• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic: November 1, 2013 5 night Western

Sorry for the delay. I had a long work day today.

I say yea with a sincere and heartfelt thanks!

We're looking forward to some fun preparations.

Saw this today ----- Platinum, Gold and select Silver Castaway Club (those who have sailed on four DCL sailings) members can receive a $100 onboard credit when they book a 4- or 5-night cruise on the Disney Magic departing from Miami 11/1-12/18/13 (excluding 11/24 and 12/8). Platinum and Gold members should use the booking code SAIL; Silver members should use the code VIP. Credit is per stateroom, cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.

So, since we got the email and it seems others have not. I think I would call and ask about this. We did not enter this SAIL code anywhere (but, maybe our TA did??) Anyway, worth a phone call to get a free excursion or a few coffees, or help with the tips. :thumbsup2

Also....if there is interest within this group for fish extender sharing we need to get a list done. I will be happy to coordinate this. Please send to me via PM 1) number and sex of adults and number, age and sex of children in the stateroom 2) stateroom number 3) are there any allergies

For those who have not participated in a FE group..... Not many rules. Give one gift per stateroom or one gift per person in stateroom, whichever you prefer. Some people make crafty stuff....I'm not crafty at all! Some people purchase small inexpensive things. Some people bring something that represents the state they are from. Or a combo of all of these. Deliver on whatever day you want. It is fun to come back to your stateroom and find a little something in you FE.

Hi everyone...just booked for Nov 1st. Me, DH, DS (5) and friend with DD (5). Second cruise for us & 4th for our friends. Would love to do FE though we haven't done it before. So excited!!!

I've been away from the thread for a bit, sorry! I would love a meet and/or FE! So close and so fun!

Thanks very much for letting us in on what you found. I emailed our TA and got the same info. If you have an agent I'm sure they can supply any incentive for you.

Thanks again for organizing the FE. Our info is inbound. In order to have a definite amount of gifts to be made, what date would you propose to distribute the list ? Also, at how should we handle those wishing to joint after said date?

Can't believe our cruise is right around the corner!

My phone is being squirrely and is not allowing me to send a PM. I'll give it another try tomorrow from a desk top.

Thanks again for organizing the FE. Our info is inbound. In order to have a definite amount of gifts to be made, what date would you propose to distribute the list ? Also, at how should we handle those wishing to joint after said date?

Can't believe our cruise is right around the corner!

Generally folks ask for a month or more to get gifts all set. We are such a small group that a month seems ok for me. It really is up to the group though. Oct 1 for a cut off date? I don't think we will have enough late comers to set up a subset such as is done on some cruises. My vote would be cut off is cut off. But then, I'm a rule follower :littleangel: and don't see the point in having a rule if you aren't going to follow it. :confused3 I'm that crazy lady that drives the speed limit on the interstate. :rotfl2: Of course, our speed limit here is 75 mph so not hard to obey that one! Anyway, I'm open to whatever the group wants. We will be leaving home on Oct 21, (have to have the WDW fix pre cruise!) so after the 19th or so I won't be able to do any updating.

Hi everyone...just booked for Nov 1st. Me, DH, DS (5) and friend with DD (5). Second cruise for us & 4th for our friends. Would love to do FE though we haven't done it before. So excited!!!

Welcome, welcome!!! :grouphug: Send your info to me in a PM so it does not get missed for the FE.

Let me know if you want/need and FE help. Last cruise I added room #'s and screen names to the deck plans and emailed them out. We had quite a few people participating in the FE though, and we found it helpful for gift delivery. I can do that again if people want/need that

Welcome to the party, TJ! Glad to have you join our modest crew. There's a little meet and greet planned the afternoon we sail. It'll bee nice to put faces to names and exchange any info you'd like then. DW and I will book a couple tastings after boarding and hopefully we'd love company.

You wouldn't be celebrating anything on 11/3 would you? We've got a couple birthdays and an anniversary so far.

MrsMork- (Angie, if I may call you so) I figured out why I was unable to PM you our information last night. It had nothing to do with my phone. If you'd please contact me I'll respond ASAP with our names and such. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Almost forgot! I think a cut-off date of Oct 1st is great. I think a month should be enough time to get everything together for the FE gifts but still gives folks enough time to joins us prior. I don't mind it being a hard date. Very often there are extra FE gifts made or left over after preparations. If we have any last-minute folks pop in we could always leave it to individuals if they want to "spread some pixie dust" to any stragglers. They wouldn't be officially be on the list so you wouldn't need to worry about updating - especially since you'll already be livin' it up. :cool1:

Let me know if you want/need and FE help. Last cruise I added room #'s and screen names to the deck plans and emailed them out. We had quite a few people participating in the FE though, and we found it helpful for gift delivery. I can do that again if people want/need that

Jenn, that would be a huge help! We've been on the Magic before but it's been 13 years.

Ok, I admit it, I'm a guy and visual directions are right up my alley. :lmao:

That would be wonderful. We have had these before and they did help.

Welcome to the party, TJ! Glad to have you join our modest crew. There's a little meet and greet planned the afternoon we sail. It'll bee nice to put faces to names and exchange any info you'd like then. DW and I will book a couple tastings after boarding and hopefully we'd love company.

You wouldn't be celebrating anything on 11/3 would you? We've got a couple birthdays and an anniversary so far.

MrsMork- (Angie, if I may call you so) I figured out why I was unable to PM you our information last night. It had nothing to do with my phone. My PM capability through DIS is temporarily disabled. I'd like to send you our information via email if you wouldn't mind. I like to keep things as organized as possible. My personal email address is IntheForum@hotmail.com. If you'd please contact me I'll respond ASAP with our names and such. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Please do call me Angie. I will email you. Look for one from angela_morkert

Almost forgot! I think a cut-off date of Oct 1st is great. I think a month should be enough time to get everything together for the FE gifts but still gives folks enough time to joins us prior. I don't mind it being a hard date. Very often there are extra FE gifts made or left over after preparations. If we have any last-minute folks pop in we could always leave it to individuals if they want to "spread some pixie dust" to any stragglers. They wouldn't be officially be on the list so you wouldn't need to worry about updating - especially since you'll already be livin' it up. :cool1:

Yes, we usually have a few extra also and drop them in random FEs we see on the ship. :)

Jenn, that would be a huge help! We've been on the Magic before but it's been 13 years.

Ok, I admit it, I'm a guy and visual directions are right up my alley. :lmao:

Haha! On my last FE it was helpful just because there was 25 rooms!!! You needed to plan your route accordingly to know where everyone was located.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter