Magic - May 29, 2016 - 7 Night Norwegian Fjord

Just to give everyone an FE update. We currently have 16 confirmed cabins which includes 10 children. Our list closes on April 30th and details of your cabins will be sent to you shortly after. If you need any information in the meantime (child ages/gender or allergy information) please contact myself or Lynn WDWEPCOT and we can provide you with it.

Thanks

Team Norway FE

Hello all! We are fresh off of our "preview" 3-night sailing of the Magic that ended our Spring Break week. A few quick observations here tonight, then I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow:
  • Magic was in excellent shape, though there were a few minor things. I will say that I really love the Magic. We really noticed how much more the crowds seem to be spread out than vs. the Dream cruise we did prior. I think that gives the classic ships a more relaxed feel than their newer counterparts.
  • We all thought that the food was exceptionally good, and much better than the 3-day we did on the Dream back in January
  • We ended up cancelling our Palo Brunch as we felt that it would take too much time out of our 3-day cruise. This makes the second straight cruise that we haven't used the complementary Palo with my wife's Platinum status.
  • Speaking of Platinum, DD and I are now Platinum as well after this past cruise!
  • Our stateroom was a 10C inside (2639). It was mixed. We liked the stateroom, but the AC did not work for the first part of the cruise and it took them a day or so to get it working properly. You could occasionally get noise from Carioca's above as well. Also, there was definite vibration felt when docking, especially when...
  • WE DOCKED BACK AT PORT CANAVERAL on the morning of our second day! Turns out we had a medical emergency on board, so they turned the ship around and we docked at one of the end piers around 7:00am Friday morning. We were back out at sea and en route to Castaway Cay by 7:45. We were actually awoken by the vibration of the docking, which apparently was a "light" tie-down with anchor (which is what I believe was so loud). Basically a pull-in to the outmost dock, to meet an ambulance, disembark the passenger, and back out to sea... I do hope that the lady is OK.
  • The new Tangled show is excellent and runs a bit longer than a normal DCL show. We also really enjoyed the update to Dreams. As we've seen Twice Charmed a number of times before, we skipped it. One quick note, on the night of the Tangled show, they turn O'Gill's Pub into the "Snuggly Duckling" and let the "thugs" run it. Be sure to check that out!
  • Did not like Pirate party at 7:30. Preferred the old 10:00 party better
  • First time to have a cabana on Castaway Cay (we had Cabana #18 on the Family Beach). Really enjoyed it and felt spoiled, though we know it is hit or miss getting a cabana as platinum (usually Concierge book them all)
  • The "After Hours" adult area seemed really refreshed and new. Really enjoyed our Mixology class in Keys.
  • Lesley was the cruise director, but said that she would be going on vacation and that Clayton would be the CD on our voyage (more "vacation dance" for us). She said that Brent had moved up to a really good position at Disney's California Adventure over the entertainment there.
  • The crew are all excited to be going back to Norway and all say that it is breathtaking (and expensive...). A number of crew we spoke to (especially European) are either on vacation or will be taking a small vacation and rejoining the ship either on our sailing or on the June 5th one.

Tide fan
Thank you for the update! So sorry that you didn't do Palo! You have got to do their brunch it is so Good!!
Glad you enjoyed the cabana / I have been wanting to do one and appreciate your feedback.
Did you have good weather? Was your room aft? I always get aft rooms and do get some vibration. I do like the Wonder and have not been on the Magic but think I will like it based on your review.
Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for letting us know \ did you happen to hear when 2017 will be released.????
Lynn

tidefan - thanks for the preview. I love reading about the Magic when people just get off. So excited to sail on her again next month and so glad you had an awesome time.

WDWEPCOT - I wanna know when 2017 is released. I'm going to start crying about it soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may have a lift on my Travel Ban that DH put on me! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!! He is starting to soften up!!!!!!!!!! I am going to keep working on him. I may be able to book a cruise on-board!

I'm disappointed to say I'll have to be in one group only with a split :( as much as I'd like to be in both my FE is turning out to be more labour intensive than I thought and I've roped in my mother in law too so for the sake of her sanity I'll say please put us down for one group!!! Thanks

Floridajo
Are you asking for the whole fe listing? You have not indicated if you wanted one big group or split into two groups. Please let us know.
Thanks
Team Norway FE

Thanks so much for getting back to us and letting us know.

Team Norway FE

I'm disappointed to say I'll have to be in one group only with a split :( as much as I'd like to be in both my FE is turning out to be more labour intensive than I thought and I've roped in my mother in law too so for the sake of her sanity I'll say please put us down for one group!!! Thanks

Floridajo
Are you asking for the whole fe listing? You have not indicated if you wanted one big group or split into two groups. Please let us know.
Thanks
Team Norway FE
Hi I'll do both if we split so yes please the whole FE group
Thanks

Floridajo - Thanks for letting us know that you'd like to be in both groups if we split it.

I can confirm there are currently: 19 women, 15 men, 5 girls and 5 boys for a total of 16 confirmed cabins. Please keep in mind that these aren't final numbers and that the list closes on April 30th.

Thanks
Team Norway FE

Hi I'll do both if we split so yes please the whole FE group
Thanks

Hi Swanky - I've tried to send you a DM but I am unable to. Can you please let us know whether you'd like to be on the full FE list (currently at 16 cabins and closing on April 30th) or whether you'd prefer the list to split so that you are allocated a smaller number of cabins? Should numbers remain the same it'll either be 16 in total or a smaller list of 8.

Many thanks

Team Norway FE

Hey Lynn- We will be on the Norway Cruise with you. I am interested in participating in the FE Group. Can you help me out with that? We are in room 6616. Traveling will be myself Mary Swank who love Minnie and Tinkerbell, My husband Guy Swank, he's a Goofy, and Chip and Dale Fan. And last our son Sam who is 7 years old and finishing 1st grade in 48 days. He loves Mickey, StarWars DarthVader and anything Marvel related. We live in Hudson Ohio. This is our 5 Disney cruise. We did Alaska this past August and Barcelona the year before...along with a few to the carribean. Please let me know if there is room for us. Thanks.

Hi Matt - Shmoo has answered you but yes, over a 7 night cruise like ours you will rotate 2 or 3 times but keep the same dining room team. Your rotation will be printed on your KTTW card. I believe you can call DCL ahead of the cruise and certainly request a specific rotation (lots of people did this on our last Med cruise on the Magic) but it's just a request, although I am sure DCL will try to honour it.

Hope that helps.
Daniela

Rookie question.
Does rotational dining apply every night of the cruise ?

Ta
Matt

Thank you. Is there any way to find out our rotation prior to boarding ?
No. If it matters to you to have specific rotation, you can call DCL and ask for a specific rotation to be placed on your reservation. They will give you the "it's only a request, yada, yada, yada", but just agree and say you'd like the request on your reservation. Most such requests are granted, some are not.

Howdy Cruise Peeps!
It has been a busy week! I received my cruise docs for the TA cruise this week and thought I had better ck on the Norway docs - per DCL my Norway docs were mailed on the 14th. We should be receiving them next week. Not so lucky with my Magic bands - doubt they are going to arrive before I leave and Disney won't mail hem early - I called. Don't understand that.

Did anyone book a 2017 cruise this week? I booked the 9 night Alaska. I was very surprised I got my travel ban lifted!!! DH didn't even blink an eye when I mentioned the quote - he was - you booked it didn't you?? Ah no not yet - well book it! I will right after I pick my jaw up off the floor!!! AND then he said we should book a dummy one on the cruise / well I was beginning to think I dialed the wrong number!!! And then I thought who cares I am going to run with it!!! So I am booked for Alaska!! So far it has been my favorite cruise! That we have done - but think Norway may rank up there! I can't wait to go back to Alaska it is just beautiful!!!

I booked a Rolling Stones exhibit in London for after the Norway cruise. If anyone is interested - let me know and I can give you the details. I thought the tickets were reasonable.

Off to clean - I have not been home all week / it has been crazy busy. Hope everyone is doing well / you can find me under the huge pile of laundry and dirty dishes!!
Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter