• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic ~ October 22, 2016 ~ 7 nights NYC/Bahamas/WDW/NYC

My wife and I are on this cruise as well! We're WDW veterans, but this is our first cruise ever!

We just did our online check-in this morning. Also booked transportation to Epcot and brunch at Palo. We figured Epcot would be a nice place to spend the day since Food & Wine should still be going on.

We're NYC locals, so if anyone needs any info. about NY, let me know.

Does anyone know what type of Halloween activities they will have on board?

Oh so you're doing an FE here. I'll join! I loved the FE's run through the DIS. They aren't quite the same on other sites, plus I cant seem to get approved on any of them! We don't have our cabin # yet as we're GTY but I let you know when we get it. I hope everyone stays participating in it. I've run a couple from the DIS and lately once people find the other social media sights and those FEs they forget they even joined here and never check back. I have found I ended up with a lot of people as the cruise got close maybe because other FEs were closed or maybe because the new people didn't have time to stray LOL!

Does anyone know what type of Halloween activities they will have on board?

Costume party, trick or treating, Nightmare Before Christmas Scream Along (I think that's what it's called), stories, decorations, etc.

My wife and I have our costumes. We're not going all out though. I'm sure a lot of people will be.
My daughter wants to be a hot dog, not quite the Disney Halloween costume I had in mind! LOL! I always have so much trouble choosing a HAlloween costume for myself that doesn't look completely ridiculous and doesn't cost a fortune! I guess I better start looking now!

My daughter wants to be a hot dog, not quite the Disney Halloween costume I had in mind! LOL! I always have so much trouble choosing a HAlloween costume for myself that doesn't look completely ridiculous and doesn't cost a fortune! I guess I better start looking now!

She can be a hotdog from Casey's?

Just for the record I spent nearly nothing on my costume and I WILL look totally ridiculous. Lol

HI Everyone!

The countdown continues... only 70 Days!

What, if anything, has everyone done for eating at WDW - have you made reservations and for which meal(S)?
We are having breakfast onboard, lunch and Liberty Tree and then we will grab something light at the park or perhaps later once back on board. We will head back to the ship longer before 11pm! I envy those of you that will do the full day or all parks in one day!

I have some cool pictures from past years at Halloween time onboard (we've done 2 previous Halloween cruises, not by design, it just happens to be the time when we generally vacation). I will try to find a few and post here. Any specific requests?

Enjoy,

Here are some pictures....

Attachments

• C739958E-07B3-4BB3-937A-1DA0ED9A7655.JPG
    C739958E-07B3-4BB3-937A-1DA0ED9A7655.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 2
Not making any reservations for dining at Disney. It will be all counter service for us. We're trying for all 4 parks. 7:30 am bus to the MK, we have 5 rides we'd like to try to hit there and we need to get a Dole Whip, Epcot for the afternoon, using our fast passes here to do Frozen and the new Soarin ride and we'll probably also do the standby line for Test Track and ride the Mexico ride. Lunch will be at the booths from the food and wine festival. We're swinging by Hollywood Studios just to say we were there, husband and kids will ride Star Tours, I'll find a park bench and a snack! Last will be Animal Kingdom where I'm having Flame Tree BBQ for dinner, doing an evening Safari (probably our 3rd fast pass) watching the street performers and then heading back to the ship (and if Rivers of Light show is released we'll stay to watch that) Thank goodness I'll have 2 sea days to recuperate!

We are just grabbing something wherever we are at the time. No reservations here either! Thought about it...but we have 2 small kids (4&6) so not sure how long they are going to last or where we will be when during the day before they hit their point of no return!

Hi everyone! Yay, the countdown is getting closer and closer!

I'm sorry to have been MIA; I've been sick, and still not feeling 100% yet.
t.
Someone asked about an FE exchange here on the DIS. YES, we are doing an FE for all who are interested! I have a list started in Post #1. If anyone would l;ile to be added, please quote this post and/or just reply here with the info and I'll add you to the list. Thanks!!

I am super excited for this cruise! We had one booked 4 nights out of Port Canaveral the same one we've done the past 2 years but then with school schedules and cheerleading and dance team this date looked like a better bet and I love that we are out of NYC. We cruised twice to Canada on DCL out of NYC when they were here a few years ago and the convenience is amazing. I am in southern CT so we are only have an hour and a half drive in. When we did our previous cruises out of NYC we took the train the first time then stayed overnight in the city the night before and took the train back. The second time we just drove in that morning and straight home when we got off the ship. Loved the convenience of leaving my house at 9 am and being at the port by 11 then parking right there, even though parking is a bit expensive. Staying overnight before was more complicated, had to get someone to drive us to the train station then get the luggage (a substantial amount) on the train then from Grand Central to our hotel then from the hotel to the ship, then on return from the ship back to the train (lots of walking or cab rides!) and then we had to have someone pick us up at the train station (also with 4 people and luggage plus someone driving to pick us up its hard to fit everything in the car on the ride to/from the train station!). Also since we are so close we take metro-north with is a commuter train so its a lot cheaper then Amtrak but a bit awkward with a lot of luggage! We get to spend a fair amount of time in NYC so for us no need to add on a day of NYC sightseeing but if you don't get there much it's definitely nice to do. (editing to add: I looked up parking at the pier and its $40/day so $280, There are other nearby parking options I'm going to look into because that's REALLY expensive!)

Cant imagine packing for 5 kids! yikes! Just remember they have washers and dryers, that always makes me feel better! As long as everyone packs a few of their favorite outfits we can always wash and rewear, no need to over pack; plus with it being in October I can just put aside those favorite summery outfits as our summer winds down and they are all set for the warm days of our cruise.

This is my 9th Disney cruise and we usually do the FE. Put in my FB request to join the page, waiting for approval.

Since it's just my husband and I, we'll have our son drop us off at the train station, and then we'll get a car service or taxi from Penn Station to our hotel. with a large group, I can see where that'll be a LOT of luggage!

Is there only 5 cabins participating in FE?
I'm I looking in the wrong place? I am so excited to participate in our first FE and want to start getting the stuff together. Pinterest is my new best Friend

I think we have 5 cabins as of right now, but I have more posts to read and I think I saw that someone else was joining too. :)

Hi I discovered this page by accident.. I'm from NYC and I booked the cruise last year August. I'm a family of 7.. I would love to do the FE exchange this is our first Disney cruise and the kids don't know and will not know until we show up at the port. So now as the days draw closer I am becoming more stressed because I am secretly packing for 5 kids..

Welcome Charm Maine! :sunny: I'll add you to the FE list, just provide a little more info please :)

My wife and I are on this cruise as well! We're WDW veterans, but this is our first cruise ever!

We just did our online check-in this morning. Also booked transportation to Epcot and brunch at Palo. We figured Epcot would be a nice place to spend the day since Food & Wine should still be going on.

We're NYC locals, so if anyone needs any info. about NY, let me know.

Welcome aboard Bay Max! :welcome: Good choice for Palo; I love the brunch while I just really like dinner. lol Brunch is just more relaxing to me.
We're looking forward to F&W at Epcot too.

Oh so you're doing an FE here. I'll join! I loved the FE's run through the DIS. They aren't quite the same on other sites, plus I cant seem to get approved on any of them! We don't have our cabin # yet as we're GTY but I let you know when we get it. I hope everyone stays participating in it. I've run a couple from the DIS and lately once people find the other social media sights and those FEs they forget they even joined here and never check back. I have found I ended up with a lot of people as the cruise got close maybe because other FEs were closed or maybe because the new people didn't have time to stray LOL!

Yay! :yay: I'll add your family to the FE list! :surfweb: I'll definitely continue running the FE here, no matter how many or few people we have :grouphug:

Not making any reservations for dining at Disney. It will be all counter service for us. We're trying for all 4 parks. 7:30 am bus to the MK, we have 5 rides we'd like to try to hit there and we need to get a Dole Whip, Epcot for the afternoon, using our fast passes here to do Frozen and the new Soarin ride and we'll probably also do the standby line for Test Track and ride the Mexico ride. Lunch will be at the booths from the food and wine festival. We're swinging by Hollywood Studios just to say we were there, husband and kids will ride Star Tours, I'll find a park bench and a snack! Last will be Animal Kingdom where I'm having Flame Tree BBQ for dinner, doing an evening Safari (probably our 3rd fast pass) watching the street performers and then heading back to the ship (and if Rivers of Light show is released we'll stay to watch that) Thank goodness I'll have 2 sea days to recuperate!

Is anyone else GTY? Waiting anxiously for my room assignment I'm a 9C gty.

We're not GTY but we did recently change our cabin. I decided that I wanted to try the other side of the ship this time. LOL :boat:

We are just grabbing something wherever we are at the time. No reservations here either! Thought about it...but we have 2 small kids (4&6) so not sure how long they are going to last or where we will be when during the day before they hit their point of no return!

That's a good plan. Due to my chronic illness, I never know when I'm going to crash, so it's great to know that they have busses continually going back and forth. :drive:

Hello everyone!

Come October my girls and I will be on our 1st Disney cruise! I have read in multiple blogs that guest sometimes arrange trick or treating with other guest. This is partly done to in avoid the large crowds in the atrium and to have the actual door to door experience for the little one.... My girls have never done door to door trick or treating ... I am thinking it would be a memorable experience if it can be done. I don't know how to accomplish this, but I was hoping that I can reach other guests who may be interested and we can figure it out together.... :):D

Welcome Charm Maine! :sunny: I'll add you to the FE list, just provide a little more info please :)

Welcome aboard Bay Max! :welcome: Good choice for Palo; I love the brunch while I just really like dinner. lol Brunch is just more relaxing to me.
We're looking forward to F&W at Epcot too.

Yay! :yay: I'll add your family to the FE list! :surfweb: I'll definitely continue running the FE here, no matter how many or few people we have :grouphug:

We're not GTY but we did recently change our cabin. I decided that I wanted to try the other side of the ship this time. LOL :boat:

That's a good plan. Due to my chronic illness, I never know when I'm going to crash, so it's great to know that they have busses continually going back and forth. :drive:

Last edited:
HI Everyone!

The countdown continues... only 70 Days!

What, if anything, has everyone done for eating at WDW - have you made reservations and for which meal(S)?
We are having breakfast onboard, lunch and Liberty Tree and then we will grab something light at the park or perhaps later once back on board. We will head back to the ship longer before 11pm! I envy those of you that will do the full day or all parks in one day!

I have some cool pictures from past years at Halloween time onboard (we've done 2 previous Halloween cruises, not by design, it just happens to be the time when we generally vacation). I will try to find a few and post here. Any specific requests?

Enjoy,

I am planning to go to Magic Kingdom in the morning ... Book fast pass for the three mountains ... Try to catch 1 or 2 more rides and by 100 eat at the crystal palace. We will the take off to Hollywood studios. No Animal Kingdom or Epcot for us. If I do decide to add a 3rd park I'll choose AK due to its proximity to Hollywood Studios.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter