Magic in the Mediterranean...Dicecatt & Dicedawg, the April 24th Voyage

Hi dice cat! I loved your report! It did bring back wonderful memories!:banana:

How have you been??? Any cool travel on the horizon? I am set on the Maiden Dream voyage and an MR in March...not going to book the Fantasy, I hope I'll be on a preview and I'm not paying those prices, lol.

How have you been??? Any cool travel on the horizon? I am set on the Maiden Dream voyage and an MR in March...not going to book the Fantasy, I hope I'll be on a preview and I'm not paying those prices, lol.

Great, thanks! We just got back from a week in a Grand Villa at the AKL! That was awesome! Next cruises are the TA preview for the Dream (so stinking excited about that!!!:cool1::cool1:) and an Alaska cruise in May!

I totally agree about the Fantasy! I hope they let us preview that too!

Great, thanks! We just got back from a week in a Grand Villa at the AKL! That was awesome! Next cruises are the TA preview for the Dream (so stinking excited about that!!!:cool1::cool1:) and an Alaska cruise in May!

I totally agree about the Fantasy! I hope they let us preview that too!

Okay, I would LOVE to see some pics of the Grand Villas!

any chance you would like to share, your pictures are amazing and your pictures of Rome have inspired me to book the med next August.

Thanks, mkmommy!! Of course I can! I dont think I'm allowed to link another board here, so I'll pm you.:)

Great trip report :thumbsup2

I enjoyed it very much. We are booked on the Med Cruise Aug 20th 2011. Your wanderfull pictures and comments really motivates anyone to take this itinerary; although our's is a little shorter, only 7 nights.

Do have a question: I read that most of your tours and/or shore excursions were with private companies, are these the ones from DCL or you were able to book them before the cruise.

I'm going to post the link of this thread on ours so other DissB can enjoy it too. :thanks:

I was on that cruise and made the mistake of booking the excursions through Disney. I will NEVER do that again. Most of them did not deliver what the description was in the booking guide. Examples, parts left off due to running out of time like the leaning tower of Pisa was a 5 minute photo stop instead of the 45 minutes of free time, Church tours dropped, the Rome tour ended 2 hours early. The cruise line did NOTHING. Disney really dropped the ball when it came to excursions. We did Monaco on our own for $50 for 2 including things that were not on the excursion that Disney offered. We did it faster, saw more and Disney would have charged us $300 for the same things.

Best advise is to do your homework on the location and determine what you want to see and do and book it yourself. You will see more and have a much better time and save a LOT of money doing it on your own.

I was on that cruise and made the mistake of booking the excursions through Disney. I will NEVER do that again. Most of them did not deliver what the description was in the booking guide. Examples, parts left off due to running out of time like the leaning tower of Pisa was a 5 minute photo stop instead of the 45 minutes of free time, Church tours dropped, the Rome tour ended 2 hours early. The cruise line did NOTHING. Disney really dropped the ball when it came to excursions. We did Monaco on our own for $50 for 2 including things that were not on the excursion that Disney offered. We did it faster, saw more and Disney would have charged us $300 for the same things.

Best advise is to do your homework on the location and determine what you want to see and do and book it yourself. You will see more and have a much better time and save a LOT of money doing it on your own.

Thank you for the heads up ! :goodvibes

I used the DCL tours for Malta and for Tunisia, and didn't do any tour in Corsica. I'd be happy to give you a list of the private tour contacts I have, just PM me!

I did enjoy the Blue Grotto tour in Malta through DCL, and Tunisia went well also, but by Tunisia I was tired of being on a bus with a lot of people. I greatly prefer private tours. I found some great friends through connecting with other travelers through the DIS on the tours I set up!

Thanks for the great trip report! I will be doing the 10-day Med cruise in June, 2011 with DH and DD (11). However, first I'll be cruising with you on the MV of the Dream. See you onboard!

Thanks for the great trip report :thumbsup2 We'll go on a 7 night Mediterranean Cruise in June, I'm so excited...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter