Magic in the Mediterranean...Dicecatt & Dicedawg, the April 24th Voyage

Hi!
What airline are you flying and what is your connection.
How far out did you purchase your fare and do you think you got a good deal?

We fly from STL, have one layover in Philly, and then to Barcelona, US Airways. $830 pp round trip, and we sail on April 24, I purchased airfare on Feb 9. Yes, I think it was a very good price!

I'm in!!! Can't wait to hear it all... take LOTS of pictures!!! :banana: :banana:

I had 1800 on the PC repo... I think I will have much more than that with the Med!!!

Also... are you taking DCL transportation? I was wondering how it will work going to the ship and or hotels.

I had 1800 on the PC repo... I think I will have much more than that with the Med!!!

Also... are you taking DCL transportation? I was wondering how it will work going to the ship and or hotels.

I am not using DCL transportation at the beginning of the cruise, but we are at the end...our flight leaves at 10:30 AM which makes me nervous but it was the only flight all day and a lot of people were put on that flight by DCL. I haven't quite figured out how we are going from airport to hotel, or hotel to port.

I'm traveling with my 78 year old mom... I'm taking DCL for the convienance...

Hey: I think we may be on the same flight with you-US Air from Phil. arriving in Barcelona at 8:35 a.m. on the 23rd? We're staying an extra day in Barcelona on the return-if I had know DCL was booking people that early-we'd be on the return with you as well!

Hey: I think we may be on the same flight with you-US Air from Phil. arriving in Barcelona at 8:35 a.m. on the 23rd? We're staying an extra day in Barcelona on the return-if I had know DCL was booking people that early-we'd be on the return with you as well!

Yes, sounds like the same flight! There are three sets of couples in our group. We have a 5 hour layover first from STL :eek:.

I was worried about that return flight time, especially since it changed to a little earlier (started at 10:45 and got earlier). But several on our thread have stated Disney put them on that flight so that made me feel so much better!

I have the opposite problem-our connecting flight gets us there at 5:00-sort of a tight connection for international travel...but I preferred this flight because it was direct-connecting in Europe is stressful!!

One week from today I will be on a plane to Barcelona.

Thankfully it is next week and not this week, as I have what my doctor thinks is walking pnuemonia. He said he is just going to treat me like I have it since I'm leaving so soon. I'm having trouble getting excited about packing and things since it feels like someone with giant hands is squeezing my head, and my cough is ridiculous.

DH called me today about the volcanic ash and the flights grounded...I am taking that as a sign that he is truly excited about our trip! He has been studying Italian but I am pretty sure won't understand most of what is said in Italy. A for effort, though!

Our plan for traveling is two rolling duffles I bought (much lighter than our normal big suitcase) and two rolling DCL bags as carryons. We'll bite the bullet and pay for a third bag on the way home, I'm sure we'll need it for souvenirs! DH suggested we just buy another suitcase there, and who am I to argue when shopping is involved, so we'll probably pick up another rolling DCL while onboard. They aren't the best made things anyway, the threading is pulling out on my first one, but they are nice for carryon purposes.

I'm making lists upon lists for my DMIL who is watching the kids while we are gone. I'm out of town this weekend for DD11's last cheer competition so before I know it, next Thursday will be here! Hopefully in a day or two my cough subsides and I can really get excited about it!

Oh, and I made totally adorable booklets, one for each of our traveling companion couples. Our itinerary is in detail but also port information and historical details about most ports, costs for things, temperature averages, and I bound them all. I made them half page size so they are easily carried. I'll have to photograph them because I am really proud of them, they even have tabs! Any of you on the Meds coming up, if you'd like me to email you the booklet (obviously will have some of my details like the excursions we are doing but you could tweak it) PM me, I'd be glad to send it. I think they are going to be really handy.

Here are some photos of Med booklet I made:)

MedBooklet.jpg

Medbooklet2.jpg

Medbooklet3.jpg

Medbooklet4.jpg

Medbooklet5.jpg

Have a safe flight and see you at Barcelona! So glad that things are slowly working out for most of us.

We have landed and coming into Barcelona we saw the beautiful Disney Magic! It was very exciting.

Flight was delayed as rain began while we boarded so we sat on the tarmac for at least 40 minutes. There was a rainbow on the side we could not see, and then take off! The funniest part was when an older gentleman tried to get into an occupied bathroom and a hand came out of it and he jumped out of his skin.

Loving your trip report Dicecatt! We will be on the May 26th sailing! Looking forward to your updates!! I have added a link to your posts on our cruise website too!!

We woke up at midnight, totally messed up in time. After about an hour we got back to sleep and when we woke we were suprised to see it was almost 9 AM! We got ready and went down to breakfast, which was cereal, bread, yogurt, bread, milk, and more bread. We then walked around a bit more and went into the fresh food market off La Rambla, it was amazing...we took such beautiful pictures of FOOD. It was weird how food made it so magical, but something about the locals, the freshness, the colors...it was really one of the best parts of our stay in Barcelona.

We checked out at noon. We had the front desk call taxis and we were off to port! Of course, the first site of the Magic was thrilling, by far the prettiest ship in port. We quickly dropped our bags with a porter, and were soon in line in the Castaway Club line. There was about a 10 minute wait, which looked to be about 30 minutes for first time sailers. It was about 12:30 and we boarded at that time with no wait.

Ate in Parrot Cay, and then rooms were ready. We LOVE our stateroom attendant, Shaka, whom Belle keeps calling Chakakan. In fact, every single CM has been fantastic.

I'm going to write more, a lot more, including my Dooney & Burke success, but Dicedawg and I are heading to Diversions to play chess and drink (more), so I'll have to make it later:)

Okay, I'm back.

We spent some time exploring our staterooms and then Dicedawg, Belle and I walked to the Promenade Lounge and ordered drinks and made friends with the bartender, Pio. Yummy pomegranite cosmo. Then the Disboard meet at 3 PM, had a great chat with Aunt Lynne, and a few more awesome people. The lanyards are so cute, we were really excited!

Back to the room our bags were there so we decorated our doors and unpacked. Muster was 5 PM, and then directly after Dicedawg, Belle, Beau and I went to AuntLynne's room, she upgraded to a Catt 3 and much to my delight I got to photograph it, including its massive, Aft verandah (HUGE!!!). We chatted for a bit and then left, Dicedawg was going for a body mass index thing at the spa and Belle and I went towards the shops which opened at 6. We stopped and chatted with the DVC lady, she sat in front of us on the plane, and Belle is a member so they bonded. We went to Treasure Ketch and there were the Dooney & Burkes. They said the large ones, all three sizes of them, were ALL out in the showroom, nothing in back. Not sure if that is true. They did have many wristlets, and brought more out for my perusal since I am buying 4 for disers that aren't cruising for a while. I bought the $160 bag and I LOVE IT, perfect placement. The CM was awesome and helped me choose good ones for the disboard people. Shocking price, I've never spent that much in one sitting at the gift shop!

After, we hung out in the room a bit, and went to the shops again because Dicedawg wanted to check them out, but a minute later the first show let out and the shops were swamped so we left to get ready for dinner.

Dinner was really good. Our server is Grisella, she is from Peru and married to a French server that she met while working on the Magic! They even work in the same dining room. I had brushetta, crab soup, seafood rissotto and delicious mint icecream and some kind of pecan thing. Yumyummy. Then Dicedawg and I went to Diversions for some chess. I was doing quite well until I started getting tired then I pretty much gave him my queen with a stupid move and continued the dumb moves until I was trounced.

Till next time:)

I :love: Griselle!!! She was my assistant server on the 2008 WBPC & my server for the EBTA (got off the day you got on).

Please tell her that Monica say's HI!!

Have a great time!

Subscribing!

Loving the report...and whenyou get back you have to tell me how you made that book! Did you have it pro printed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter