• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic ~ October 22, 2016 ~ 7 nights NYC/Bahamas/WDW/NYC

Awwww.. Sorry to hear this. I hope your next trip is much better.
Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful cruise! Our cruise started our great, but after midnight Monday night into Tuesday, I became violently ill. I ended up with IVs and medications by Tuesday morning, and was quarantined in our cabin until after WDW day, so I totally missed Castaway Cay (and we had a cabana on Serenity Bay booked) and totally missed WDW. I never felt good even on the last day, but I'm finally feeling better now.

Having said all of that, we greatly enjoyed the first few days before I got sick. :) And this is the first time that I lost weight on a cruise. LOL

I thought all of the FE gifts were great!!

Did anyone rebook while onboard? We did. We booked the April 2018 WBPC. We're not sure if we'll keep that cruise, or change it to a different sailing.
oh no!! I am so sorry to hear that!! I was thinking about you on the cruise! Carly loved her shirt and we loved our cups!! I hope you have a better cruise next time ! Thanks again for setting this up!!
Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful cruise
Hi everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful cruise! Our cruise started our great, but after midnight Monday night into Tuesday, I became violently ill. I ended up with IVs and medications by Tuesday morning, and was quarantined in our cabin until after WDW day, so I totally missed Castaway Cay (and we had a cabana on Serenity Bay booked) and totally missed WDW. I never felt good even on the last day, but I'm finally feeling better now.

Having said all of that, we greatly enjoyed the first few days before I got sick. :) And this is the first time that I lost weight on a cruise. LOL

I thought all of the FE gifts were great!!

Did anyone rebook while onboard? We did. We booked the April 2018 WBPC. We're not sure if we'll keep that cruise, or change it to a different sailing.

I am so sorry to hear that! I was thinking of you on the cruise. Carly loved the shirt! We also loved the cups!!
Thank you so much for setting up the FE's as you know I really wanted to do this but, didn't know where to begin! ( I might pick your brain for our Sept 27th 2017 cruise!! We also booked on the ship!)
I hope you have a better time next cruise!!

oh no!! I am so sorry to hear that!! I was thinking about you on the cruise! Carly loved her shirt and we loved our cups!! I hope you have a better cruise next time ! Thanks again for setting this up!!

Last edited:
I've been so reliant on the email updates for this thread that I completely missed the post cruise updates. Iam so sorry you were ill seaspray... I also just noticed that was you! I admire your positivity.... Although I had my harsh moment onboard nothing like what you experienced.

My trip was a mixture of greatness and stress...

day 1 - Camila and I stayed up late because she was seasick... And that made my second sleepless night, since the previous night I got a flat tire 1 1/2 away from the city after a night time shift, got home around 3 and only got 4 hrs of sleep.
Day 2 -all went well, except Camila starts coughing all night and I monitored her throughout the night..
day 3 - Girls got into the pool .... When we go back to the stateroom Camila is complaining of ear pain... She is in so much pain she refused to go ToT at 2pm... Clinic was closed, I was told that if she has an ear infection there is nothing they can do, just evaluate her for $180 tab.... If off clinic hours if would be a 300 and something tab to get evaluated... I decided to wait till the clinic opened and tended her needs on the mean time... Got some Motrin, drops for the ear, and nasal spray to relieve her congestion by 5pm she was feeling great and asked to go ToT... Continued monitoring her... And the next day there was no ear pain. Again no sleep.

Day 4- at this point Iam just happy I haven't gotten a migraine due to the lack of sleep.... We had a great time on CC . Except that the girls and I went on the bike trail and separated from my sister... And couldn't find her afterwards... She was the last one to board the ship... What a scare! My sister was not happy we boarded without her...:( ... I did stay in the entrance waiting for her to show up. The girls both were seasick ended up in deck 9 enjoying the post firework activities and went to sleep late.

Day 5- I was able to get 6 Fps for WDW... We visited all 4 parks.... we went to bed late and woke up early to catch bus at 7 30 .. I wanted to change the bus but I was told we have to stick to it, fortunately the girls took a nap on our way to AK .., I didn't

Day 6 - Laila's vomited while we were having breakfast on deck 9...

I got a little carried away with my cons.... To sum it all up no sleep, I also got a cold, we all did, ... But did so much in between. And fortunately the girls have selective memory and recall only the positive.

I've been so reliant on the email updates for this thread that I completely missed the post cruise updates. Iam so sorry you were ill seaspray... I also just noticed that was you! I admire your positivity.... Although I had my harsh moment onboard nothing like what you experienced.

My trip was a mixture of greatness and stress...

day 1 - Camila and I stayed up late because she was seasick... And that made my second sleepless night, since the previous night I got a flat tire 1 1/2 away from the city after a night time shift, got home around 3 and only got 4 hrs of sleep.
Day 2 -all went well, except Camila starts coughing all night and I monitored her throughout the night..
day 3 - Girls got into the pool .... When we go back to the stateroom Camila is complaining of ear pain... She is in so much pain she refused to go ToT at 2pm... Clinic was closed, I was told that if she has an ear infection there is nothing they can do, just evaluate her for $180 tab.... If off clinic hours if would be a 300 and something tab to get evaluated... I decided to wait till the clinic opened and tended her needs on the mean time... Got some Motrin, drops for the ear, and nasal spray to relieve her congestion by 5pm she was feeling great and asked to go ToT... Continued monitoring her... And the next day there was no ear pain. Again no sleep.

Day 4- at this point Iam just happy I haven't gotten a migraine due to the lack of sleep.... We had a great time on CC . Except that the girls and I went on the bike trail and separated from my sister... And couldn't find her afterwards... She was the last one to board the ship... What a scare! My sister was not happy we boarded without her...:( ... I did stay in the entrance waiting for her to show up. The girls both were seasick ended up in deck 9 enjoying the post firework activities and went to sleep late.

Day 5- I was able to get 6 Fps for WDW... We visited all 4 parks.... we went to bed late and woke up early to catch bus at 7 30 .. I wanted to change the bus but I was told we have to stick to it, fortunately the girls took a nap on our way to AK .., I didn't

Day 6 - Laila's vomited while we were having breakfast on deck 9...

I got a little carried away with my cons.... To sum it all up no sleep, I also got a cold, we all did, ... But did so much in between. And fortunately the girls have selective memory and recall only the positive.

Some cruises/vacations everything goes so well, and then there are ones like the cruise we just had. To many people, the cruise was perfect! This was our first vacation with a major illness that totally wrecked all of our plans. I'm so sorry that Camila got sick, but I'm glad that she ended up feeling better. How scary to not know where your sister was!!! :( I know what you mean about selective memory, and it's good that the girls will only remember the fun they had. I hope that you've been able to catch up on sleep and that your cold is gone soon.

Something funny: After the cruise I was looking through the pictures on my cell phone; tons of them from Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.....last one taken was 11:58pm Monday night. 2 hours later is when "it" hit me. Then the next picture on my phone is Thursday at 2pm, it's a picture of my plate of food from Cabana's containing a few grains of white rice, a slice of bread... wait, I'll go find the picture and post it here... lol

IMG_3661.JPG

I can barely remember anything from that first day. I was so sick and so dehydrated, and I felt so bloated with bad stomach pains.... The nurses and doctor were great though. They quickly got the IV into my hand, drew blood to test it, got the bag of fluids started, and injected anti-nausea medication. They gave me oral anti-nausea meds to take with me, and my husband had to go down to the medical dept to pick up more of them a couple of days later. I never felt better after Monday night. It took until just a few days ago to get to the point where I feel back to normal, except I think some of my taste buds died off when I was so sick because I've lost some of my sense of taste. I'm hoping it all eventually comes back.

They gave me the first of many orange (any other flavor made me literally gag) Pedialyte freezer pops. Any time that I wanted them I called Guest Services and they would run a couple of them up to me. All of the CMs from the various departments that we dealt with were wonderful.

Last edited:

Some cruises/vacations everything goes so well, and then there are ones like the cruise we just had. To many people, the cruise was perfect! This was our first vacation with a major illness that totally wrecked all of our plans. I'm so sorry that Camila got sick, but I'm glad that she ended up feeling better. How scary to not know where your sister was!!! :( I know what you mean about selective memory, and it's good that the girls will only remember the fun they had. I hope that you've been able to catch up on sleep and that your cold is gone soon.

Something funny: After the cruise I was looking through the pictures on my cell phone; tons of them from Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.....last one taken was 11:58pm Monday night. 2 hours later is when "it" hit me. Then the next picture on my phone is Thursday at 2pm, it's a picture of my plate of food from Cabana's containing a few grains of white rice, a slice of bread... wait, I'll go find the picture and post it here... lol

View attachment 205318

My husband took this picture... I can barely remember anything from that first day. I was so sick and so dehydrated, and I felt so bloated with bad stomach pains.... The nurses and doctor were great though. They quickly got the IV into my hand, drew blood to test it, got the bag of fluids started, and injected anti-nausea medication. They gave me oral anti-nausea meds to take with me, and my husband had to go down to the medical dept to pick up more of them a couple of days later. I never felt better after Monday night. It took until just a few days ago to get to the point where I feel back to normal, except I think some of my taste buds died off when I was so sick because I've lost some of my sense of taste. I'm hoping it all eventually comes back.

View attachment 205319

In my left hand is the first of many orange (any other flavor made me literally gag) Pedialyte freezer pops. Any time that I wanted them I called Guest Services and they would run a couple of them up to me. All of the CMs from the various departments that we dealt with were wonderful.

Oh goodness ... You really has it bad... Iam so happy to hear you are doing well... Hoping your taste buds recover soon... Just missed out on so much.. But thankfully you are healthy ... It is so nice to hear how well they took care of you... Thank you so much for organizing this Fe group... We loved all about it... :D

Hi everyone. I just completed my trip report for this cruise.

Here's a link to it if anyone is interested: http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...cool-aka-oct-22-2016-magic-completed.3562185/

I also want to thank everyone for the wonderful FE gifts. They are all special to me, but I was very touched by the hand-painted picture of Mickey & Minnie flying through the sky on a magic carpet, looking at fireworks. Thank you SO much Lgomez. That will go in a special spot in our family room. I was so sick on this cruise and even for a week or so after, and I am only now getting to opening most of them. I love and appreciate every single one of them. :grouphug:

Here's a link to it if anyone is interested: http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...cool-aka-oct-22-2016-magic-completed.3562185/

I also want to thank everyone for the wonderful FE gifts. They are all special to me, but I was very touched by the hand-painted picture of Mickey & Minnie flying through the sky on a magic carpet, looking at fireworks. Thank you SO much Lgomez. That will go in a special spot in our family room. I was so sick on this cruise and even for a week or so after, and I am only now getting to opening most of them. I love and appreciate every single one of them. :grouphug:

I am so glad you liked it...

You are very welcome. I'm very happy to hear you liked it :D . Your report is so complete, I can't even organize a sequence of images without feeling overwhelmed... I hoping by the end of the month I'll be able to finish up my recap video... Unfortunately I lost many of the videos taken from my sisters phone...she did not save them... So I am having a hard time putting something together... But now that I've read your recap... I feel motivated :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter