Magicbands from other websites

TheDuckMan

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are taking our first trip together (her first trip EVER) to Disney World this year and finally got our tickets this week. We were looking through the magicbands on the Disneyworld.com website and the choices were very limited. There was a Donald Duck one for me, but my wife would like a Tinker Bell MB. I called Disney to make sure MB's from other sites would work and they told me they SHOULD, but they couldn't recommend a site to purchase from.

So I guess my question is, what sites do other people use and KNOW the bands work? Here's the one I was looking at...http://www.yourwdwstore.net/Disney-MagicBand-Bracelet--Tinker-Bell_p_29920.html

Thanks for any info!!

I can't answer about that store but I can tell you that I bought one from amazon that linked fine - can't tell you if it works yet because I don't go for a month BUT I bought an Olaf from amazon (3rd party site) that would not link and its in the mail back, I bought another Olaf from Amazon (not a 3rd party site) and it would not link, it was sent back via UPS the same day that I received it! I now have a Minnie coming from Disney store and I truly hope I have better luck or I am going the old fashioned way by using my plastic tickets for admission. The one I kept that is linked will work (hopefully) and we will have it to use for Photopass, we weren't going to get them at all but we decided the ones we wanted were cute!

Hmm that makes me nervous ordering anything besides from Disneyworld.com. Wish they had more options...

Have you considered waiting until your first day in a WDW park and then buying one in a Disney gift shop? They should be able to link the specialty band right there in front of you. Think that would save the worry and hassle of ordering (and then returning when it didn't work) from a 3rd party vendor.

Have you considered getting a regular magicband from Disney and purchasing a skin for it? Then you can be confident that it works and still have something cute. I have not used them before so don't know how long they last, but it is another option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter