• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MAGICal Cruise to....Nowhere! 10/25/13

Tis a great story about the cats.

Do you still have the Bengal>

Wow is the Bengal amazing?

I am a BIG animal lover. Crazy to hear of 700 cats!

Oh yes, we still have the Bengal; she's amazing. She's wild. Fun, but kinda crazy. She is attached to my hubby LOL. She requires a lot of attention. which is why she might have gotten taken to the cat 'sanctuary' in the first place. We are a good family for her because we are home so much - Scott works from home and I work weekends and every other Wed. only. She would not be a good fit for a 9-5 M-F working family. Google 'Haven Acres cat sanctuary Gainesville' and you'll see the 700 cat story. Every single cat eventually got adopted out!!! :) :) :)

I don't know the Jacksonville 700 cat story as well - tried to stay detached from that one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi, I'm Jennifer, we just moved to South Florida and the one nice thing I can say about the transition is that I am now closer to Port Canaveral and very close to the Port of Miami. I'm super excited to sail this 2-day Cruise to Nowhere for several reasons....

1- it's our anniversary.
2- our first cruise without our 2 DD's (9 &11)
3- this cruise will make give us our CC Gold status.
4- give me a quick DCL fix till we sail in 2014.
5- meet new DCL freaks (I mean friends :))
6- first time on The Magic.
7- did I mention no kids?

We drove to the Port of Miami last Saturday after we booked this cruise to see The Wonder in port. We had to leave before it set sail, if not, I probably would have tried to swim after the ship. Our last cruise on the Dream this past June was amazing and it was great to meet friends before sailing. It definitely does not seem that there are many people booked yet. Only 206 days till we set sail.

Looking forward to chatting with you all :)

Jennifer

Welcome Jennifer to the cruise AND to Florida!!! The cruise isn't selling like hot cakes that is for sure!!! Hoping for FL res rates!!!

Hey guys - I am debating this cruise. I just wished it stopped at CC like the 2 day cruise in 2014 does. If FL res rates come out, it would seal the deal. I also used up all of my "dummy" cruises on a 2014 B2B, so I may have to take this cruise in order to get a dummy cruise date for 2015. :rotfl2:

Jenlikes27 - you live close to me now! I am about 30 min from port of Miami :)

silverfox - I remember you from the March Fantasy cruise :) Although I was not involved in the FE or meets.

Hey guys - I am debating this cruise. I just wished it stopped at CC like the 2 day cruise in 2014 does. If FL res rates come out, it would seal the deal. I also used up all of my "dummy" cruises on a 2014 B2B, so I may have to take this cruise in order to get a dummy cruise date for 2015. :rotfl2:

silverfox - I remember you from the March Fantasy cruise :) Although I was not involved in the FE or meets.

Hi :) I too wish this two night went to CC & back.... Would be sweet if it did!! Problem is the Dream is there on Saturdays this year, so no can do.....

I've got a dummy sch to move to 2015 but I think I may need two........

Ah that explains the no CC stop. I wonder if we would see a discount on a 2 night cruise.

a fl rate would be awesome.

Has anyone ever seen a discounted 2night cruise?

If I could get even a slight discount, and could rebook my 2014 Cruise on this cruise, it would give me enough discounts to make the 2 night cruise basically free:goodvibes

a fl rate would be awesome.

If I could get even a slight discount, and could rebook my 2014 Cruise on this cruise, it would give me enough discounts to make the 2 night cruise basically free:goodvibes

This is my philosophy too :)

No - those 2-night cruises out of NY sold like hotcakes!!! Not sure how the San Diego ones are selling.

My hubby thinks this 2-night is going to be like a preview cruise for TAs and perhaps media since the Magic is going to be a 'new' ship. Or, it's a buffer in case they get delayed in dry dock (less plausible).

Hi There,

I will be sailing on this cruise with my family... it's going to be our first Disney cruise :yay: We are celebrating my daughter's 1st birthday (can't wait to dress her up as Alice in "ONE"derland).

My husband is not much of a cruise person so we picked this 2 day trip as a test run. I'm thinking this trip is going to be the start of a great beginning for us ... we are super excited about it because we LOVE Disney!!!

If anyone has any info on how the FE works please let me know... I'm all in and looking forward to cruisin' with you all!

welcome

how cute.......One der land...........ha;)

I wish it stopped somewhere, anywhere.

KEYWEST!!!

Hi CSIdisney,

Are you still on the fence for this cruise? I'm so bummed we don't go to CC. Our last cruise on the Dream was a double dip to CC and it was awesome!! I think it's a little pricey for just 2days at sea, but I know it will be perfect!! I think if it was advertised it will sell out quickly. I came across it by accident looking for one of our other reservations.

Jen

Welcome Jennifer to the cruise AND to Florida!!! The cruise isn't selling like hot cakes that is for sure!!! Hoping for FL res rates!!!

Thank you SilverFox97!! It would be nice if they did FL resident discount.

Hi There,

I will be sailing on this cruise with my family... it's going to be our first Disney cruise :yay: We are celebrating my daughter's 1st birthday (can't wait to dress her up as Alice in "ONE"derland).

My husband is not much of a cruise person so we picked this 2 day trip as a test run. I'm thinking this trip is going to be the start of a great beginning for us ... we are super excited about it because we LOVE Disney!!!

If anyone has any info on how the FE works please let me know... I'm all in and looking forward to cruisin' with you all!

Hi ZoeCoerse!!
I'm so happy for daughters 1st birthday, what a memory it will be! Cute idea.

We have done the FE before and it's fun, especially for our children. What we did was compiled everyone's information on our cruise meet if they wanted to partake in it.

I think we just need :
List of who's in your party and ages and
Stateroom number to start a spreadsheet. Then it was posted so everyone had the info. You have to have a cut off date for people to join so you have time to purchase/make the FE gifts.

I made our FE in a few hours. It turned out cute and only cost about $20. They sell them on etsy and eBay. I'm game to do it for this cruise.
Just let me know!!

Hi ZoeCoerse!!
I'm so happy for daughters 1st birthday, what a memory it will be! Cute idea.

We have done the FE before and it's fun, especially for our children. What we did was compiled everyone's information on our cruise meet if they wanted to partake in it.

I think we just need :
List of who's in your party and ages and
Stateroom number to start a spreadsheet. Then it was posted so everyone had the info. You have to have a cut off date for people to join so you have time to purchase/make the FE gifts.

I made our FE in a few hours. It turned out cute and only cost about $20. They sell them on etsy and eBay. I'm game to do it for this cruise.
Just let me know!!

Ssanders79 is in charge of the FE stuff - PM him your info

Hi CSIdisney,

Are you still on the fence for this cruise? I'm so bummed we don't go to CC. Our last cruise on the Dream was a double dip to CC and it was awesome!! I think it's a little pricey for just 2days at sea, but I know it will be perfect!! I think if it was advertised it will sell out quickly. I came across it by accident looking for one of our other reservations.

Jen

Hey Jen! Yeah, I am still on the fence. Its a lot of money for only two nights and no stops. We have a B2B booked next March so at least we have something to look forward to. Also, there's a 2 day next year that DOES go to CC and I booked that too ;) If this cruise goes on sale or our finances look extra good closer to the cruise, I'll book :)

Hey Jen! Yeah, I am still on the fence. Its a lot of money for only two nights and no stops. We have a B2B booked next March so at least we have something to look forward to. Also, there's a 2 day next year that DOES go to CC and I booked that too ;) If this cruise goes on sale or our finances look extra good closer to the cruise, I'll book :)

When is the 2 night that goes to CC?

We're also sailing next March on the Wonder for springbreak with our 2 DDs.

How does the B2B work? Do you have to get off the ship and get back on in between sailings? If you have the same stateroom for both sailings can you leave your stuff in the room? Just wondering.

Thanks,
Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter