• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical express luggage delivery

I always get my own luggage and bring it with me on DME. We arrive after check-in time so we like to unpack before we get going. We're two adults so we just have one bag each.

I'd also like to point out that even the people who don't get their checked bags and bring them with them, I'd say a good 80% of people have larger carry on bags that they ask to store under the bus. Last time we took DME, the line of people waiting to get on was stalled because everyone had at least one bag - whether suitcase or carry on duffel - they wanted under the bus. It's a fact of DME.

Relating to OP, on your next trip, I wouldn't worry about others complaining if you opt to bring your own bags on. We've never had an issue and the driver won't either if you tip appropriately.

Years ago, we experienced a really bad ME delivery. We usually book early flights (and probably did that year) and when we got back to our room the first night, our luggage didn't even arrive until around 11 PM (we arrived at our resort well before 11 AM). Not sure why it took over 12 hours for the luggage to arrive to our resort but it hasn't happened since and we have always had wonderful service since then including our most recent trip a couple of weeks ago (where the luggage we left at the front of the resort (while we went out into the parks) and our checked luggage with ME were in our room when we arrived back).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter