Magic Kingdom first or last?

abinormal

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not getting much when I search. I'm just curious about opinions regarding when to do MK since it's the stereotypical "kid's park."

My kids will be four and two, their first trip. I've never been anywhere but MK and those trips were many years ago.

Do most people recommend MK first to kind of set the tone, or hold off so it doesn't set expectations too high for the other parks that might not be as interesting? I do plan on spending more this one day there.

OK, I'll be the practical one. While we always do MK twice at the very least, it is rarely the first and last day. We plan our park days according to the crowd calendars, and go on the recommended days. So, depending on the day that we arrive, it might be the first, or it might be the fourth day before we see MK. Going on the first day may seem like the "Disney" thing to do, but ending up in a very crowded park can sure wipe away a lot of that pixie dust you're seeking.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not getting much when I search. I'm just curious about opinions regarding when to do MK since it's the stereotypical "kid's park."

My kids will be four and two, their first trip. I've never been anywhere but MK and those trips were many years ago.

Do most people recommend MK first to kind of set the tone, or hold off so it doesn't set expectations too high for the other parks that might not be as interesting? I do plan on spending more this one day there.

I follow the crowd calender for park recommendation. It also depends on your travel dates. If you were arriving on Christmas, I would not step foot near MK.
http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/

OK, I'll be the practical one. While we always do MK twice at the very least, it is rarely the first and last day. We plan our park days according to the crowd calendars, and go on the recommended days. So, depending on the day that we arrive, it might be the first, or it might be the fourth day before we see MK. Going on the first day may seem like the "Disney" thing to do, but ending up in a very crowded park can sure wipe away a lot of that pixie dust you're seeking.

Lol we posted almost the same thing at the same time!

I agree with checking the crowd calendar for your dates and choosing the best day for MK that way.

That said, I also like the first day/last day idea. If MK is the thing I'm most looking forward to, I'm not going to be happy till I get there; every other park is going to be "when do we get to see MK?" And if I get that first MK day out of my system AND I know I'm going back there, it's easier to relax and enjoy the other parks in between. But, that's just how I would feel. :)

Yeah, the crowd calendar will definitely have input. I just meant as a hypothetical, "all things being equal" situation. The calendar for next November isn't out yet but this year'a comparable week is no higher than 4 any day so I'm not too worried.

I went with crowd calendars on our first trip, and while I do understand and think easyWDW's calendars saved us a lot of grief and waiting, I regret not taking the kids to MK as the first park on their first visit.

I couldn't wait to see their expressions as the castle came into view, and it was the 3rd day in a row of going to an amusement park...not that nobody cared, but it's not the same.

Now that the first trip is behind us, we'll stick to crowd calendars.

First and last!! :) It's a great way to kick off vacation and end it. But if I HAD to pick, definitely end.

I follow the crowd calender for park recommendation. It also depends on your travel dates. If you were arriving on Christmas, I would not step foot near MK.
http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/

Yeah, the crowd calendar will definitely have input. I just meant as a hypothetical, "all things being equal" situation. The calendar for next November isn't out yet but this year'a comparable week is no higher than 4 any day so I'm not too worried.

I'm in the "first and last" group as long as everything else is equal. If the week never gets higher than a 4, it shouldn't be too bad at any park IMHO, but I'd still avoid any park expressly not recommended. That being said, I always like to watch Wishes before Illuminations, as I think the fireworks at EPCOT are better than at MK (again, MHO).

I agree with this. MK was our fifth park day in June, and we still had a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter