• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic: November 1, 2013 5 night Western

Your FE does not hang over your door. In the hall beside your door is a fish or a starfish that you hang your FE on. You can attach magnets to your door.
Thanks for the advice! I appreciate all of your guidance. Now I'll need to make a magnet for my kiddos. One more thing to do...;)

I started training for a 5K on Castaway Cay back in August before we booked our cruise. Does anyone know if they have an organized run on this trip to replace the run on Castaway Cay? I am not a runner, but I set the 5K as my goal and was a little disappointed that we are not stopping at Castaway Cay. I need an excuse to keep running. I am at 43 miles since starting on August 5th, (in Florida heat). Anyone know where I can start looking for information??
I don't think so.... But if you want I'll run one with you in the gym ;)

We are driving from Patrick AFB, (Cocoa Beach area). Map quest says it will be just over 3 hour drive. We usually leave from Port Canaveral, (20 minute drive), but we couldn't pass up the Military rate.

So I'm a first time Disney cruiser and this will be my family's (hubby and twin 5yr old boys) first time on a ship too! We happened to book the cruise last minute since we couldn't pass up the wonderful military discount!:cool1:

We happened to find this board because I mentioned cruising to a friend and she said "You need an FE!" So anyway, we have an FE and no other idea about hidden gems and need to knows. Besides trolling this board, is there anything else I should read, know, discover before our departure in just a little over 30 days?:confused3

Welcome!! You are going to love it!!

You are on the right track! Just a couple more posts and then send me a PM to get on the FE list.

Another military family! Whoo Hoo!

We love our military families and thank you ALL so much! DH is a Viet Nam veteran. We understand the many sacrifices you all make. :grouphug:

Because all of this was last minute, I was racing around to get the DH and children's passports and booking a flight. Happily, I had frequent flyer miles so that didn't cost anything but the expedited passports-SHEESH. Almost 500 for three!
We'll fly in the morning of the day of. Nerve wracking but since we're not in the middle of peak travel or bad weather months- I figured we were safe.
I did the Disney transfer because it's our first time. Any thought on better options next time or was that the right choice?

For your first cruise and flying same day Disney transfers are best for sure. From Miami I don't know. But PC I agree that with 4 you can do a private car for less.

We are also new to the FE. We are doing our gifts randomly as well. We are in room 7500. What room are you in? I plan on walking one floor a day and leave random gifts. We made Halloween magnets last year and did the same thing. It is a great way to check out all the wonderfully decorated doors and have a little fun while doing it. I didn't know about the FE till recently, and had to bribe my mom to make me a custom one to match our door. LOL

Why don't you send me a PM with your info so you can get gifts put into your FE also? :flower3: We would love to add you to the group. :grouphug:

DH and I are watching Dumbo. What a tear jerker! Baby Of Mine scene is gut wrenching! :sad1: We need to get to the happy ending here! :)

Lesson learned...I bought our cruise last minute since Disney ran the amazing military discount. As of last week turnaround time was 4 weeks ish. Since I bought a cruise with only 36 days advance notice...getting an expedited passport for the twins and DH was expensive!!!! It was $75 for the clerks office to process the application, $19.95 for the overnight postage and the a whopping $182.85 for the DH's passport and 152.85 for each twin! In case you can't add that quickly, it cost me $583.50. So much for saving money! OUCH!

Lesson learned...I bought our cruise last minute since Disney ran the amazing military discount. As of last week turnaround time was 4 weeks ish. Since I bought a cruise with only 36 days advance notice...getting an expedited passport for the twins and DH was expensive!!!! It was $75 for the clerks office to process the application, $19.95 for the overnight postage and the a whopping $182.85 for the DH's passport and 152.85 for each twin! In case you can't add that quickly, it cost me $583.50. So much for saving money! OUCH!

OUCH !!! BUUUT you probably still saved quite a bit, even compared to the VGT rates :)

Now that you have your passports, you'll be able to take advantage of the great MTO rates on future cruises:)!!!

Do we have an approximate number of people that are participating in the FE? I'm trying to decide between gifts and it would be helpful to have an idea. I know there are still a few more days for people to sign up. Unfortunately there are no craft stores like hobby lobby, michaels, joanns or even Target here in Puerto Rico, so I have to order the supplies and make sure I have enough time to make the gifts. I might end up doing a gift that is something unique from Puerto Rico....I still have a lot of ideas that I'm deciding between.:)
Thanks!

Even with that extra cost, you still got a great deal with the military rate. That's is what we are using too! We are so excited to be on the Magic again and see all the new changes! We are hoping to get the same servers that we had in May, because they were awesome! We haven't told the kids about the cruise yet, but they keep asking if they are going to be able to go on a cruise with the updates.....they are going to be so HAPPY when we tell them! :cheer2:

I've never ran on a treadmill, but I plan on getting up at least a couple of the morning and walking or running on deck 4. My dad has said he plans on walking as well. :)

Looks like I need to post a few more times before I can send you a private message LOL

Do we have an approximate number of people that are participating in the FE? I'm trying to decide between gifts and it would be helpful to have an idea. I know there are still a few more days for people to sign up. Unfortunately there are no craft stores like hobby lobby, michaels, joanns or even Target here in Puerto Rico, so I have to order the supplies and make sure I have enough time to make the gifts. I might end up doing a gift that is something unique from Puerto Rico....I still have a lot of ideas that I'm deciding between.:)
Thanks!

Just reviewed. :surfweb:

We have 16 cabins signed up. (remember that one of those cabins is yours!)

Here is a list of what I have. If you have contacted me and are not on this list please send me a PM. And I will need cabin numbers if you have not already given me that info
JennLK
PoohGirl
ppruett
VowRenewal13
diesel2512
Fly4Free2
Randomiam
HoosierDisneyDad
cecechaffee
Bobaloo
Smith family (traveling with Bobaloo)
Ser0408
Stitch's girl
3minnie/1mickey
TempusFigit
MrsMork
(please forgive if I have made any typos in the DIS names!):flower3:
As to children -

We have one 1 year old boy
2 girls and 1 boy in the 2/3 year old group
4 girls and 3 boys in 4/6 year old
5 girls and 5 boys in 7/10 year old
3 girls and 3 boys in 11/13 year old

Hope that helps in planning.

We also have 2 more cabins traveling with DIS families that are not committed, but will let me know by Oct 1. I do not know how many children are in those cabins.

We're doing the Kittiwake Sail and Snorkel on Grand Cayman. We had this excursion booked on our last cruise to the western Caribbean (11/2012) but because of rough seas and the need to tender at GC, we skipped Grand Cayman and went to Costa Maya. We hope this time we get to do Grand Cayman. We've heard great things about the reefs there so we really hope we get to experience it this time. We're also doing the Fury Sail and Snorkel on Cozumel which we did last time and loved it!!!

My family is doing the Snuba trip in GC and the Passion speed boat ride in Cozumel. My kids are super excited about the Snuba trip. We have done snorkeling several times, but this will be the first for the Snuba.

Looks like I need to post a few more times before I can send you a private message LOL

I'll add you to the list, but keep posting so you can send me your info. I am so afraid it will get lost and not included if there is just a post here on the thread.

Just reviewed. :surfweb:

We have 16 cabins signed up. (remember that one of those cabins is yours!)

Here is a list of what I have. If you have contacted me and are not on this list please send me a PM. And I will need cabin numbers if you have not already given me that info
JennLK
PoohGirl
ppruett
VowRenewal13
diesel2512
Fly4Free2
Randomiam
HoosierDisneyDad
cecechaffee
Bobaloo
Smith family (traveling with Bobaloo)
Ser0408
Stitch's girl
3minnie/1mickey
TempusFigit
MrsMork
(please forgive if I have made any typos in the DIS names!):flower3:
As to children -

We have one 1 year old boy
2 girls and 1 boy in the 2/3 year old group
4 girls and 3 boys in 4/6 year old
5 girls and 5 boys in 7/10 year old
3 girls and 3 boys in 11/13 year old

Hope that helps in planning.

We also have 2 more cabins traveling with DIS families that are not committed, but will let me know by Oct 1. I do not know how many children are in those cabins.

Add one more to the list
ncharlier - don't know ages/number of children yet.

Has anyone found cheaper parking around the port? My dad found one online, but then read the reviews and was very discouraged. We most likely will have three vehicles and would love to save a little on parking. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter