what they were doing.

Any idea what is happening at Jambo house? We saw a big crane there yesterday but couldn't figure out what they were doing.
Oh no, we arrive in 4 weeks! We had an email saying there would be some soft furnishing work going on but that wouldn't require a crane. Hopefully it's to help decorate the place for Christmas :santa:

Is anyone there now that can confirm RNRC refurb is complete and it's now reopen? I was also allowed to book FP for Splash and BTMRR for our 11/24-11/28 trip., so I'm confused about the posted 11/18 and 12/7 refurb dates??? Is Disney ahead of schedule on both?!

Is anyone there now that can confirm RNRC refurb is complete and it's now reopen? I was also allowed to book FP for Splash and BTMRR for our 11/24-11/28 trip., so I'm confused about the posted 11/18 and 12/7 refurb dates??? Is Disney ahead of schedule on both?!
Yes RnRc is open. Big thunder reopens on the 18th from its long refurb, splash has a one day refurb on 12/7. Nothing is ahead of schedule.

Yes RnRc is open. Big thunder reopens on the 18th from its long refurb, splash has a one day refurb on 12/7. Nothing is ahead of schedule.

Ah so it looks like all will be open for our trip!! :yay: Do you know what they actually changed on RNRC and Big Thunder?? Is it just 'theming'?? I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to look again - is Haunted Mansion expected to be open 11/24-11/28? Not sure if there's a current refurb going on, or anticipated refurb?

Ah so it looks like all will be open for our trip!! :yay: Do you know what they actually changed on RNRC and Big Thunder?? Is it just 'theming'?? I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to look again - is Haunted Mansion expected to be open 11/24-11/28? Not sure if there's a current refurb going on, or anticipated refurb?
Nothing new on RnRc. Likely just paint and fixing up. HM should be open. Other than painting of the rock work I'm not positive on what else was done to Big Thunder.

Spring break time would be the only other possibility.

And Summer.
Never mind- I missed the heat qualifier.
I don't think they take anything not water related offline between Thanksgiving and Presidents Day Weekend.

I just rode the Rockin' Rollercoaster on Friday. It opened on time on Thursday (we never saw any soft openings even though we were there a couple of days before the scheduled opening day). The Aerosmith video was not playing - there was no video, which could have been because we were in one of the first cars of the day. We just walked through the room where they hold you prior to boarding, where they used to tell you that you are going on a limo ride with Aerosmith. The music changed and there were other rock band signs - not just Aerosmith. The music was different and sounded like a classic rock band song but I didn't recognize it. I miss the Aerosmith music. It definitely was NOT Mickey mouse themed though which was rumored somewhere.

I just rode the Rockin' Rollercoaster on Friday. It opened on time on Thursday (we never saw any soft openings even though we were there a couple of days before the scheduled opening day). The Aerosmith video was not playing - there was no video, which could have been because we were in one of the first cars of the day. We just walked through the room where they hold you prior to boarding, where they used to tell you that you are going on a limo ride with Aerosmith. The music changed and there were other rock band signs - not just Aerosmith. The music was different and sounded like a classic rock band song but I didn't recognize it. I miss the Aerosmith music. It definitely was NOT Mickey mouse themed though which was rumored somewhere.
Interesting, all other reports I have seen say nothing really changed.

Looks like my next trip should be late 2019, right on my three year schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter